1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Feature Request: Custom Controller Button Mapping

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by smeedwoke, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Matt260z

Matt260z Rookie

+1 on all of the above. I too have a modded wheel & am fustrated with the change of button for the handbrake. Very annoyed.

bk81 likes this.
  2. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Ashtrays are not usefull in Assetto Corsa. Horn can be useful

It doesnt mean it has to be a waste for the rest of the people.

I dont recall people pushing out of the track other drivers in real races either. This is not real racing, it is never going to be (even Iracing, where every single contact is punished; in the real world that is not the case at all). We better try to make the public online a nice place to be rather than the most realistic possible. Like I said, in real races you dont have idiots crashing.

Like I explained in the other post, horn can be useful in some areas where the lights cant.

That has to be a extremely rare case. In fact, I have never seen people using the horn in that way (I did though with a rammer).

bk81 likes this.
  3. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

+1 for button mapping.

4. zeroasdf

zeroasdf Rookie

need Custom Controller Button

5. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

+1 for button mapping.

Mini92 likes this.
  6. +1 for button mapping!

Mini92 and bk81 like this.
  7. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

+1 on mapping

T300rs, t3pa with Bodin load cell brake conversion, t8ha, ps vr

8. FLX81

FLX81 Gamer

+ 1 here as well.

9. fredzy

fredzy Rookie

I posted this in some other thread regarding custom button mapping, not realizing there was a suggestions thread on the same topic in a more appropriate place.

Reposting:

There definitely needs to be an in-race settings menu similar to the Gran Turismo RA menu function. I couldn't find a good picture, so for those who are unfamiliar, video below.

The key would be how the custom button mapping could work with it. One button (let's use X) would pop the RA menu up on the HUD, at which point 1 or 2 buttons (Up, Down, for example) can be used to cycle through the menu options (TC, ABS, brake balance, boost level, hybrid recovery/mode options etc. etc.) and one or two buttons (Left, Right) can be used to adjust each setting. Press the X button again, the RA menu clears off the HUD and the buttons that functioned to cycle through and adjust settings are now back to their primary functions, like Up = cycle HUD layout, Left = look left etc.

At the same time, if you would like to be able to cycle TC or adjust hybrid recovery on the fly without going into that menu - you could still assign one button to cycle those functions independently from the menu. Finally, the same button that is used to bring up the RA menu thing (X in our case) could work as an "alt" button that toggles the function of any button with dual-purpose. This would make it possible to cover every game function with just about any controller in a reasonable way. The RA menu/alt-function should not be able to interfere with driving in any way (gas, brake, clutch, e-brake, gears etc. can not be assigned with any dual-function) and the RA menu shouldn't interfere with view. The RA menu/alt function should also clear after 5 seconds or so with no activity.

This is hella complicated for an average gamer, and so I wouldn't expect it to be part of a standard controller setting or anything. I'd guess anyone with a wheel, or who would put more than a couple hours into the game would utilize this sort of control scheme.

Currently my T300 settings are working OK for me (I think I'm back to using the generic wheel settings scheme) but there are plenty of problems. The biggest right now is that with some cars, changing view simultaneously changes my brake balance!

Astral_Magi and paul_wev like this.
  10. Spitfire77

Spitfire77 Racer

+1 for custom mapping

Also allow keyboard to be used - that would provide a lot more input for console users. Thanks!

Rich 1701 and paul_wev like this.
  11. Rich 1701

Rich 1701 Gamer

+1 for button mapping on console especially now with the new cars like the Ferrari SF15-T, Porsche 919 and other Hybrid cars. Can't change MGU-K Delivery and MGU-H mode on xbox version with Logitech G920 not sure if it's the same on ps4?? Hope they sort this soon

12. Spitfire77

Spitfire77 Racer

On PS4 with the T300 I was driving the Porsche 918 Hybrid and was able to change the the recovery amount in 10% intervals and the delivery mode ( three options something like - Hybrid Road, Hybrid Race and Hotlap) - this was early this morning before the 1.11 update

13. Rich 1701

Rich 1701 Gamer

Ah ok bud, couldn't even do that on xbox before the update, really annoying cause you can if you use the controller

14. Spitfire77

Spitfire77 Racer

There is a specific button mapping on the ps4 version for the G29.. is there one for the G920 on the xbox one?

15. Rich 1701

Rich 1701 Gamer

No we just have presets 1 n 2, I can change the recovery on the hybrids and the engine breaking on the Sf15-T but that's it:(

Nickname85 and Spitfire77 like this.
  16. TheGT500

TheGT500 Racer

If ever there was a car that we need keyboard support for, its the SF15-T.
    Way too many options for harvesting/deploying MGU etc, and not enough buttons to control them ! We've lost the ability to look left and right, but the proximity arrows are back so that makes up for it (sarc) !
    I just wish KS would at least give us some information as to if they're actively working on this serious omission, and if so, give a time frame for it. Obviously, working on private lobbies is eating into their resources, but surely they have a couple of devs available to work on custom button mapping ?

Nickname85, Rich 1701 and paul_wev like this.
  17. Rich 1701

Rich 1701 Gamer

+1 for this. Plus the LSB AND RSB buttons on the G920 are not even acknowledged? It's a shame that us xbox wheel users can't use all of the functions for cars like the SF15-T, I personally have been looking forward to the Red Pack since the game came out, mainly for the F1 cars and it's kind of put a downer on what is other wise a good pack, just hope they can sort it soon especially since ps4 users can use all the Hybrid functions

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    DumNubCake, Nickname85 and paul_wev like this.
  18. Same :(

19. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

Same here too, not wired, but a mechanical lever.

T300rs, t3pa with Bodin load cell brake conversion, t8ha, ps vr

20. smeedwoke

smeedwoke Rookie

To anyone who've downloaded the update on consoles, may I know if the button configuration has fixed? Don't want to disappoint myself again after the update.

paul_wev likes this.