1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Feature request : Limit virtual steering wheel

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kubr0, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Kubr0

Kubr0 Racer

Hi,

simple as the title says. I'd like to get the feature "Lock virtual steering wheel" implemented into the console version. Some background on why I think that this feature is crucial to get implemented, I wrote a guide to setting up a controller for AC on PC a while ago, which got pretty popular in the meantime ( http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=238659280 ). I was always driving in the cockpit view and was struggling with one issue from the beginning, the twitchy hands of the driver inside the cockpit. Now I quickly understood that a 2cm area of movement (stick on controller) really can't cover the 900 degrees of wheel rotation which are set up by default, which resulted in a lot of twitchy movements from my side which made it almost impossible for me to keep the car on track (was always practicing while setting it up with the F40 on Mugello). I made an adjustment to the virtual steering wheel lock and set it up to 360 degrees. After this, it felt completely different and I was actually able to find the perfect setting for me, which suited all the cars.

What I'm trying to say by this is, that a console user will never be able to enjoy the game with a controller if the hands are flying from one side to another. Would it be possible to get this feature implemented? I do own AC also on PS4, but am not really seeing myself playing it at all if this doesn't get addressed. Definitely am not going to waste time playing the game from 3rd person or bonnet cam or whatever.

Fact is, during the past 24 hours I got at least 20 private messages on steam ppl asking me where they can find the setting. I hope this can get done, not for myself, but for everyone else wanting to enjoy the game with a controller. In the meantime, I got a G29 wheel hooked up to my PC which is also working with my PS4, but its not what I was looking for, I was basically looking for a few laps every now & then on the console on the couch with my controller in my hands ...

Thanks!

wigu, Keisuke, breyzipp and 2 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay Feature Request: Brake Duct adjustment in Pit Stop Nov 27, 2021
    ACC User Interface Feature Request - Notes area Nov 10, 2021
    ACC User Interface [Feature Request] Favourite Multiplayer Server Sep 1, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Control Bindings with Key Combinations [Feature Request] Nov 23, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Feature Request: Add FCY and SC Mode as server admin commands Sep 14, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Feature request: map analog axis to digital function? Aug 17, 2020
    ACC User Interface [Replay mode feature request]Race time, session, time of day HUD element on replays and other May 24, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Feature request: audible signal for "Drive" being prepared in CP-race Jan 16, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Feature Request: Look Back Apr 28, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Feature request: Ignition switch animation Mar 9, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Feature request: look to MoTeC binding Oct 29, 2018
    ACC User Interface Feature request - "Look to mirror" binding Oct 14, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals [Feature Request] Default FFB Wheel Setup Oct 1, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Feature Request: Compare setups Sep 26, 2018
    ACC General Discussions VR Feature Request (Dash Light Dimming) Sep 19, 2018

3. MiddleFinger

MiddleFinger Gamer

I agree. I mentioned this in other thread somewhere.

4. gregack

gregack Racer

I'm sure you know, there is a dashcam where you can't see hands and wheel. They made it especially for the console.

5. MiddleFinger

MiddleFinger Gamer

It feels like sitting on someone else's laps.

6. gregack

gregack Racer

FOV:
    FOV-calculator: http://www.projectimmersion.com/fov/

I guess we should make a sticky thread with the simracing-basics some time for new guys.

pippo10 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  7. Kubr0

Kubr0 Racer

thanks for the introduction to cam-views gregac but I'm playing AC since 12/2013 and actually did my first 400 hours (out of 1000) on a x360 and x1 controller. I want to see my wheel, I actually need to see it in order to handle the car properly. And no, the view hasn't at all been developed for console, it has been released several months ago for single screen users, whether console benefits from it or not is a diff. subject, but the view is pretty useless when you're not using a wheel.

And yes, I currently do own a wheel, have a G29 which is compatible with both my PC & PS4 but no, I didn't buy the game with the intention to be playing with the wheel on console all the time ...

8. gregack

gregack Racer

Yes, I know you are a veteran. I just wanted to remind you, because I realized this dashcam just a few days ago although it's been there since 1.5 or 1.6;)

9. Raikku

Raikku Racer

On console side with AC I now talk from XOne's side, but that's true that they has to something to that steering wheel movement when using pad. Some filtering is
    needed. Other sims/games manage to do that, so it can't be too hard for ppl who program these things.

10. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Saw someone playing Assetto Corsa on PC with the Xbox One controller and the steering animations were good. I thought I could do the same on console by applying the same values but It didn't work. If I lower the speed/sensitivity values, things get better but not enough to make everything smooth.

11. Kubr0

Kubr0 Racer

ZX636 likes this.