1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Fastest Hotlap Conditions?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by VtViper, Dec 14, 2018.

1. VtViper

VtViper Rookie

What is the best way to try to reach a personal lap record?

Is using the hotlap mode the best way to achieve your fastest lap record? I wonder, because doesn't it reset the tire temp and road rubber after every lap?

Furthermore, I assume that clear weather is the fastest, but does time of day play a role?

Finally, how much does fuel impact your times? Either you can't change your fuel in hotlap mode, or my game is glitching and not letting me click on the option in VR, but it doesn't work for me. With default fuel I was stuck around 2:00 on Nurburgring and wondering how people are getting such fast times, until I noticed some people had low fuel warnings on in their cockpits. hmm

Any tips would be appreciated guys.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Fastest Hotlap ghost not always loading May 20, 2014
    ACC User Interface Fastest lap info in race? Jun 6, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Come and Join the Fastest Growing Sim Racing Community May 24, 2019
    Online Leagues / Championships room Come and Join the Fastest Growing Sim Racing Community May 24, 2019
    ACC User Interface Getting 'Fastest Session Lap' messages for laps I didn't drive Feb 3, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Wrong "fastest lap" announcement during MP race Jan 8, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Who is the fastest driver in AC? Nov 16, 2018
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Circuit Paul Ricard fastest laptime on alpha 3 is 1:30 - seems unreasonable Nov 15, 2018
    ACC User Interface Please highlight the fastest sector times and... Oct 20, 2018
    Suggestions Show track overlay on fastest/last-lap page May 27, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Fastest lap on outlap at Spa with Audi R18 etron quattro LMP1 May 27, 2017
    Chit Chat Room McLaren and Logitech G team up for the World's Fastest Gamer competition May 5, 2017
    Chit Chat Room AMG GT R - fastest sport auto NOS-lap so far Dec 8, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Fastest lap not being recorded Dec 3, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Post race results screen doesn't show results when new fastest lap Nov 7, 2016

3. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Hotlap mode will reset tyre wear to 0 and tyre temps to the optimum values at the end of each lap, road grip is always at 100%. You can't set the fuel load because it's fixed at 10 liters to make it more realistic, previously everyone was using just 1 liter with consumption off, which is probably what you see on those videos, but those 10 liters definitely won't add much more than one or two tenths to your time.
    The best weather conditions will be the ones that allow your tyres to work at the optimum temperature range.

But if you're stuck at 2:00 at Nurburgring you should focus on your driving rather than track conditions.

VtViper and sherpa25 like this.
  4. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

what poguinhas said before - you do your best, fight, improve, struggle and then, after the best lap in motorsports history you realize that the aliens are x seconds faster (happens to me more than a year ago at spa - alien was 8s faster and i KNEW that he was cheating!!!)
    but, they dont cheat, they are so fast. its crazy but thats what it is! o_O

This videos helped me a lot. :)

5. VtViper

VtViper Rookie

Thanks guys!