1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Fall of players, what is happening?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pastranario, Jul 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Si.

Si. Simracer

I have little trouble with kerbs, you play with a keyboard don’t you, sounds as though it’s harder to recover/save than with a wheel? I can only think of a couple of kerbs that are a consistent problem, one at Spa and one at Brands, I just avoid and then it’s a non issue.

ignission, PLebre, jaxx_za and 3 others like this.
  2. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

I am glad you wrote this, I was thinking the same thing but thought it must just be me who doesn’t have issues with kerbs.

ignission and GrimeyDog like this.
  3. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

I had horrible experiences in most servers even if they were SA 85+... Full of SA farmers and wreckers. In 2 weeks i lost almost 10 SA point racing in 70+SA servers due to people rear ending, crashing out on purpouse etc etc...

Only rooms that were clean are those with host in ready to kick people. Even if they were at 35 SA having a host or admin ready to kick bad apples fixes it all.

In bold again SA SHOULD BE SWITCHED OFF IN SP! It has no effect to career in SP, so one can play even with ZERO SA on SP, but the farming of SA must be blocked ASAP. High level sa servers are filled with people with not even the slightest clue of racing with others.

NO SA GAINS OUTSIDE MULTIPLAYER! SA IS USED ONLY IN MULTI SO WHY GIVE IT FOR PLAYING OFFLINE?

chksix, max_86 and luxxx797 like this.
  4. Rolz

Rolz Alien

yup same here... some cars are more susceptible to curb riding than others...
    this has been brought up time and time again... SA needs to be built also in single player so people can learn some race craft prior to jumping online.

why would ppl farm to then drive like crap online? it makes no sense to me...

we really have no issues with running SA75 servers on our side of the globe... all the drivers are good, I've even jumped on a few of the Euro ones and have had no issues... generally I'm of the opinion those that always moan about being in incidents aren't very good about spacial awareness... if u see someone coming up in your rearview and u can tell they are tying a dive-bomb why put ur car there? It'll end up in tears... 90% they are too hot and will overshoot or u get them back on the cut back... unless u are slow begin with and just don't want to let a faster guy through...
    if you keep getting nailed in T1 and ur mid pack, be more proactive, stay to the outside let the divebombers collect other drivers and then work your way though the pack... to many ppl still think races are won at T1...
    most races here are now 15-20min, plenty of time to recover positions...

I certainly want to win every race I take part in, but I'm also realistic of my abilities that there are ppl way faster than me... so I just enjoy the battles, strategies and potential mind games u can play with ur opponents...
    the mirror and especially helicorsa are great use them. :)

Ace Pumpkin, Kopiller, cooknn and 6 others like this.
  5. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

This......anticipating and avoiding incidents is just as much part of being a safe driver as not causing them in the first place.....

Ace Pumpkin and GroteBakkes like this.
  6. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

Do you guys really think getting a 70SA in sp on low difficulty is proof that a driver is as safe as someone who got his 70 in mp against reckless am's and cutthroat pro's? I know for a fact I can rack up SA in sp faster and easier than in mp.

7. Rolz

Rolz Alien

My 2c, if you're improving your rating in SP on low AI settings then you are doing yourself a disservice... I've never tried it... my AI was always in the 90/90's but my rating has been pretty stable for a while so I haven't had to go back to level up...

Personally I think SA70 is still too low for MP hosted servers, we've found SA75 (for some reason) brings a better driver to the table... there seems to be some random line in the sand there where someone starts to recognise the effort involved in achieving their rating and starts to become more cautious in their driving to make sure it's not impacted...

I still think unrated servers should allow max 5 ppl... 10 is too generous and doesn't get people to look at improving their ratings...

But again, we need in game videos on how to improve as most newbies would have NFI what thats all about

8. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

I'm sure I've read that SA gain is proportionate to AI strength. So you will gain ratings faster racing faster AI. To add to this it's a lot easier to race closely with AI at your level/pace than slower AI so players looking to grow their ratings in SP are better off racing harder AI.

