1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Fall of players, what is happening?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pastranario, Jul 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arjit.c

arjit.c Rookie

I think in a way, people at times look at racing simulators the same way they look at other gaming titles (say FPS/RPG etc) where, once the game is "released" you get 2-3 patches? and done! So there's a doubt/fear that things will remain as-is forever (which isn't the case here at all -- quite a few patches/fixes and we're just at 1.0.7!)

Taking an example from other sim racing titles, like rFactor 2 and iRacing have been going for a while, I guess people might be generally looking for a official announcement/statement "Yes, ACC is a long term project till 20XX involving the Blancpain series" or something like that. This would right away take away any doubt that people might have about the long term/fixes etc, Apart from this, taking up iRacing as an example, if you've been playing it for 2 years, the stats, race wins -- everything comes up in an online portal where you can track your Wins/incidents per race, per race info etc - things like this make you feel a bit more attached to the game I feel.

As currently, if you play, sure, you know your wins/losses/podiums etc but it doesn't appear anywhere, not that anyone needs to show off a win% etc, but it's nice to have these stats recorded and a ranking or something like iRating to compare you to the other players to see how you can improve etc.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  2. Adastros

Adastros Racer

I don't understand, why argue for one if we can have both?
    [​IMG]

3. GroteBakkes

GroteBakkes Racer

We can have both. My post should not be taken literally. It was an example of 2 features not yet in ACC which I feel are different in importance from a developer standpoint to prioritize over, that's all.

4. Rolz

Rolz Alien

I know where I need to improve with my license ratings... RC, SA etc etc...
    Because there is no centrally hosted racing structure (discussed to death) we'll never get much more... not that it's a concern for me... I know if I'm improving or not racing against the fast guys in my region :)

arjit.c likes this.
  5. Hold on to your butt!

6. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

the game is dying because there's nothing to do in it, it also came out unfinished and riddled with bugs, that immediately turns people away

MP is bad and just a generic browser, we were told it would be more
    career is just a bunch of sessions chained together that mean nothing, for example testing sessions you literally test nothing and the AI is bad, they literally brake on apexes

if people want multiplayer they will go iracing, if people want singleplayer they will go with games that have much more options and much more polish like raceroom, pcars or F1

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I mainly play SP. I'll still be here smiling and enjoying myself :cool:

vortex19, swigaffu and jaxx_za like this.
  8. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

Jesus moaning that games are dying.... :rolleyes: soo boring.... Eve Online dies since ten years, according to people like you... but wait... uh it lives! Make your personal funeral with ACC and let it be

jaxx_za, chksix, Romneyb and 4 others like this.
  9. jo_siffert

jo_siffert Racer

Then go and enjoy these games and titles - there is no need to whine and moan on forums you do not enjoy the things delivered.

I'm sorry, but i am a bit tired to see so much "making up" drama.

Greets
    Jo

swigaffu, jaxx_za, RSR2KX and 6 others like this.
  10. GroteBakkes

GroteBakkes Racer

Yes, sorry for the masquerade, u have discovered our secret, if u respond nice u might also have chance to
    upload_2019-8-8_21-8-28.png

ignission and sps_for_race like this.
  11. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

ok bye

12. GroteBakkes

GroteBakkes Racer

@Lord Kunos
    How long is this Rinse & Repeat torture with this thread going to last? This thread is literally going in circles faster then speeding around the event horizon of a Black Hole. :rolleyes:

Romneyb likes this.
  13. And if people want the closest they can get to driving GT3 cars while still sitting in their undies in front of a screen with a toy wheel in their hand they will play ACC.

Crazy how so many so-called simracers don't realize that this isn't a game for the masses.

Kinda weird how not so long ago MP racing was about enjoying the competition in that moment; now it is all about the (ego enhancing, e-peen measuring) ranking that is achieved after the race is over. Irating truly is one hell of a drug. Hopefully once statistics (best personal lap at each track, win loss ratio, etc) are shown for the player this will help with the meaningless feeling.

Having an engaging story in SP would have been great, but at the end of the day SP really is nothing more than a handful of races against the ai in all racing games. Hopefully Kunos at least fixes the issues within the current barebones SP, but expecting anything more from a $50 game made by a handful of guys that are passionate about physics is probably futile.

Hopefully the simracers that enjoy realistic physics will either discover ACC or at some point come back to ACC but for now I am happy that when Kunos looked at the list of issues to be solved they prioritized the one that dealt with a physics issue (kerb of death) over the ones that deal with game play.

