1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Feedback from real-life drivers - discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Kondor999, Jan 21, 2019.

1. manuel_rendo

manuel_rendo Racer

I would consider his opinion trustworthy and and serious warning...
    Most of us have no clue how a gt3 drives,but surely many have sporty cars,,and know how a sport car behaves.
    I have all the racing sims,and among them,iracing seems the most realistic,Rf2 is the best as far as tyre behaviour and
    Race room the best regarding FFB,,,(my opinion). Acc is not the best in any of those aspects.But really is my opinion of any of ours (sim racers) considered At the same level as the one from a professional driver?..I would say no...and I agree in one important thing I do not understand why in many cases Acc cars slide flat in the middle of a curb as if they were driving on ice..
    Not far from what this driver says,,and seriously...cars are easier to drive.otherwise it would be impossible
    To withstand endurance races.

Leynad likes this.
  2. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Yes. A lot of the post are pointless, but the question is valid, I prefer this thread as at least it is not polluted with some of the usual ****disturber always there on RD, people just there to interfere but never to help, including a (in)famous Canadian.:rolleyes:

Yes. A lot of noise to finally realize, ACC is not perfect and that depending on what is important for someone in order to be good simulation, it will be more appropriate to some than to other.
    Some real driver hate SIMs, some love them, among those, some prefer how RF2 does it, some Iracing, some automobilista, some AC, good for them, for me it is first AC, second ACC.
    Unfortunately, none of the SIM is that good and therefore that close to really driving a particular car or race car that we will have consensus. At the end of the day, I don't care if driver X, who has won all there is to win think Forza7 does it better, I know what I prefer and that is what I drive the most.
    ACC does something very right in my book, I really like how it feels, I enjoy driving the cars, that is all that matters to me.:)

3. I just had a friend driving my sim and I put him straight behind the Lambo wheel at the Nurburgring. He's kind of track day driver, car hobbyist but not at all familiar with sims. He drove +30min, spun once at the last chicane and was lapping consistent 1.58-59. Said he felt instantly comfortable with the sim and that some day we have to take some time and drive properly.

That kind of experiences put those "cannot complete a lap"-experiences into perspective.

Edit: Apparently didn't drive in a very clean way because my Car Control and Pace rating went down to 97.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  4. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Personally, I prefer the FFB in ACC over R3E. FFB in R3E seems very canned for some reason on my TS-PC - the feedback during understand feels unnatural for eg.

ACC feels a lot more natural, and my non-racing experienced brain finds the FFB in ACC more believable, than that in R3E.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Cote Dazur likes this.
  5. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

6. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

It always amuses me when people simply have to believe everything a Real Life driver says "so it must be true", suddenly their own perceptions of a racing sim are change based purely on Joe Bloggs the Real Driver. Fact is you can put two real life drivers in the same car with the same setup and each of them could report totally different things back to the Engineer, he raises his eyebrows and mutters under his breath "bloody drivers!".

Now I'm not saying you should disregard what the real folk have to say about the Sim, by all means take onboard what they've said, but ultimately the final decision on whether YOU like the Sims physics is yours - not Joe Bloggs whose driven a Ferrari once at the Dubai 24 Hours. If people paid less attention to the viewpoint of others and just got on and enjoyed each Sim (ACC,AC, iRacing, RF2, RRE, AMS etc) for what they offer then they'd be better off for it, instead of these endless pointless threads discussing the most trivial of viewpoints. Sure there may well be things "wrong" with ACC just like the others, so if you're focusing on the wrongs and not enjoying the rights then I wonder why you're even playing this or that particular Sim at all, I sure as hell don't do things in real life I don't enjoy doing on a constant basis - I go do something else!

Each one of those Sims has its flaws and has its strengths whether that's in physics, tire model or whatever. But at the end of the day they're just games to ENJOY and have fun with, you're never gonna get a Sim that's 1 to 1 with Real Life (well at least not in the next 25 years!) so ignore everyone bickering about Joe Bloggs impressions of the Bentley and whether he's the be all and know it all, boot up the Sim of your choice and go DRIVE - trust me it's the best aphrodisiac for a stressful real life working week!

7. Skybird

Skybird Alien

A sim creates an illusion - the illusion of being the real thing. Most people do not know the real thing, and take their idea of what the real thing may feel like (if only they would have a chance to experience it) as their standard to which they compare the illusion of the sim. The more the sim meets these imaginations, the more realistic they claim it is.

Be pragmatic - chose the title you just enjoy to drive. Thats the smartest move sim racers can do.

Myself, I imagine that the cars in ACC seem to be more difficult to drive than the real things maybe are, and its certainly harder to stay in control in GT3 cars of ACC than than when driving GT3 cars in AC or RR. While I enjoy the challenge to just log a clean lap without hickups and errors, there is something in ACC that just prevents me from getting really warm with it. I cannot nail it, but the more I try to like it, the more it escapes me so far. And when I am in the mood to do indeed not just mass practice and hotlap and track day, but a real race, I find I prefer Raceroom to AC, and AC to ACC. Of course, the AI has much to do with that, but still: I appreciate the huge variation in driving behaviour in the cars we so far have, Kunos really does a good job in making them all individual characters - but still, the sim keeps me away at arms length.