Also a driver getting 70SA in SP on low difficulty will still be a better driver than someone who hasn't done any driving practise/experience. It's hilarious when I see a youtube video or a post where someone complains about having to get track medals before getting into a server. Do we really want someone who hasn't successfully completed 4 clean laps in a row on the track with us?

All in all it's not a perfect system as so many people still populate unrestricted servers, but when utilised in the way the devs intend it does make good sense to reward drivers for training/practising with AI.

9. Arpadian

Arpadian Racer

it doesnt happen to me because i use mouse steering, it also happens to ppl who use high end Wheels and cockpit setups, even the aliens like Miua, Ratz and others have the same problem and they are using wheel

in any case mouse steering could recover better the car since i can swing faster from left to right or vice versa but some times is impossible since you felt like the kerb grab the wheel and make the car slingshot to the wall or the grass

10. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

I can't wait until the new "tire modle" is introduced.

From that point on, I won't have to see "the curbs of death" in print here,... ever again.

But hey, maybe some one will come up with another excuse for poor driving.

Will the new "tire model" be an improvement, most likely it will, but then again, if nobody ever goes off because they screwed up while on a curb again, then not really an improvement, is it.

I really don't care what the response here are, but my spinning off while on a curb, has been too much throttle, too much lock, or riding on the outside of a sharp drop off curb edge.

Have fun, I can take it.

Ace Pumpkin, Thug and sps_for_race like this.
  11. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

As far as I know- Nobody has actually died. But if I were Kunos I'd go ahead and push that update asap.

12. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

I'd like servers to use TO as a requirement instead of SA, or a combination of the two. It's a better indication of one's overall skill level. At about 9300 TO you pretty much have it together.

david m likes this.
  13. Rolz

Rolz Alien

Might as well have SA85+ with TO that high :D

14. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I see this thread has taken a turn... SA again...

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/rating-sistem-sa-and-rc.59002
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/rating-loss-during-sp-races-sa-cc-cn.58843/
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/tips-tricks-to-gain-safety-rating-sa.58771/
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/sa-dropped-due-history-data-loss.58698/
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/no-rc-and-sa-grow.58548/
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/safety-rating-not-good-enough-anymore.58216/
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/safety-rating-declining.58128/
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/how-did-you-get-your-sa.57001/
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/my-sa-is-not-the-same-that-the-mp-uses.56693/
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/sa-rating-dropped-down-massively.54316/

Sorry matey I can't agree. Due to my location and playing times I mainly race SP (85% SP / 15% MP). I don't farm period, and the recent changes to SP SA has made it very difficult to gain any SA as one little tap will loose you a point which may take 1 hour or so of many green SA laps to recover. It's actually more difficult than MP in some respects and teaches you more discipline when racing hard against the Ai due to harshness of the penalty system. In fact if I was into farming I could start last in a MP race, avoid the T1 BS and sit on the back of a slower driver and get roughly 1 point per lap. For all my SP effort should I not be rewarded even if it is just a little bit so I can join higher rated MP servers? I think so...

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  15. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

Op asked- "What is happening?";) We're hijacking his thread.

16. Captain Barracuda

We may as well talk about all of the done to death topics in one thread o_O

Coanda, romandevision and Rolz like this.
  17. Coanda

Coanda Alien

yeah, wait for it... matchmaking will pop up next :p:D

Dookie, ignission, jaxx_za and 2 others like this.
  18. What do you think about this:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...with-racing-idiots.59176/page-12#post-1078894

You should be banned. Lifetime. Immediately.

19. Captain Barracuda

I purposely deleted the MM word from my last post and you just let that cat back out of the bag :eek:

Coanda and sps_for_race like this.
  20. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

If SA farming becomes such a problem that the level of quality racing in public lobbies is brought down to an extent that a lot of people are complaining about it (which seems to currently be the case), there's only 1 true solution; separate SA rating for online and offline racing. <--- Yep, I said it.

Karsten Beoulve likes this.