1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Feedback from real-life drivers - discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Kondor999, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Kondor999

Kondor999 Gamer

That’s great to hear and it’s also why I’ve reached out to him to see if he’s tried the car again or would be willing to expand on his brief review.

He’s not a paid beta tester, so I think it’s rather surprising to see the sheer level of hostility on display here (from some people) for a guy who is A) a paying customer, B) a highly-regarded series-winning pro driver who has driven this very car in competition and C) has over 250 hours playing time on AC.

He doesn’t exactly “owe” us anything. His impressions seem sincere and I wouldn’t expect him to spend more time than he did to relate his impressions of the game in a Steam review.

People seem to be wanting a full beta-test level of assessment from a driver who is likely accustomed to gettting paid for this sort of thing. Perhaps he’ll respond to my request. Perhaps it would be good for KS to reach out to him and get some input.

My original purpose was to ask if the problems he was having are still present.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    hristo1026 and Karsten Beoulve like this.
  2. nolive72

nolive72 Racer

I feel for you. seems indeed there is some hostility on this forum when you try to bring things on the table...

The driver you are sharing impressions about the game seems to be into simracing enough to at least hear his comments even if he doesn't have a huge GT3 pedigree lets be honest. But its also obvious to me that he has far better skills than 99% of people on this forum, that is for sure.

Being French, I can easily follow Romain YT channel and he seems a really genuine enthusiastic guy.He doesn't pray 100% the game to be honest and is able to make precise comments on the Huracan for sure but not only, from memory, considering he has been test driving other GT3s

he has just recently upgraded his Set-up to run now a TS-PC wheel, just one step short of DD so I would say his feelings on the car(s) behaviour have certainly been improved through the better wheel FFB

Kondor999 likes this.
  3. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

The Huracan was in a pretty bad shape at the end of december.

Kondor999 likes this.
  4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

But is that really relevant when the review is on ACC with 1.1hrs? To setup your system and mess with menus etc would easily take more the an hour to get something plus a couple hours doing laps.

If you come to the conclusions he has I think it would first be wise to ensure something on your end is not messed up first.

Honestly its a bit unprofessional to write such a review with such limited use, its fine to give a negative review but im sure if he did 2 laps in the real car and gave that level of feedback to the crew, they would just ignore it and maybe get another driver next time. :D

5. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Certainly the first "impact" with ACC was not the easiest for me (2600 hrs in AC). I got ACC at 0.4 and my first drive was the Ferrari at Hungaroring (Pro settings) with cold brakes, cold tires, rather slow steering, tough kerbs, etc. Rather frustrating. I can understand this may cause "rage quit" syndrome in someone.

Out of curiosity the other day I tried the Ferrari 488 GT3 in AC on the Zolder 2017 mod from AC Track Reboot (a very good mod, not too far from the ACC version). The 488 GT3 in AC felt much softer on the kerbs and overall easy to trail-brake into the corners.

After playing ACC for some hours I have a feeling that the cars in good old AC rotate quite easily during corner entry, I mean it's rather easy to rotate the car using brakes and weight transfer. I don't know if this is realistic or not, but certainly makes driving in AC very pleasurable. In ACC this feeling of trail braking/rotating is harder for me to get.

The 0.5 release has improved a lot on this. The first lap with the Jaguar was a totally different story from what I had experienced before, I felt immediately at home in the car.

Lawndart likes this.
  6. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

The most important thing u guess is real driver feedbacks.

7. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

I've mentioned multiple times I love this game and I will play it no matter what a professional driver thinks about it, because to me personally it feels great. I'm just saying we should be glad there's real-life drivers playing the game and giving their feedback, although in this case the feedback is rather vague. It's just sad to see that some people can't seem to handle negative reviews, and instead of listening to what's being said they simply try to put the reviewer in a bad daylight.

Kondor999 likes this.
  8. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

And I wish people would put more effort into their Steam reviews, how about that for a change...

Salvatore Amato and dajdosta like this.
  9. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

I wish he did too.

10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I have no issues with negative reviews or varied opinions. But in this case I simply pointed out in the time taken, its really hard to get a reasonable opinion of any sim. It would be the same if someone said its the greatest thing ever with the same limited use.

I am only going by whats posted in this thread, which IMHO means this particular feedback and review is useless but others seemed to find it of enough value to start a discussion about it.

Maciej Malinowski and jaxx_za like this.
  11. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

I wasn't talking about you specifically. There's replies in this thread going from 'If you only have 250 hours in AC, you're a noob and your opinion doesn't count' to 'He might've gotten paid to write a bad review'.
    Only a couple of people are genuinely interested why he's written the negative review. We can only speculate whether it has something to do with his settings, the setup of the car or something with the physics until he (if he ever will) elaborates on his feedback. Yet some people seem to have made their mind up already and simply invalidate his review.
    It doesn't only happen here, I've seen the same thing happen in the pcars2 forums. It's like people feel they get attacked when someone writes something negative about the game they like and just jump into defensive mode.

Kondor999 and dajdosta like this.
  12. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

I wonder if he can do more than 1-2 laps without crashing in those other racing games (AC or pCARS). :rolleyes:

chksix likes this.
  13. I have seen positive real drivers feedback to pcars, r3e, forza etc. What does it mean nowdays?

LeDude83 and Salvatore Amato like this.
  14. TDS

TDS Alien

1000x this :) hahahahaha and he finished like 20th/30 position or so in that race? i think he probably doesn't like the car IRL too lol

15. I would love to drive this car in real life. Even if I finish one day later than all others :p

16. TDS

TDS Alien

that's for sure, but i'm not a "Pro $$$" driver lol, i would have fun even doing a loop trough my block :)

17. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

double post

18. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Having driven the Huracan @ Nürburgring GP I still find it driving/sliding on ice(tyremodel?)
    Just a few mins ago I tested the Huracan GT3 in Assetto Corsa and it's way easier to drive, the tyremodel (stock setup, medium slick)is way more forgiving and you can actually powerslide the thing rather easily.

Kunos are both devs of AC and ACC, so why is it they behave differently?

Cheers
    Robin

Kondor999 likes this.
  19. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

But that's not to say that the AC version is more realistic, just that you find it easier to drive.

20. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

I, did you test in hotlap mode or practice ? Grip level can be really low in practice.