1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties.
    Dismiss Notice

Fatal Errors - where is the patch?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Axel Vogelsang, Oct 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. I was really convinced that there will be a patch today to remove the frequent errors.
    I am not able to do 20 laps without a breakdown of the system.:(
    Last month KS was very quick with the first patch just one day after initial release.;)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal Errors Today at 4:13 AM
    ACC Troubleshooting Today had several UE4 Fatal errors Nov 15, 2018
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal Error during Sprint Weekend Yesterday at 9:41 PM
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal Error UE4- Crash to desktop when connect to multiplayer server Yesterday at 7:01 PM
    ACC Troubleshooting AC2 Fatal Error Yesterday at 5:32 PM
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error before race start in MP Yesterday at 2:41 PM
    ACC Troubleshooting Many Fatal Error Yesterday at 1:38 PM
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error after quitting multiplayer session Yesterday at 10:03 AM
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal Error MP Yesterday at 5:47 AM
    ACC Multiplayer Fatal error exiting multiplayer Saturday at 6:33 PM
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error in single player Saturday at 1:40 AM
    ACC Troubleshooting Multiplayer Fatal Error V0.4.1, ACC Official Server, Logs attached Saturday at 12:39 AM
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Multiplayer Fatal Error V0.4.1, ACC Official Server, Logs attached Saturday at 12:34 AM
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal Error, Multiplayer, Race Friday at 5:49 PM
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal Error after 10 mins MP Friday at 2:43 PM

3. Patience... Fixing issues in non-trivial codebases takes time. Especially if re-creation is also time consuming.

For context I run a large software team. In our world which I imagine isn't too dissimilar from Kunos...Generally speaking (unless you're lucky enough that a log/crash report tells you enough to know where the issue is) we have to get a developer(s) to the point of recreating it on their machine to see exactly where in the code it died [so imagine if some of the reports are happening only after x amount of laps are completed ... that could be in your case 30-40mins of playing until it goes boom], isolate it, fix it, then test that specific issue [maybe a few repeated runs of an hour to make sure it's truly solved], build it, then regression test the software, then release.. assuming of course you can easily recreate the error, and you don't have weird environmental factors (eg windows versions, driver issues) impacting the error.

The find, fix, build, test issue, regression test application, then release cycle can get pretty lengthy. Don't forget the other patches they might have had items well already underway before their release day.

aotto1977, Typer and pons like this.
  4. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

Maybe this error is not so easy/quickly to fix as others.

5. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

Edit: doublepost, pls delete.

6. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Did you report the problem on the correct forum section? Uploaling the log file?
    Guess the developer will look first for issues that are effecting the larger amount of people .

7. You're right! I know the rules of finding, fixing, testing etc. as well. I was just a bit spoiled caused by the extreme quick fixes in the first release.
    No offense meant!

8. Of course I did.

9. iggor

iggor Rookie

they will fix..all good