1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Fall of players, what is happening?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pastranario, Jul 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

I live in a hot climate but I’m still racing the same amount that I usually do, which is not as much as I’d like to thanks to work and family commitments. Unfortunately I think ACC has had a rough start, partly because of misaligned expectations, partly due to the VR / Triples / won’t run on my potato crowd and partly due to the fact that we live in a fairly toxic time when people love to trash things.

It’s just the start though. It’ll get better as the hotfixes roll in and the DLCs come. We just have to be patient and continue to spread the word. There’s a lot of people who think that ACC is junk without having even tried it.

2. Kilotango

Kilotango Rookie

i have stopped playing online, because i found the online crowd to be as toxic as this forum. the last time i took part in online MP last month, during quali i moved off the racing line to gave way to some idiot behind who was weaving left to right. he tried to overtake quicker than he could control it, and he then spun out infront of me after he went past. he then started cursing and spamming the message board saying that i was a stupid kid and should go back to minecraft. it was at that point that i just decided to exit and not bother again.

theres are too many players in this game who take themselves way too seriously. everyone believes they are too superior to be playing with other people. i see it in the game, and even on this forum as well. ACC online really isnt a nice place to be alot of the time, especially for new players

3. Jenzen

Jenzen Gamer

Acc makes online simracing great again.

Acc gives me nice thrilling and fair racing fights online and thats why im simracing.
    Sure you got some people racing like idiots sometimes but its not realy often when you got some SA rating up, maybe 2 from 10 races in Acc and all this without paying monthly ;) or only driving in privat groups.

Its just my viewpoint about Acc so dont get me wrong, i only race online but i can understand the hole argument about performance, vr, etc.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  4. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

I dont really care how quiet it gets, as long as I have at least 12 people to race against.
    All the wreckers, noobs and moaners can disappear and leave it to those who want to race fair.
    Of course I would rather it be busy, just not to the extent that it spoils my racing.

eracerhead likes this.
  5. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Not now, but this will be possible in the future. Organized by Kunos? I don't think so, but can be done by third parties. The tools are already there, they just need polishing.

BTW, it's not like big iR events happen without any problems. Haven't you heard people complaining about lag or disconnects?

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

m_box97 likes this.
  6. IMHO acc does everything right. The cars feel awesome and this is the first Sim where I really feel differences between driving on marbles, driving on rubberered track, green tracks and so on.

It's competitive and has a very motivating rating system. And it is cheap compared to iracing... I am streaming acc all the time because I want to draw attention to this game because it's full of potential. And I am not even a kunos fan boy... Tbh. I disliked AC a lot. :(

ACC is my dream Sim, though.

warth0g, edcoronag, Romneyb and 4 others like this.
  7. Rudski

Rudski Alien

I suspect many people have signed up to leagues and therefor no real need to do random online races. Practice offline and login once or twice a week to do league races for a couple hours.
    You could have a huge player base and the stats you use wouldn't reflect the above example.

menos | M6, warth0g and Chriss like this.
  8. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Get out of here, wash your mouth out and stand in the corner to reflect on what you have just said.

Zanza21, After_Midnight and Romneyb like this.
  9. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Too specific a humor from England?:confused:

After_Midnight and Thug like this.
  10. Wolf WolfZ

Wolf WolfZ Gamer

Waiting for the real version 1.0 and full field of 2018/2019 Blancpain cars , then I will load it up again.

11. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Congratulations on your purchase 9900k.

Minolin and Jenzen like this.
  12. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

I think you might be forgetting a few things currently being worked on

13. AFAIK driver swaps are a bit buggy, specific rules are missing on the server configuration, mid race saves are missing and the pit crew animations and ai opponents could be improved.

Otherwise I am happy with the game. Car spinning on curbs is going to be fixed with the new tire model that is coming soon and besides that we have everything we could wish.

Nice tire model, soon 5 point tire model, visual marbles that have a real effect. Race weekend simulation online and offline so if it rains between qualy and race you may find a green track without rubber and marbles. Nice graphics engine, nice day night transitions, 24h races, driver swaps, different and realistic weather, top of the notch rating system, affordable servers, nice physics, motec data, good setup screens, ecu maps for different race situations, proper tire damage such as grain, flat spots, blistering, overheating wet tires that really overheat unlike other Sims, just laser scanned tracks, detailed cars, proper simulated abs and tc, real Blancpain rules, rain with puddles, functional headlights, indicators, flash lights, wipers large enough grids for online servers, very nice car feel, nice ffb... And you just pay it once.

14. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

I had a SA of 85, i'm very clean driver, always back off to avoid crashes....

Made 5 races in last 2 weeks; all in high SA servers, i went down to 75SA after being crashed in to over and over again. Let's face it, the SA is not working at all, even at SA restricted over 80 people manage to sneak in after farming SA offline and cause wreckfests. This you were rear ended by car xx and you get penalty too is stupid, as are giving both blame for a contact when a car re-entered the track dangerously...

The situation is even 10000 times worse in case where you are not a fast driver (i'm not) since you qualify mid grid and escaping carnage is harder then winning a lottery without buying the ticket...

Honestly i'm at a loss on what to do, i presume the only way would be joining a serie or closing down SA gaining offline (after all it's only used for Online races!), or start to punish certain behaviour on the only driver causing them not to all involved.

15. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Yeah there are a lot really great new features which I applaud and yes for the price it's potentially a bargain .
    But for many there are some key fundamentals that need addressing for it to be a go-to sim.
    For now I have gone back to AC but remain optimistic.

16. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Yes, sure. I was there when 2 or 3 years ago the 24h Daytona doesn't start on our split.

I know that acc should have the tools for that, but for now it's only a promise, and right now the situation is this.

And anyway, we can forget to have more than 30 cars on track.
    Acc imho is better in many other areas, but online side, iracing is a whole different league.
    In comparison to all the rest, not only acc.

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

17. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

And again you are comparing ACC that was released a couple or months ago, with iRacing that has been in development and constant refinement for how many years? I should not need to say this over and over because it's so obvious.

Of course ACC will never have the player numbers of iRacing, but I can see perfectly possible to have single events organized like you said. In due time. And yes, with more than 30 cars on track.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

18. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

No, i don't compare directly ir to acc. Maybe you misss the starting point.

And i just replied to this.

Then you post this
    And i've replied to you.
    I'm not starting any comparison between ir and acc.

19. Kefuddle

Kefuddle Racer

Agree with the above positive posts. ACC is spectacular compared to something like iRacing. There is little comparison in terms of the quality of the simulation on offer. ACC just needs to get the essential features rolled out and all will be well. Patience!

edcoronag, Romneyb and Jenzen like this.
  20. CWing

CWing Rookie

Maybe they smelt the douche on you for creating troll "dead game" style threads and are avoiding any games you play.