The immersion in cockpit and then sounds and weather or changing day of light around, is second to none, however.

Its difficult to correctly explain, but my relation to ACC is somewhat muted so far. And the AI does not convince me, with the AI in RR being the standard to which I compare.

Moral of the story: we have the choice, and choice is good. Choose the title you like to drive and where you feel best immersed and best entertained, and be happy. This endless pedantic comparison of what is more realistic than in another game (yes: a GAME...!!) is not really what it is about and what you paid money for.

8. Turk

Turk Alien

I would say the cars are more difficult to drive than AC. There's more work to do, but I find it easier to tell what the car is doing in ACC. So in other ways it's easier.

9. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

Honestly guys, I can't call that even a proper feedback, but you discuss it for 7 pages.
    You really have nothing else to do...

10. Turk

Turk Alien

No. :( My sim rig is packed away so giving out about steam reviews is all I have left.

11. Unboxing video mate :p Makes still more sense than ...;)

12. Turk

Turk Alien

I have the rig hidden in a storage area at work, so the unboxing would involve some tricky forklift driving. :D

After_Midnight likes this.
  13. nfsw55

nfsw55 Hardcore Simmer

Why is this discussion even a thing?
    Josh Webster did exactly one real race in the Huracan GT3 where he shared the car with three other pilots during the 12h Sebring, which means he was aprox. 3h behind the steering wheel during the race +practice sessions (qualifying was done by one of the other drivers). Furthermore GT3 cars in IMSA competition are quite different to the ones racing in the Blancpain GT Series. Biggest difference are probably the tires (Continental in IMSA, Pirelli in Blancpain)
    And this was in early 2016, so nearly 3 years ago...

chksix and LATE4APEX like this.
  14. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

You could say that he "thoroughly" reviewed the sims but, in the end, it's just his opinion and not necessarily "accurate". Being a RL racing driver doesn't automatically make him the final, definitive word in how the good the sims are.

15. So do it :D And don't forget posting the link.

Turk likes this.
  16. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

I think there's a confusion in the word 'accurate'. It seems you're using it in the sense of him determining which sim is most accurate to real life racing, while I'm using it in the sense of him being able to accurately determine which parts of the physics feel most like real life racing.

17. Turk

Turk Alien

Well, to be fair to the man, that's 3 more hours than any of us have done. I think he should give the title another go after it's released before he starts jumping to conclusions.

I think at this stage I might wait until the full release before taking down the rig. I don't always get my weekend free so I need to plan it out. I need to make sure I can spend every waking hour racing because it would have to all be packed up again by Sunday night.

After_Midnight likes this.
  18. He is not hyping rf2 gt3 pack. Good enouh for me this days :)

19. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

To Tell you the truth I take all reviews with a pinch of salt especially products reviewed from non professional reviewers.

Firstly you don't have to drive a GT3 to have an understanding of how a car should feel. you just need to drive a car. When in a sim you are probably subconsciously comparing it to your own experience of driving. Simulation is the best most of us will get to driving a GT3 car. No matter how Good you make the FFB, sound , and vibrations , you will know its not real. In truth you cannot get even close.

The drivers review was not a review, but an opinion, and in my opinion, not backed by facts, and was without depth. Therefore should be accepted as just that; an Opinion. Comments such as 'sliding around on ice is subjective' and in my opinion offers no value to someone requiring information. So if you review a simulator you cannot compare it to a car as a whole, but to a small subset of effects. and concentrate on those. You also have to remove your conscious and unconscious bias.

Having driven a GT3 car does not mean that you are able to give a good review of a racing simulator.
    Just as driving a simulator does not make you an expert on driving a racing car. True, there is a little cross over.

The Point is you cannot compare a simulator Like ACC to the Real car. that's just ridiculous , you have to compare components of your simulation models , and compare that against models taken from real measurements to see how close they come to each other, So we should concentrate on the criticism of how well this process as been done, but not the whole.

ACC is an approximate simulation at best. Think of all of the things that you can not reproduce , force, gravity. Inertia, and realistic vibration come at an extreme high cost. Not forgetting numerous other effects, that you will not even recognise unless pointed out to you. So if you review a simulator you cannot compare it to a car as a whole, but to a small subset of effects.

The best reviews of simulators are from people who play simulators seriously

20. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

This is opposite to my opinion (or does it contradict itself, I have not made my mind up yet).

Professional reviewers usually get products given to 'review' and therefore don't generally have to 'live with it', or may only be given the item if they give a glowing review, especially true if the supplier is a sponsor. Or may even be a reviewer of several things but expert on none.
    Where general enthusiasts will look into something before they buy it and will use it day in day out and will usually have a better understanding of its strengths and weaknesses and more likely to give an honest opinion and less likely to be 'bought out'.

That's just my opinion though.

Having said that , I am also a reviewer and DO give honest opinions.