Anyways, hopefully soon I will +1 to the player base but for now I have a new toy that I am enjoying.
    [​IMG]

[ATF]Shanti, jaxx_za, chksix and 5 others like this.
  14. Metzger

Metzger Racer

Have to disagree on that.
    MP evolved, in every game, not only in race sims. FIFA now offers different leagues and competition online it's not just 1v1 game. All games have more complex MP nowadays, so people expect the same from a race sim too.

First, it's not the iRating, iRating is just a number to measure skill and experience so to split the players based on their skill, it works more or less.
    It is the standings, seasons, divisions which add the strategy part in the races. When you join a race you care to finish as you have pretty much only 4 shots to make a good race and take more points for the overall standing. If you are in a split with higher ranked drivers you are satisfied with lower position so might be smart to drive safe and grab the points from the higher ranked who made a mistakes, on the other hand, a split with lower ranked, you might have to go more aggressive for the win to get more points - there is some strategy how you approach race depending on what you need to take from it.
    In every race, people will think twice before making a stupid move, overall behavior of racers is closer to the real ones - more cautious and patient, because the important is the championship. Because of that people are more dedicated, there are less accidents, racing is cleaner and certainly more interesting. All this contributes a lot also to "enjoying the competition in that moment". How many times you saw in public server in ACC or any other similar MP a full grid which most of the people will finish the race ? In my experience most of the time 2/3 of the grid is out of the race in the first half. In iRacing, in most of the races only a few will crash or spin, most people will finish.

And no, I don't expect Kunos to compete with iRacing, it's just a discussion so people can share their opinion and thoughts and wishes. I am always very positive about AC and ACC, have given positive review in steam and always defend it where I can. Because I like it a lot, physics cars.. this is where it shines and I enjoy it.

In the perfect world we will have iRacing MP system, content of all sims together, ACC physics and F1 20xx career mode. But there is no perfect happiness unfortunately.

jc1993, XettMan and Patrik like this.
  15. And what exactly does all those standing and divisions mean at the end of the day? (spoiler alert: NOTHING)
    Wait, so you don't try to run every lap as fast as the situation allows so as to get the highest finishing position that you can, every race?
    Bull****.
    I have had roughly the same percentage of good/clean to bad/ugly driving in races in pretty much every sim/game. Yes, in iracing people will limp around at half speed rather than simply quit out, but not sure how that makes a better experience for the guys that don't have a wrecked car.

And for the epic five time quote/reply I have this:
    Thank you for proving my point that nowadays the rating that one gets after an event is more important than the actual event itself. And I'm not really going to judge whether that is a good or bad thing, it simply is what it is. Hopefully sooner rather than later Kunos will at least show our statistics so that we have a way of judging ourselves against others. Until then the 'only' fun to be had is the events that happen on track during a race.

martcerv likes this.
  16. chakko

chakko Alien

Not quite. It pretty much resembles the experience i made with the iRacing service. You know, the online system is the least issue i have with iR, it's VASTLY superior to any other sim out there, and it makes for fun, competetive races. Also, because it gives drivers that special something (think seriousness), which is need to have good racing (i practied every time before a race, because i felt like i would be way more competetive, and able to race well, when i do). It comes at a price though, naturally. It's expensive. And the tire physics and FFB suck ***. Sorry to be so harsh, but, it's like that. If iR had ACC's physics, i wouldn't even look at anything else.

XettMan likes this.
  17. I used to practice more than I actually raced, and I approached each race as if it was a serious real life event. Getting wrecked more often than not, sometimes even on the pace laps, by guys that simply didn't take it that serious pretty much killed my 'give a damn' after a couple years.
    I know that one of the most popular urban myths in simracing is 'iracing has the cleanest simracers on the planet' but in my experience that ended up simply not being true.

Anyways, we have likely strayed far too off topic, so I will try to refrain from any more posting about iracing in this thread.

18. ignission

ignission Simracer

upload_2019-8-8_23-47-42.jpeg

That was my track day date. I miss her :(

GroteBakkes and Rolz like this.
  19. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

If people (devs included) don't want honest on topic discussion maybe they should close the thread.

20. it takes a little bit of discipline but it's totally possible to ignore something that makes you feel uncomfortable you know? :)

Yes it is going in circles but there are no reasons to close it and it does contain very important information for the ones willing to read through the lines.

Nobody has to defend their POV to the death, you're not changing anybody's mind.