1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties.
    Dismiss Notice

Fanatec McLaren GT3 rotary dial support?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by J4yR3yn0ld5, Oct 13, 2018.

1. J4yR3yn0ld5

J4yR3yn0ld5 Rookie

Does ACC not support the use of the rotary dials on the Fanatec McLaren GT3 wheel at present? If I select the preset for the wheel in control options, the TCS/ABS are unassigned and cannot be manually assigned to the dials properly, or am I doing something wrong? Is this going to come in a later build? I’m using the latest drivers and firmware for both the base and wheel.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Unable to Change Bindings Fanatec CSW v2 McLaren GT3 Rim and CSP v3 Pedals Oct 11, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues mclaren gt3 fanatec - TC & ABS Apr 24, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Fanatec csw v2 McLaren 650 GT3 settings Feb 24, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Fanatec CSL Elite LC throttle & clutch swap? Thursday at 6:47 PM
    ACC Controls & Peripherals ACC Fanatec Club Sport v3 Pedal Issues Wednesday at 8:35 PM
    ACC Troubleshooting No FFB for Fanatec CSL Elite Oct 14, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Newbie wondering if fanatec wheel is supported Oct 13, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Latest Fanatec drivers support old wheel and why I still buy Fanatec Oct 12, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Latest Fanatec drivers support old wheel and why I still buy Fanatec Oct 12, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec GT3 wheel rotation issue Oct 11, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec 918 RSR wheel profile not working Oct 11, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Fanatec CSP V3 no input Oct 10, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Can't adjust brake range enough Fanatec V3 Oct 4, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals How to assign Bluetooth Fanatec button box Sep 27, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec Porsche GT2 wheel not working at all Sep 21, 2018

3. elchshooter

elchshooter Simracer

It's working great, only thing is, that the first abs/tc setting is the one from the used setup. Once you use the rotary dials it's the dialed abs/tc level. So start a session, use the rotary switches to dial setting and it works

Stains and J4yR3yn0ld5 like this.
  4. J4yR3yn0ld5

J4yR3yn0ld5 Rookie

Thanks, I’m such an idiot! I was rotating them and not seeing any movement, then seeing the numbers jump around and assuming it wasn’t working properly. It just takes a split second to catch up to the rotation. Thanks again @elchshooter

elchshooter likes this.
  5. mkotechno

mkotechno Racer

6. Gopher04

Gopher04 Gamer

The only thing I'm finding is that no matter what way you configure theses two rotary's the TC always ends up on the left one and ABS on the right one, really wanted this the other way round.

7. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

I set TC and BB to those red switches (up, down) but none seems to work. Any clue why?

8. Arlo

Arlo Rookie

maybe because the red buttons are assigned to engine mapping and the window wiper.

9. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

Will check it out, but I think they are not, I deleted all pre-assigned, before setting new.

10. Arlo

Arlo Rookie

@Mitja Bonca

Oh i see. I run the default gt3 setup. Then those are for engine and window wiper.

11. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

TC seem to work, BB not. Same as not Lookback button.

12. Gopher04

Gopher04 Gamer

Yeh I don't think there is a look back working in cockpit view for now, BB works as long as it is on a rotary button.

13. J4yR3yn0ld5

J4yR3yn0ld5 Rookie

The MPS seem to be locked to TC and ABS because even if I change them to be the other way around they don’t change. But you can assign them to the red switches too, because that was my workaround when I thought the MPS didn’t work. I kept bias on the funkyswitch rotary encoder. I’ve kept look-back assigned but for the moment it doesn’t actually work.

14. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

The McLaren GT3 rim is supported but it is still WIP in terms of UI, so if you need extra or different functionality from what we give you with the preset, then you will need to manually edit the "documents/assetto corsa competizione/config/controls.json" file.
    Here's how.
    1. Backup your current "documents/assetto corsa competizione/config/controls.json". Just copy and rename it to something logical so that you can go back if you mess up.
    2. Go to the ACC options -> controls screen
    3. from the PRESES LIST select the McLaren GT3 preset
    4. back and exit

Now, open the "documents/assetto corsa competizione/config/controls.json" with a text editor.
    - Search for "SetTC1"
    You will find something like this:
    Code:
                        "buttonIndex": 36,
                        "powIndex": -1,
                        "powValue": 0,
                        "instantActionCode": "None",
                        "bIsExtendedAction": true,
                        "extendedActionCode": "SetTC1",
                        "extendedTime": 1,
                        "pinkieInstanceActionCode": "None",
                        "pinkieExtendedActionCode": "None"

You will see that after that, a "buttonIndex": 37, follows with "SetTC1".
    So what is happening is that each rotary command, is a different button.
    In my configuration (and it should be identical to others) the left rotary goes from buttonIndex 36 to 47 and it is set from the preset as TC (SetTC1,2,3...etc)
    The right rotary goes from buttonIndex 48 to 59 and again in the preset is set to ABS (SetABS1,2,3,... etc)
    You can obviously invert the settings so that you have ABS to the left and TC to the right if this suits you.

Hope that helps, until we implement a proper way in the GUI.

Stains, Typer and Gopher04 like this.
  15. Gopher04

Gopher04 Gamer

Thanks for this..;)
    But how do you invert the buttons? it doesn't appear when you try to map a button..

16. Stains

Stains Racer

Love that ACC is the only sim that has these switches working !
    Lovin ACC !
    Just wish i knew what was best to lower FFB , not that i think its too strong but its making my wheel fans really spin up ! I have on wheel at 100 as in all sims and gain in game at 100 also . Which one is best to lower the load on my CSWv2 motor without increasing deadzone ?