1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 Ferrari GTB 488 / BMW M4 - Muffled sound

Discussion in 'Bug reports' started by @P73, Feb 22, 2017.

1. @P73

@P73 Simracer

Both the Ferrari GTB 488 and the BMW M4 sound very muffled on Xbox. The engine note is great for both cars, but there's an annoying 'windy' sound that comes alongside it and almost prevails, the engine sound being very low and muddy. It's strange, but it's as if you were driving at high speed with the windows fully open. By the way, I have the 'wind effect' sound set to 0%.

In my opinion, there definitely must be something wrong with their sound. Both are from the 'Prestige Pack' and, when I bought it a few months back, I opened a ticket with 505 to tell them about this problem. They said the devs were aware and a possible fix was coming soon.

However, it's still the same. It's a pitty, as I love the handling of these cars but their sound put me off a little. Anyone else who finds there's a sound problem with these cars? Could @Luca_Sodano maybe have a look into this matter?

Thanks!

Note: No other car in game has this apparently problematic characteristic I mentioned above.

svenvangent and ZX636 like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Ferrari T80 488 GTB Steering Wheel Oct 27, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Thrustmaster Dual Analog 4 + t80 ferrari 488 gtb Wheel? Nov 7, 2018
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues LaFerrari and 488 GTB tires Nov 27, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Ferrari 488 GTB rpm gauge Sep 24, 2016
    Screens & Videos Ferrari 488 GTB - Chris Harris Style Aug 31, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Ferrari 488 gtb (458 replacement) Feb 3, 2015
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars How to get official Ferrari 296 livery Nov 26, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Ferrari 296 GT3 Only 2 MFD pages Nov 24, 2023
    Online Leagues / Championships room Assetto Corsa Ferrari F1 Tribute League Sep 14, 2023
    ACC Physics Why the Ferrari 296 has no suspension? Aug 20, 2023
    ACC Physics Ferrari Challenge Emaps Jul 23, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Ferrari 296GT3 / suddenly extreme topspeed. Jul 2, 2023
    ACC Physics Wet tyres puncturing a lot? (Ferrari challenge evo) May 26, 2023
    Screens & Videos ACC | Monza | HotLap + Setup | Ferrari 296 GT3 - 1:47.322 May 10, 2023
    ACC Physics Ferrari 296 12 Engine Maps May 4, 2023

3. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Does this video (not mine) showcase the issue you're talking about?

I think I hear a strange noise, under acceleration, at high RPMs. And, as you said, sounds like driving with the window open.
    Luca's account is @AC Support by the way! ;)

@P73 likes this.
  4. @P73

@P73 Simracer

Spot on! This Video illustrates perfectly what I meant. I didn't know it was like this on PS4 and on PC too. I hope they will tell us if the sound is indeed 'bugged' or if it's as designed. If the latter is the case, I confess I'm a little disappointed, as I would expect this car to sound loud and clear - which would make it even more enjoyable. Thanks for your input!

ZX636 likes this.
  5. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

I can confirm that It's like that on PS4 as well. I didn't notice it before, because I usually play with a low volume but I maxed it out and It became quite clear.

@P73 likes this.
  6. Speedster911

Speedster911 Gamer

I can confirm that sounds on Xbox One at least are not on par with PC and possibly PS4 as well.

Some cars have really muffled sounds in first person views like the 488 road car or M4 road car while others have a really, reallyyy annoying trans whine and weak engine note with mute downshifting effects in cockpit/first person: 599xx, Laf, hur. performante, zonda-r, m235i race car, modern ferrari and lotus F1 car, and many others - where the transmission whine is actually drowning out the engine and exhaust sound in cockpit and you literally have to turn down the volume to save your hearing.

@AC Support