1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Ferrari 458 Italia S3 - Setup help!

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by warth0g, Mar 30, 2017.

1. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

I'm still slowly wading through the career mode but have got really stuck with the 458 Italia. I can't get it round a lap of Imola without putting it in the wall and am unfortunately hopeless at setups. It's wobbly under braking and oversteers without warning making it pretty depressing to drive. Does anyone have any setup tips please so I get past this? Many thanks..

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Ferrari 458 gt2 wiper issue Dec 4, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Graphic issue with wipers on Ferrari 458 GT2 on VR Dec 3, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 Italia Edition - Not recognized (XBoX) Oct 2, 2020
    Screens & Videos Ferrari 458 GT2 Interlagos 1.32.692 Apr 26, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia no ffb Dec 7, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Periferica Ferrari 458 racing wheel Oct 14, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Ayuda! Sobre giro Thrustmaster ferrari 458 Italia Jun 8, 2018
    Steering wheels discussions Thrustmaster non ffb Ferrari 458 italia issue Feb 12, 2018
    Bug reports Ferrari 458 Italia GTE-Racecar Mar 25, 2017
    Screens & Videos Audi R8 vs Ferrari 458 Italia- track challenge Mar 23, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Ferrari 458 GT2 AI setup: uses hard tires why? How to change? Mar 4, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues [AC 1.11.4] Ferrari 458 Italia low overall grip Jan 18, 2017
    Screens & Videos Assetto corsa Ferrari 458 New Camera Jan 14, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Weak Ferrari 458 GT2 brakes Jan 10, 2017
    Screens & Videos FERRARI 458 GT2 @ SPA-FRANCORCHAMPS - how can i get better? Jan 10, 2017

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I dont think setup is likely your biggest issue going by what you wrote. Maybe best to post a video of a lap in this and people can more likely help you out.

Imola is a tricky place where line and technique is more of a factor then setup in most cars. The 458 s3 also has fairly limited options so no matter what you change it wont drasticaly change its behaviour so its more down to how you drive it.

4. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

Well I'm certainly not great, and Imola is one of my least favorite tracks, but I can reliably get most of the other cars around it OK.. I do feel like the stock setup for the S3 is quite unstable - no-one else feels the same way?

5. protonv5

protonv5 Racer

Try the following, it helped me to understand and handle this amazing car = Front splitter: 1, Rear Wing: 1 to 2. Tyres: Hard. Run as little fuel as possible. Add in more wing as you feel necessary and possibly go to Medium tyres once you get the feel of things. Always allow the tyres and brakes to warm up before really pushing. Avoid braking hard while cornering. You can but it must be done very lightly. With these settings I found that it allows you to feel more what the car is doing, what it's limits are. You can feel more when it is about to break loose and oversteer etc. Also, with very little wing you will increase your top/straight line speed. You may find it difficult at first, but give it a chance. :)

warth0g likes this.
  6. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

OK thanks @protonv5 I'll try that.. appreciate the help!

7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Seeing the 458 s3 has no wings, only has one choice of either trofeo slicks or semi slicks that may be useful setup advice for some other car. :rolleyes:

Like I said setup wise your not going to have much there and testing all options wont take long. Dampers and suspension only have 2 possible settings, ARB can be played with a little and Imola you likely want a bit stiffer front ARB and softer rear that will deal with the curbs a bit better and if oversteer is the OP's issue then this will also help out there some. All depends where the oversteer is if its on entry mid corner or exit but mostly its down to how you drive the car so showing a lap then people could help you out with line or technique which will be the main thing in this combo.

vlado Cro and HavanaB0B like this.
  8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I ran some laps in this combo, I don't really race AI and never used the career mode so not sure what sort of pace AI have here.

Here is my setup even though vs default this only gained 1 second at most as there isn't much to the setup. There is no magic setup that will make this car much easier to drive, my setup I was mostly working on getting it a bit better over the curbs and getting some better traction on exit, this was run with factory ABS only no other aids at 26c and sunny with optimum grip. The current console build may not be running v10 tyres so there will be some difference there but some cars I found faster some slower since the latest PC update but this isnt a car I drove much and not here so I have no idea how or if it has changed much. http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/index.php?page=rank&track=2&car=62

upload_2017-3-31_19-8-24.png
    upload_2017-3-31_19-8-45.png upload_2017-3-31_19-9-2.png
    upload_2017-3-31_19-9-23.png upload_2017-3-31_19-9-49.png
    upload_2017-3-31_19-10-21.png

Here is a video of the lap but its still uploading so may be another 30 minutes or so due to my crappy upload speed.

Driving wise, you cant brake too hard on entry as it unloads the rear especially into t1 and if your way too hard and deep it will just understeer a bit which is even worse. Downshifts you need to wait a bit as shifting down at too high an rpm also unsettles the rear. You need to keep the car as straight as possible and just aim for apexes, try to get on the power as soon as you can but take care as too much throttle on exit will cause the rears to spin up and get very loose on exit. Anywhere its sideways its usually losing time except on entry getting that little bit loose on turn in helps get the car in to the apex. The car is pretty quick but no real downforce so it needs a bit of time to slow for corners and is not very quick mid corner, suprisingly the lap times aren't miles of what a GT car can do here thanks to high power low drag and some trofeo slicks.

warth0g, DatNoiseV12 and HavanaB0B like this.
  9. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

great advices and nice driving. i took this car around black cat county a few days ago and the rear felt a bit unstable in some corners. will give it another go soon.

10. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for that detailed advice - that's incredibly helpful.. I'll persevere..

11. Chubs

Chubs Rookie

Hey, Check out my setup