1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

F1 by Kunos(discussion)

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by romandevision, Aug 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Let's just say - it's just a thoughts. What's it gonna take? Will we ever be able to see it? Or is there no place for a small company where there is a lot of money going around?

If the real F1 simulator ever was? At the moment, the F1 Codemasters doesn't even have a laser scan. If I'm not mistaken, the SMS has applied for a license. It's a good thing they couldn't get it.

So many questions, yes.:confused::rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  2. Slowbloke

Slowbloke Simracer

Saying devs could not get a licence is extremely short sighted.

3. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

I don't know that, so I'd like to know. You know more than anyone else? Your guesses are equal to mine - total ignorance of the situation.

Maybe @Lord Kunos will say more.

4. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

Who is SMS?

5. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

6. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Although I can't begin to imagine this even being seriously discussed by F! commercial/marketing I would love to see it.
    I haven't bought an F1 sim since Geoff Crammond's .
    I guess they are about sales numbers rather than hardcore simulation.

It would be interesting to know if there is even a bidding process

romandevision likes this.
  7. Slowbloke

Slowbloke Simracer

I'm not saying you are factually right or wrong on the success or failure of obtaining the license.

I'm saying we should want licenses to be readily available to sms, kunos, studio 397 etc so we have more content out there.

No one wants a repetition of Porsche being unavailable for years.

Imo sms would be a great place for an f1 license and also kunos. Both have their strength and weaknesses as developers. The more have the license the more games we get and the more they can all learn of each other.

That way WE win.

Codies having f1 license only means no laser scanned tracks, no vr, half assed FFB, meh physics etc.... They definitely do what they do well but it's just not for me. Hence I want all other devs to have a chance.

Son likes this.
  8. Fr0zzen

Fr0zzen Gamer

Even if Kunos would get the license I doubt that F1 teams want to give enough data for it to be called a sim. Maybe it’s possible when the next era of F1 cars arrives in 2021 (I think) where manufacturers don’t care (so much) when their car data is revealed to other teams.

9. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

Ah, kk... my thoughts.. For proper simulation dev needs tons of datas, feedback, background infos... F1 (FIA) is more paranoid than any other race class, can't imagine that, for example, Mercedes give away any usable telemetry, maybe from season 2010...

sissydriver and romandevision like this.
  10. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Maybe we don't understand each other, but I agree that competition is good. I don't want to hate SMS, but I don't like their approach. And Codemasters makes an arcade series. Many people like it, but many suffer because there is no real F1 simulator. And with this trend, we will never see it again.

I hope that we will get a multi-license (PES, as an example, though not very good).

I don't quite understand regulation 2021. Everybody will have the same budget - it became known, but the technical part will also be a secret? I like the openness of Blancpain. I would like to believe that the FIA will one day become the same.

Slowbloke likes this.
  11. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

I think F1 stays where it is, it's slowly getting better. No codies games feel 100% right with a wheel though, it's hard to explain, there's always something preventing the experience from feeling natural.

I will definitely vote 1 for Assetto Corsa Rally though!

ShredatorFIN, paulieGTR and isma_c_r like this.
  12. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

If Kunos made F1 , with the dedication to physics that they have shown in ACC, then the game would not be that popular because only a small percentage of people would be capable of handling the car. Then you would really see proper T1 Carnage. Not only that but all of the 'out of car gameplay' would probably depress the developers

LATE4APEX, WallyM and chksix like this.
  13. chakko

chakko Alien

A big market. Which immediately disqualifies any sim out there.

It's already a miracle for me that Ferrari let Kunos model some of their newer F1 cars.

14. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

I never got the impression Kunos are big F1 fans, though I could be wrong. Getting the F1 license is something of a treadmill - you have to produce a game on an annual basis. Although no doubt you can recycle the tracks each year, the initial up-front investment in tracks would be pretty big. Then there is possibility of losing the license. As others have said, the technicalities of modern F1 are complex. It seems the teams do not always know why they are not a quick as rivals, so how can you simulate this.

15. A-Jin

A-Jin Racer

from what i've seen what RF2 can do i think it is possible to get dedicated f1 game BUT it will not definitely have modern F1 BUT who cares we can have all the F1 cars of previous GLORIOUS era IMO we can get any era of cars 1970-2014.
    All they have to do is ask fans for their favorite era of f1 cars and add individual era as DLC so they can afford the cost and maintain quality.
    I presonally would like
    *turbo era
    *V12 era(1989-1995 pick any era from these years)
    *2004 or 2005 cars
    *2007 or 2008 F1
    *and 2014 hybrid era cars or 2015 if possible to licence.

EDIT : ALSO IMO we can easily do any of these era with just 4 or 5 different cars. Idc if BIG names are included or not since a F1 car is an F1 car which are extemly enjoyable.

SimGuy_1 and romandevision like this.
  16. Tkeg

Tkeg Gamer

From what I've heard Codies pay 5 million/year for the F1 license, a true sim would never sell well enough to be profitable

jc1993, chakko and romandevision like this.
  17. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

While that is true, keep in mind that AC already has a couple of F1 cars and even one (SF70H) of the running season at the time (even though after the season but still in the same year).

But apart from that the licence is waaaaay out of reach and F1 without an official licence is not going to sell well.
    Since the licence is sitting at Codemasters I don't really see the point in this discussion.

18. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

I guess the reason is clear now. In this case, the simulator and F1 are absolutely incompatible definitions and we should be glad we have an F1. In this case, simcade from Codemasters is very good.

19. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

ACC=BTCC & Aussie V8's..;)

20. geforth

geforth Gamer

Play automobilista (ams) There a open wheeler from the 60s to 2018. Of course, they have no license, but all cars are similar to the originals, with halo, ers, drs etc. Ams simulates also all flags, with full course yellow, safety car, box etc. It's a beautiful game :)

ShredatorFIN likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.