1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Fanatec CSL Elite vs. Fanatec CSL Elite

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by xthenewkid, Sep 11, 2017.

1. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

It's the one that says that less torque means slower acceleration

2. hristo1026

hristo1026 Racer

Ok,but more gears means low speed.CSW is dual belt drive,CSL is single belt drive.Both weel have identical power supply and motor.
    This is DFGT.The wheel from the left is stock(dual gear drive),the wheel from the right is modified to be a single gear drive,everything else is stock including the motor and supply:

3. hristo1026

hristo1026 Racer

I forgot to clarify:the modified DFGT which is single gear drive has less torque in comparison to the stock DFGT.

4. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

Well, the thing is that Fanatec wheels are not limited by the motor speed being reduced by the gear ratio. They seem to curb the max rotation speed (200 RPM for CSW) for safety reasons (you don't want your fingers or thumbs broken by a wheel that goes around at 1000 RPM) and I believe Fanatec would do the same for CSL.
    On weaker wheels like DFGT the motor is the limiting factor and reducing gear ratio will give you faster speeds but lower stall torque (this one is important as that's what you feel as the wheel resistance) and slower initial acceleration - if you look at your video you will see that the original DFGT gets to it working RPMs almost instantly while the modified one takes some time to speed up. They guy who did that mod did it mostly for drift (he wrote there about improvements when drifting) where you don't really need precise FFB you just want the wheel to rotate faster. I think for normal road racing the modified wheel would work worse than the original.

5. Skybird

Skybird Alien

How?

The wheel (CLS Elite PS4) does not even get recognised by Fanaleds currently.

6. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Ah, I was speaking of the CSW V2 and I guess I just presumed they would be the same. On the V2 you can set Fanaleds so it only shows the gear indicator. Apologies for any confusion.

7. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Ah, servants - bring in the barrel with the tar, and bags with feathers! :D

BrandonW77 likes this.