1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Fanatec CSW 2.5 Oscillating on straights and "Notchy" at centre of steering

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by d1s1nformat1on, Jun 24, 2020.

1. aaaape

aaaape Racer

Wth is the firmware updater closed. Did it have both motor firmware and wheelbase firmware?

2. The Driver package was all that installed - after that, I couldn't access the software at all. I ran the installer again and clicked "repair" and now they're recognized and firware is now up to date.

About to test if I still have oscillation or not - will report back soon

aaaape likes this.
  3. Oscillation and Notchy feel is still there :(

4. aaaape

aaaape Racer

That's messed up. Have you tried drift mode at 0 and leave damper spring and everything else at default? Lower in game gain to 60-70

5. Here's the kicker - installing the new driver package and firmware resets all the settings to default, so technically, yes, I've tried that

6. aaaape

aaaape Racer

Really odd. Sorry I couldn't help. I'll check back if I think of anything else.

7. That's ok - really appreciate you trying to help though

I may have found an issue in the the FFB post Processing.ini file is telling the game to look for a LUT table that was installed when I had a logitech wheel setup. I've removed the LUT table from the folder and undone the changes in the .ini file and running a game verify on steam - it *might* help and can't hurt to try

aaaape likes this.
  8. aaaape

aaaape Racer

Oh snap. Hope that's it. Could even try deleting the control settings all together so you can start fresh. The game will create new default files

9. Yeah, tried that, but even deleting the LUT file, the controls.ini and the ff_post_processing.ini file, it brought the LUT file back and still does it... Back to the drawing board hahaha

10. Got the following advice from Someone at Fanatec -

"I suggest going to back to v346, and don't use FanaLab or any other software. This is the driver version that the support team often suggests to customers when troubleshooting. Ensure that you install both the base and motor firmware after installing this driver.

If it's still behaving strangely, it's probably worth re-installing the games."

I did both, so I don't know which one helped in this case, but it got rid of my issues entirely. I did have a heaps of mods for AC that I had collected over time, but they were all throw away, single use ones, so I'm not stressed about having to find the good ones again.