1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite car in ACC?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by warth0g, Feb 10, 2019.

?

Favorite car in ACC? Not quickest, just all round favorite....

1. Lamborghini Huracan

28 vote(s)
    20.3%
  2. Bentley Continental

9 vote(s)
    6.5%
  3. BMW M6

30 vote(s)
    21.7%
  4. Jaguar

21 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Ferrari 488

50 vote(s)
    36.2%
  1. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Hardcore Simmer

The 488 may be more compliant with kerbs than the Lambo, but I find the 488 to be the more challenging car to push hard.
    The 488 seems to be the car with a more restricted performance and it must be driven more on the limit than the Lambo. The gears either seem to be to short or to long for several corners, which lead to depend more on the chassis and suspension as the power can't do much to help in that regard, compared to the Lambo, which seem to always have a reserve of power for those situation where some power can be helpful.
    The greatness of the 488 is how compliant the car is to direction changes, kerbs and how it replies to the driver, but the lack of "engine" is quite noticeable.
    If a line is lost, the engine doesn't help to regain a single tenth, if the braking point is wrong, the power available is either to low (higher gear) or not available at all (lower gear) to minimize the mistake, if the gear used for a particular corner is wrong the time lost can be more than a tenth on that single corner.
    The Lambo engine continues to still have some punch after the "red line", but the 488 engine doesn't do much near the rev limiter and, if crossed, the limiter quick in and the power just stays flat.
    I just wonder what the 488 would be like if it where available to rev more freely than it's allowed.

2. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

So far, 488 for the sound, looks and handling. I doubt it will change even after full release, although who knows

3. trutya

trutya Racer

for me, all in all maybe the Lambo. it's a beast but if you make the setup and your driving right it's very entertaining to drive.
    also those lots of wheel corrections, what i can see in the onboard videos, are also working in driving style :) only thing i miss, is the weird "ringing" noise under braking/downshifting, it was in an earlier build but it disappeared. i hope it will be back, it's a very peculiar noise in Audis and Lambos

Jag is a very close 2nd due to its look and sound

amongst the GT3 cars my favs are AMG and Porsche, but i'd like to test the Nissan, Lexus, Aston too... i'm sure the list will change.

4. It is very much dependent of the track but I pick BMW for overall best driving pleasure.

5. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Funnily enough I only did a handful of laps in the Bentley and in the BMW (sorry, they may be amazing but they're biiig!) so I can choose between the Ferrari, the Lambo and the Jag. When I want to go fast I pick the Lambo, it feels light and the rear is so stable, I can do with a bit of understeer.
    If I may add a track preference, my favorite track is Zolder, I like chicanes :D .

6. warth0g

warth0g Racer

Interesting how diverse the choices are. I think it’s testament to what a good job Kunos have done with these cars. The Ferrari is perhaps unsurprisingly on top by a clear margin and the Bentley, unsurprisingly again, comes out last. But there are other strong contenders too. The Lambo and the BMW have a lot of fans and there’s like be for the Jag too, I’m glad to see.

I’m fascinated to see whAt the new cars bring to the table, and how different they can be to drive!

D.Jankovic likes this.
  7. 1. At first I hated the Bentley, but forcing myself to put a lot of laps in, it slowly became alive. Its not the fastest for sure, but currently enjoy the most.
    2. 488, nimble but the lack of power makes it bit boring and frustrating when overtaking.
    3. Bmw, stable and fast. But if feel that under braking its not stopping and need to adjust braking point

Son likes this.
  8. nolive72

nolive72 Gamer

Lambo fan here.
    not only of the car in the game but the brand in general.
    Had the chance to visit their factory in Italy a few times since I was working for one of their engine component suppliers. the Countach and its dramatic design:) (thanks to Bertone genius and the Lancia Stratos heritage), as well as engine architecture and sound:cool:, had hooked me to the brand and been faithful ever since

Son, Luis Branco and D.Jankovic like this.
  9. Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari Racer

The BMW is growing on me but i'm not making any decisions until I try all the cars in full release.

A quick question. Is there a way to show FPS in game?

10. Yes, there is an option somewhere. I'm not on my PC right now so I can't tell you, where exactly.

11. baakstaff

baakstaff Gamer

To show FPS, go to My Documents > Assetto Corsa Competizione > Config

Open the hud.json file, and change "fPSVisible" (Yes, the F is lower case and it really bothers me) value to 1, save and you're good to go

12. Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari Racer

Very good. Thanks.