1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Favourite GT3 Cars?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by iannixxenakis, Jun 16, 2017.

1. iannixxenakis

iannixxenakis Hardcore Simmer

I've been learning the Nordschleife this week and for the past couple of nights I've been trying out the GT3 cars.

Not tried all of them properly yet but got few reasonable lap times (after many crashes) with the Z4, the GTR and the MP4-12C.

Fastest with the Z4, about 6:53 I think (it's on RSR, GyorgiLigeti), and slowest with the MP4-12C (7:02).

Even though I'm slowest with it I think the McLaren is my favourite so far. It's not easy to drive (for me anyway) compared to the GTR or Z4 but feels lighter and more exciting somehow.

It's more rewarding when you get it right too.

Any personal favourites or recommendations for GT3 cars on the Nordschleife? (Or any other favourite GT3 and track combos?)

And what about setups for the Nordschleife?

I just reduce the fuel to about 17l for one hot lap, choose soft tyres and sometimes make the gears slightly longer and increase downforce a bit, not adjusted anything else.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC User Interface [Feature Request] Favourite Multiplayer Server Sep 1, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Favourite & Worst track Jul 24, 2020
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #143 - Ur favourite? Aug 25, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Favourite server pattern Aug 24, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Poll: Favourite Track? Aug 18, 2019
    ACC User Interface Multiplayer private server save option / favourite server May 31, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Poll on favourite cars. May 10, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Easily my favourite FFB experience ever May 9, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Blancpain GT Series favourites target glory Down Under Feb 8, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Favourites being deleted Jun 29, 2018
    Suggestions Remember favourite setups Jul 4, 2017
    News and Announcements Vote your favourite car for the upcoming Ferrari 70th Anniversary pack! Jun 23, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Favourite North American Circuit Apr 26, 2017
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Losing favourites Apr 14, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game stuck on Populating Favourites Mar 1, 2017

3. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

For me it´s the Porsche 911 GT3R, I just like driving it. Might be faster with the new R8 LMS, which is also easier to drive in my opinion, but after all I´m doing it for the fun of it.

Before the Porsche I mainly used the Z4, which I also like a lot and the AMG GT3, which isn´t too bad either.

The 911 is the one I mainly painted, and while I only did one Nordschleife paint so far (Falken, VLN 2016), I drive it a lot in general, for example in my GT Masters Championship (For which I´ve also done skins).

iannixxenakis and TheReaper GT like this.
  4. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Racer

In real life, the Bentley Continental GT3, on Assetto Corsa in general, 488 GT3 and 911 GT3.R. Around nords, Nissan GTR GT3, such a beast. :D

iannixxenakis likes this.
  5. McGregor

McGregor Gamer

The profile pic probably gives it away but I'm in love with the AMG GT3. The look, the sound, unreal.

I usually try to avoid adding any downforce (I usually lower it from factory) and focus more on mechanical grip. I'm not an ace on setting up cars in Assetto corsa but I've slowly dialed in some setups that really work for me. It definitely pays to make really small tweaks and put a lot of laps down to figure things out. I was very guilty of just downloading other people's hotlap settings and it really ended up being frustrating to suddenly find yourself in a car that felt completely foreign. After a lot of experimentation I feel like I have a loose handle on making the car work better for me.

Edit: I'd love to see some Astons in AC!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    chksix and iannixxenakis like this.
  6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

All of them, really. They all drive slightly different, are all interesting to drive, have all some positives and negatives, are all more or less complicated to set-up and setups are always trade-offs. I try to get better with all of them.

7. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Probably the 650GT3 as I find its the most responsive if not a bit twitchy (which I also like but they are all awesome as they all have their unique characteristics. One I actually have never got on with is the GTR, love the Nismo but the GT3 car has just never worked for me

8. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I really like how Nissan and the Mclarens drive. :)

edit: BMW is nice too.

9. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Haha, those two are like the exact opposite in their handling characteristics

10. iannixxenakis

Agree about wanting some Astons and Bentleys, both big omissions for GT racing (I guess the licenses are difficult and/or expensive to sort out).

