1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ferrari 458 vs mclaren gt3 record at the nordschleife assetto corsa

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by kofotsjanne, Jul 4, 2015.

1. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I dont know how many that actually watches Kunos twitter so I thought I would share this video here since I saw that they retweed it or what its called.

its well worth to have a look

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Ferrari 458 gt2 wiper issue Dec 4, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Graphic issue with wipers on Ferrari 458 GT2 on VR Dec 3, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 Italia Edition - Not recognized (XBoX) Oct 2, 2020
    Screens & Videos Ferrari 458 GT2 Interlagos 1.32.692 Apr 26, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia no ffb Dec 7, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Periferica Ferrari 458 racing wheel Oct 14, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Ayuda! Sobre giro Thrustmaster ferrari 458 Italia Jun 8, 2018
    Steering wheels discussions Thrustmaster non ffb Ferrari 458 italia issue Feb 12, 2018
    Console Lounge Ferrari 458 Italia S3 - Setup help! Mar 30, 2017
    Bug reports Ferrari 458 Italia GTE-Racecar Mar 25, 2017
    Screens & Videos Audi R8 vs Ferrari 458 Italia- track challenge Mar 23, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Ferrari 458 GT2 AI setup: uses hard tires why? How to change? Mar 4, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues [AC 1.11.4] Ferrari 458 Italia low overall grip Jan 18, 2017
    Screens & Videos Assetto corsa Ferrari 458 New Camera Jan 14, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Weak Ferrari 458 GT2 brakes Jan 10, 2017

3. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

Trolling and ****talking aside, this guy has a valid point. The AC driver is using the new fanatec clubsport wheelbase V2, which should be plenty strong enough to provide all the FFB resolution and strenght the game needs. Yet why is the AC wheel so calm when compared to real life? And it's not about smooth driving either, because the mclaren wheel was moving a lot on the straights as well. So where does this difference come from?

Trezoitao38 likes this.
  4. Cefa

Cefa Hardcore Simmer

maybe, seeing the track he was playing with optimum track conditions, just try, with opt. I run smooth like I'm on train binaries, with green I've a different work on the wheel (however not as in the real life video)

5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

or even better, with 13 degrees and slow track because that was the most accurate according to aris.

Leemstradamus and Cefa like this.
  6. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

I agree. The force effects on GT cars is too smoth, I use a G27.

7. Mogster

Mogster Alien

There are quite a few variables involved, it's hard to make a direct comparison.

The Fanatec user seems to have the forces turned right down, the grip level set quite high and has a particularly smooth driving style.

If you want more force effects then turn them up. I have no problem with AC's forces, I don't want the wheel jumping and jerking unrealistically in my hands.

8. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Such life, much wow

See.. same case, nordschleife, 458 gt2, fanatec wheel. Similar results to AC video in the OP.

Here with a T300RS wheel, from the youtuber digiprost.

The car setup, amount of fuel, road grip and temperature from real life, will make it different than in the game. The driver's style too.

Also, he (forgot his ac forums name) is using an OSW wheel (video below), and in this video he put the force feedback higher, with green track. In video comments he said he uses lower ffb than in this case, but AC is capable of higher forces for steering, which means the higher the ffb, more pronounced the little forces from the car/track will be, but also more clipping in some situations.