1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback from real-life drivers - discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Kondor999, Jan 21, 2019.

1. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

The terms "game" and "simulation" are not mutually exclusive.

Check out the official ACC site

KEY FEATURES

Assetto Corsa Competizione is the new official Blancpain GT Series videogame.
    Thanks to the extraordinary quality of simulation, the game will allow you to experience the real atmosphere of the FIA GT3 homologated championship, competing against official drivers, teams, cars and circuits, reproduced in-game with the highest level of accuracy ever achieved.

2. Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari Racer

Forums are mostly wasted time that could be spent driving. Even if I am guilty of spending too much time on them.

3. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Well there is a lot to talk about that.
    I see Kunos aim as always trying to achieve the must realistic experience theres no doubt about that.
    The game denotation came from marketing reasons. See the case of AC a difference aproche "your driving simulation".
    I don't like pc games always used racing simulations, flight simulation, war simulations, train simulations...;)
    Hope you get the point.

4. Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari Racer

So, you drove GPL in the late 90's?

5. game does not mean arcade exclusively. soccer is a game...

6. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

Several dead horses reside and continue to be flogged in the ACC forums. It wouldn't be a Kunos product without them ;)

7. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Simracer

Did somebody said horse?

Attached Files:

chksix and After_Midnight like this.
  8. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Simracer

No way, somebody said "horse" and "simulation" in one sentence…

mr Switchblade likes this.
  9. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Simracer

Forgot to mention the triple screen support (the other dead horse).

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Hagen likes this.
  10. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

[​IMG]

sps_for_race and After_Midnight like this.
  11. Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari Racer

Good deal. Do you still drive it? It's come a long way if you haven't driven it in a while.

12. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

It been a long time since last drive. It was before people start to mod it.

13. Ahhh these newbies :cool: Not a single Floppy Disc at the table :D

PLebre, Arlo, Nahkamarakatti and 2 others like this.
  14. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Hardcore Simmer

Também tu.?!
    Pensava que eu era dos poucos malucos que tinha guardado essa coisas.:D:D
    (You too?!
    And me thinking that I was one of the few crazies that kept these things) :D:D

[​IMG]

PLebre likes this.
  15. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

I still have my original Grand Prix Legends Box, GTR2 and Nascar Racing 2003.

PLebre likes this.
  16. Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari Racer

I never stopped playing GPL. It's like an old pair of comfortable shoes now. A lot of laps in 19 years. It still makes me smile. The Lotus 49 is a part of me. We're best friends.

17. trutya

trutya Simracer

it's a bit off, but just came to my mind after the horse simulator post...
    it's quite ridiculous that some people think that moto gp esport is any close to real life. i've read some thoughts earier regarding to the first moto gp esport championship.
    you can simulate driving a car quite well in your home, but riding a bike is just a different world. nowhere close to real.
    like if you are good in fifa games you shouldn't be able to kick a straight one into a real ball... :D

Thug likes this.
  18. Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari Racer

That's true. I rode some motocross and a bit of road racing on bikes. No way to capture that feel on a simulator unless it was a full blown full movement simulator.

Even with cars we miss the G-forces and seat of the pants feel. Combat flight sims is the same deal.

What we have is the fun part and miss the ugly part. Fear is one of the big ones.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  19. Turk

Turk Alien

Or there is a sim rig that can automatically break your legs if you crash the car. There's nothing like the thrill of injury.

sps_for_race likes this.