I don't think I've tried the 911 GT3s, just used the RSR so far.

I'll give the 911 a try later.

Not had a proper go with the Lambo GT3 round Nords either.

I really need to improve my driving in the third sector with all cars too. I'm losing the most time there I think.

11. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

The 488 is probably one of the more challenging, that and the McLaren. The 488 though is just a bag of understeer and oversteer, it requires a good setup and patient driver to get it to behave and be fast. I hated it initally, however I found a good general setup and now the car is transformed. Great stuff.

12. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I used to drive Z4GT3 and MP4-12C GT3 a lot, but since the 911 GT3R is available I've been driving it almost exclusively and have become quite comfortable with it. However now I realize that I can't drive most other GT2/GT3 cars without spinning! AMG GT GT3, 488 GT3, 650s GT3, and the C7R all feel so hard to drive! Really can't figure out why... any tips?

13. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Speaking on feeling side, my favourite is the SGC P4/5.

I could drive it again and again and again, even if it's not the fastest.

14. Strelok

Strelok Rookie

I'd love to like them all, but my skills don't allow me to, for now. The 2016 Audi fits me the best on the Nords, i found 20secs on the Nords Endurance with it,
    on other tracks, eg Brands Hatch or Mugello, i prefer the 650gt3 - i really like the initial turn in - but i require a high rear wing setting (...skill...)
    Used to drive the Lambo a lot, but for me it has changed since an earlier update, too understeery for my taste. But i guess once i get deeper into setups, i'll be able to fix that.

Eagerly awaiting the M6 GT3 (Kunos?!?!?!?)

15. iannixxenakis

I just a quick go with the 911GT3 but kept losing it coming up the hill after the foxhole (the first left turn as you go over the kerb, lost traction and span, many times).

I'll try again with it, maybe softer suspension would help?

I had another go in the Lambo just now. I tried it a few days ago when I didn't know the track and got a pretty rubbish 7:40ish.

I just got a reasonable lap in, a few sticky bits, and got a 6:52 which is my fastest Gt3 time on Nords so far.

Didn't feel faster though and the car was a handful, felt like the back end kept wanting to slide out.

Interesting result.

Re the Audi R8 LMS, is that a GT3 car or a Le Mans car? (Is there a real difference?)

16. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

The Audi R8 LMS/LMS Ultra are GT3-class race cars. GTE would be the class used at Le Mans/in WEC/in IMSA (called GTLM there). LMS is a name from Audi, that and the name R8 is homage to their past Le Mans prototypes I think.

17. chakko

chakko Alien

I haven't driven them all, only the Z4, Audi LMS, the Porsche, and the Ferrari, i think, but, i really like the Z4. The Audi LMS is a bit of a understeery pig, at least with the default setup. Gotta try the Ferrari again though, i usually like Ferrari's car's handling. Well balanced IMO.

18. iannixxenakis

Thanks for the info, that makes sense.

What about the Porsche RSR vs GT3?

Just tried the Audi LMS 2016 again, got a 6:54.

The McLaren MP4-12C GT3 is still my favourite for handling so far I think. Feels more pointy and race car-ish.

Not as fast as some others though, at least not for me.

19. iannixxenakis

I like the standard 458 road car on Nords a lot. Handles well and the engine is responsive and sounds nice.

Serge M likes this.
  20. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

The Porsche 911 RSR is a GTE-class car (previously called GT2 class). It's a bit more complicated with Porsche because they names their road-cars that serve as homologation basis for their race cars according to the respective racing class GT1/2/3/4, so their race cars end up named GT3 RS...R for example -- but classes change over time and these don't end up racing in the classes of that name all the time, so you had previously 911 GT2 cars racing in GT1 and the GT3 RSR (based on the GT3 RS road car) race in GT2 - later GTE. With the RSR they dropped the GT3 from the name at some point (the name RSR predates the classes anyway). The 911 GT3 R is a GT3-class race car.

On that note, I think it'd be nice if Kunos made it more visible in the launcher which race classes the race cars are in (also the production date).

21. iannixxenakis

Good info thanks.

Agree that indicators of which classes the cars are in would be useful.