1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Fall of players, what is happening?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pastranario, Jul 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A-Jin

A-Jin Racer

ACC is already the best for me.Don't care about MP.

2. A-Jin

A-Jin Racer

looks like you are the douche here for not being polite. LOL no wonder your thread got locked instantly.

SimGuy_1 and romandevision like this.
  3. dave81983

dave81983 Racer

The issue for me is that there is no structure for multiplayer. It's impossible to know when CP races are starting so unless you have a lot of free time they are useless. There's nothing that tracks wins, starts or any kind of stats to try and improve.

Basically all ACC offers in multiplayer is stand alone non match made multiplayer games with nothing to achieve for the player.

I got bored of that in a month and re subscribed to iracing.

It's a real shame because I think the physics in ACC are hands down the best.

4. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

I lost 10 points last week as well. Was very proud of my 95SA. As hard as it is to not pay attention to it- I'm trying to do just that. The only (practical) point of sa is to join servers at your safety level, and as you said, the server is at my safety level but the drivers on there are mostly not. So I don't see anything else to do at this point other than ignore it and battle it out on any server- Sa or open.

5. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

+1

6. But I do o_O

dave81983 likes this.
  7. plaid

plaid Alien

I think when Games Are released too early Many just don't Stick around, while its often just cause Most Games Arent Supported Long After the Release. Besides with the Content you Limit the appeal for some.
    If People stop it certainly is Effected by seeing Not Many others Play it.

With Multiplayer its maybe pretty good but for a singleplayer Game i would expect the endurance races to work well and the career more interesting and better presented. Otherwise i dont See a Point Buying another Game.
    Besides things like the collosion Physics that were like in ac, the low tolerance when positioning the Car in the pit etc..
    Those Are Small Problems for some but big ones for others.

Would Be Great if all this would Be fixed, but Rating And First impressions remain the Same.

8. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

I don't think that's a problem. Those who are satisfied with the current state of affairs are played. Those who aren't satisfied - they have returned the game or are waiting for everything to be fixed.

Doubt that everyone would be happy if the game hadn't been released yet. I suppose we'll see ACC on Xbox and PS(total full max release :rolleyes:) - next gen. Can you imagine how much to expect?

9. pastranario

pastranario Racer

You don't really have manners, and you shouldn't have a forum, we don't even know if you have your game. To another thing ..... I love ACC and play private league ACC game, the idea of the post is to know what people think of the game and because being an excellent product there are few players.

10. go.neil

go.neil Gamer

Relax OP... I have experienced this low participation in the past in AC and other titles. It's 100% normal. While some people claim hot temperatures, and the same is true here in Asia, there's so many other things going on mid year. Kids out of school for once, 2 months vacation. Need to eat out a lot and find something to do and spend time with them. Factories are busy here in Taiwan. So damn tired everyday with so many deadlines to meet just to keep your keyboards updated with the latest RGB, same with other PC parts and peripherals. Lot's of people rebuilding PCs too specially after some major CPU and GPU releases. Relax! We will come back! If you want high participation, I think DOTA and other MMOS are packed right now. All gaming cafe's around our place are packed with kids! It's vacation! Have fun with them!

chksix likes this.
  11. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Actually you might have a point.
    I have played many games upon release and you find that it’s the same with all of them.
    Take Call Of Duty, Battlefield and Rainbow 6 for instant.
    Upon release lots of people were playing, but mainly team killers, lone wolves and those who had no idea how team play works.
    After a few months the servers got more and more empty making it harder to get a game (which was the problem with their match making facility rather than the game).
    The die hard gamers are still playing regular matches 5 years down the line (Rainbow 6).
    It’s the same with ACC (and probably AC too if I remember) where upon release servers are full, but full of noobs and wreckers.
    As time goes by they disappear and you are left with the real sim racing enthusiast. These are the people who make racing real and fun and more will get on board as things get better.

romandevision and MTv like this.
  12. Metzger

Metzger Racer

I did exactly the same. Even tho iRacing doesn't feel and look so good while driving, races are much more enjoyable and it really motivates you to practice and get better. But once ACC MP improves, and I believe it will, I will certainly leave IR and focus on ACC more.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

13. Chrhun

Chrhun Rookie

I have to admit that I'm in this camp. I'm in no way angry or very disappointed, but I just find the game so unfinished that I'll happily play AC for a while and wait ACC to reach it's full potential.

14. Just waiting for the tyre update...

Adastros, bgil66 and D.Jankovic like this.
  15. GT Me

GT Me Gamer

Theory 2 makes a lot of sense.

I would also imagine that most people who stop playing ACC online are continuing to play it offline.

I may be wrong.

For me, I continue to put in hundreds of hours into ACC since day one of early access but I have never touched online and have no intention of playing it, or any other racing game, online.

I know many other good sim racers who are similar.

As an offline sim player, ACC has a lot of life in it and even more future potential.

Poloman and romandevision like this.
  16. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Think you will see a fair spike after the tyre update. And also a bigger spike again after the 2019 season update, 1.1 I’m guessing

romandevision and Rolz like this.
  17. Arpadian

Arpadian Racer

game got bad for me after 1.0.0.5, the kerbs of death and the high SA servers with many ppl crashing you pulled me back to other games instead of play ACC witch i was considering a great fun

the SA system doesn't work or the codding needs more work, ppl ramming you from behind when you are not to blame and still get you some loss of SA is not fun and kills the mood to keep racing, even on high SA servers like Mr git or ACC Belgium

i think the main problem is the admins leaves all the weight to the SA system to sort the bad drivers, the lack of admins on the servers is terrible bad and by that leads some drivers to drive reckless they don't care because they can farm SA in SP..

gonna wait for the tyre update and see how it progress

18. Rolz

Rolz Alien

tire update will bring ppl back... lets hope some additional features too... Minolin has been tweaking track conditions with weather changes so that sounds interesting... results file needs to be way better for people run a proper league comp... data there is a bit meh atm
    being in game admin sucks so bad in ACC... at least in AC there is a third party app admintools that you could click click ban and permanently ban not just until the server is restarted... If I ban, I want u gone for good.

19. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

Plz, excuse me, I take a few days out of my mancave and travel to Vorarlberg, Spullersee, but now I am back! Didn't expect that it take such an big impact here, I'm really sorry! :) Cya soon on track

Attached Files:

the_token, broadappeal and JanR like this.
  20. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

Online ACC is in danger, and you're having fun in real life(in the summer as well!11). You should be ashamed . :D