1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Fanatec Clubsport Pedal v3 are noisy?

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by shrubber, Sep 27, 2017.

1. shrubber

shrubber Rookie

At this moment i have a G27.
    The pedals are very noisy until u put some spacers under the pedals (the main problem is when u release the pedals).
    I would like to change my configuration and use my new wheel even with XBOX.
    The cheapest way is to buy a G29. Do you know if its pedals have the same problem?

and after that the main question is: the Clubsport V3 are noisy when un push and when u release the pedal?

Thank you in advance

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Rumble Feature on ClubSport V3 Pedals (Fanatec) Oct 18, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec ClubSport V2.5 Wheelbase Jul 21, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec Clubsport Pedals - Brake Settings (Damping Unit) Apr 25, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions Fanatec Clubsport pedals V3 vs. CSR Elite Inverted - worthwhile upgrade? Mar 16, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec Clubsport V2 Steering Angle Nov 19, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Problems with Fanatec ClubSport V3 - ACC su PS4 Jun 24, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Problemi Fanatec ClubSport V3 - ACC su PS4 Jun 24, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec Clubsport v3 brake pedal too easy to fully depress Apr 1, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec DD1 & ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2019 - mph? Jun 24, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec Clubsport Pedal V3 rumble motors Apr 26, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec Clubsport V2.5 Button Numbering Mar 20, 2019
    Steering wheels discussions Fanatec Clubsport V3 configuration Jan 11, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec Clubsport F1 V2 Rim / FlagLEDs Jan 4, 2019
    Chit Chat Room How to increase Fanatec ClubSport base v2 motor strength? Jan 1, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Fanatec clubsport v3 inverted - pedals Oct 18, 2017

3. TDS

TDS Alien

g29 is almost the same as g27 pedals so yeah probly it will be noisy.

clubsport v3's are very dumped, eventually it develops squeaqs but it come with a little bottle of a professional grease, i ussualy only have to grease it every 6 months. other than that very silent pedals.

4. shrubber

shrubber Rookie

Do you think that the price difference between these configuration is worth the money?

config1.jpg config2.jpg

5. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

By a tube of the cheapest vaseline you can find at super market. Put it on the rods - look at the manual - and throw the tube away. Did that once and the only thing I do on my pedals (quite often) is taking the dust out.

6. TDS

TDS Alien

another point is g27 motors are VERY noisy, claking clankit bang pow.
    csw v2 and i guess v2.5 motors is also amazingly quiet and smooth.

7. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

You sure you're describing the G27 and not the G25/DFGT?

The G27 wrt to those two is pretty smooth. Surely, not at fanatec level but when the vents on the cswv2 start working is not so silent. Louder than my PC really but wrt to the insides, yes, miles apart in smoothness and noise

8. TDS

TDS Alien

yep i confirm on the vent part.. louder than my pc too, but is a constant low noise not bad for anyone trying to sleep next room.

g27 on the other hand is crazy banging noises.

9. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

I used my g27 (still here but not mine anymore :D) and my rig is in my room. Now when I had the DFGT... Let's say I'm lucky :D :D

But wrt to noises on the g27 is more over kerbs (it rattles) but if I keep it on the tarmac it's ok and far from clunks or banging noises.

And I though this one was abused :D

10. shrubber

shrubber Rookie

i always use headphone so this is not a problem for me. The problem are the neighbor. The noise like metal sound of impact (like pedals that return to default position) are the problem. The G27 need to make some modification to become quite.
    If the Fanatec are quite silent is already good

11. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

@shrubber
    One of those gym/yoga mats under the rig makes wonders ;)

Two if you find them too thin. Mine is 1cm thick but there are specific mats for this to put under washing machines a.e. that surely solve that. I had the same issue ;)

12. shrubber

shrubber Rookie

yes i have already solved the problem with G27, but now i want to upgrade to V3 Pedals and i would like to know if they are quite without trick ;)

13. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

Like I said, if the rods start grinding, use vaseline once and that's it. But they obviously don't when new. I just preempted this because the cspv2 did grind frequently and no wd40 or silicone based stuff worked. Vaseline though. I only dust the pedals since day one :)

Not sure if enough its a nuisance for you but if anything, I think that only the pedal coming back (the throttle) if you leave it very quickly (or if you let the foot slip when using socks - you wont on a v3 though :) )

Not sure you can put that completely silent. Then again I do use the much harder spring...

You can try to put a piece of cloth there or velcro since you can adjust (and I recommend) the min/max thresholds on every pedal.

I don't have any issues with clutch or brake "noises"

shrubber likes this.
  14. shrubber

shrubber Rookie

Thank you! I think u have answered to all my doubt!

15. Rudski

Rudski Alien

I'm not sure if Vaseline would attract more dirt and other crap over time but 3 in 1 oil lubricant should be a safer option.

16. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

Yes, very much so.
    Upon releasing any pedal, it will return to its resting position with a very loud and annoying metallic sound, when the metal pedal arm thunks onto the metal counter bracket.
    I took apart the pedals, and filed away 1.5mm of the bottom end of the all pedal arms, and put some hard rubber underlay onto the counter bracket.
    This way the pedals can be operated without them making any noise at all.
    While I did this for all three pedals arms, it is only really neccessary on the clutch.
    V3's are very good pedals for the price, but every now and then need some lube, else they start squeaking.

17. Skybird

Skybird Alien

You mean the CSPv3 pedals, I assume. I use them.

No noise at all during movement. Juist the stopping sound described above. But it is not loud. But they have spinner motors on brake and gas pedal, so if you activate them with Fanaleds, their spinning will cause a minor humming sound, and a relaxing gentle foot massage. After all, they are electric mini-motors that spin a mass, right? :)

Updating from G27 pedals to these ones, will have a positive effect on your driving. More than switching wheels. Especially the brake'S load cell makes all the difference. - I have had G27 before my current Fanatec setup.