1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Ferrari La Ferrari - Any Tips?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pleite, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

Hi there, I have a doubt about the Ferrari La Ferrari and would be glad to hear your impressions on that.

I always play with no assists, as I don't like it much the effect they produce in terms of feel. Although La Ferrari could be one of those cars that almost demand assists to be on, for all its bestiality, l insisted and chose to keep it off, in spite of that.

But as I practiced a lot, I could eventually become reasonably good at using this car, as I can now complete most races without major accidents. But the problem, so to speak, is that I can't help feeling I'm always almost like ice skating with the car on the track. It always feel waaaay too slipery at turns and when breaking and, although I have learned some tricks to control the car, this soap like characteristic stops me from liking the car as much as I wanted.

I don't find this characteristic in any other car in the game, at least to the extent it is in La Ferrari.

As I never tweak with the cars in any way, I was wondering if anyone who races this car with no assists would have some suggestion about tire pressure or something that could reduce this ice skating feel. Also, it's possible tomorrow's update changes a bit this characteristic, as I heard the tire model for this car will be upgraded to 10. Does anyone know if that would make a difference?

Thanks!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars How to get official Ferrari 296 livery Nov 26, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Ferrari 296 GT3 Only 2 MFD pages Nov 24, 2023
    Online Leagues / Championships room Assetto Corsa Ferrari F1 Tribute League Sep 14, 2023
    ACC Physics Why the Ferrari 296 has no suspension? Aug 20, 2023
    ACC Physics Ferrari Challenge Emaps Jul 23, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Ferrari 296GT3 / suddenly extreme topspeed. Jul 2, 2023
    ACC Physics Wet tyres puncturing a lot? (Ferrari challenge evo) May 26, 2023
    Screens & Videos ACC | Monza | HotLap + Setup | Ferrari 296 GT3 - 1:47.322 May 10, 2023
    ACC Physics Ferrari 296 12 Engine Maps May 4, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Ferrari 1,9 bug or cheater? Apr 24, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Team swap ferrari crashes game. Apr 24, 2023
    ACC Physics Steering lock of Ferrari 296 not correct Apr 23, 2023
    ACC Physics Possible drivetrain issue Ferrari 296 Apr 23, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Ferrari 296 steering wheel animation Apr 20, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Empty Ferrari Esports Folders Messing up Brand page Mar 26, 2023

3. Hi Pleite,
    please take what follows as a try to help, I know nothing about how you drive, so please forgive if something sounds obvious.

As far as I know, LaFerrari was born with electronic things enabled by default, so my guess is that it can be even more rewarding if you drive it with some ABS and some TC. The challenge is to find the right amount. I guess entirely disabling TC and ABS isn't the way Ferrari expected the drivers to drive this car. It is indeed funnier/more entertaining without aids, but honestly making a fast lap with ABS off seems quite difficult to me.
    This said, to feel the car more, you may try reducing front camber. This should make the front more edgy at turn in, and make the car a bit easier to slow down for the increased tyre's patch on straights. Then you may increase the toe out a bit (negative values at front) but don't overdo this or the car will start going everywhere under hard brakings.
    Reducing tyres pressure may be an option to gain some grip, but it seems that the default on I tyres is quite good (tested at Silverstone with 26° air and tyres kept working in the green range forever).

Last thing, but I think most important: try to understand what to do to make the car go where it should. I mean: if you keep missing an apex, don't be afraid to brake 10 meters earlier the next lap: your lap times will improve faster if you can drive clean keeping the car into its limits and improving a bit at each lap. Remember that a car can't go faster than it can. Speaking of me: whenever i think "I have to drive fast" I end slower than when I think "I have to drive good".
    Good luck!

paul_wev and Pleite like this.
  4. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

Great tips Roberto, thanks for that! I'll apply your suggestions later and see how it goes.

Roberto Olivetti likes this.
  5. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

The car has an amazing amount of understeer in the game, feels like a truck compared to the P1 , is that what the real life one is like?.

Pleite likes this.
  6. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

Yeah, that's a complex beast. I watched some reviews about this car (real life) and they always emphasize it really needs to be assisted, otherwise it will kill you. Maybe it feels harder to use than the P1 because it's almost 200 kg lighter.

7. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

Just an update: With the last 1.09 patch, La Ferrari has become what I had always expected it to be. It now handles and feels amazing, even with all the assists off. Even the engine sound has improved a lot, much closer to its real counterpart, as seen on YouTube videos.

Amazing change. Now I can like this car as much as I had always wanted to like.

paul_wev and Larryf1951 like this.
  8. Abigor

Abigor Gamer

waaw....ok.....thats nice......La Ferrari physics was way off in this game

9. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

Just tested it in Barcelona GP: 1.5 sec faster! ;)

10. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

My experience too, i was disappointed with the LaFa before the update .

Pleite likes this.
  11. yusupov

yusupov Alien

interesting to hear; i think this is probably the games #1 most griped about car since its inception. will have to give it a go.

Pleite likes this.
  12. Speedster911

Speedster911 Gamer

I wish they would update the LaF sound on Xbox One along with others because it is off and does not sound like the real thing. It has this weird vacuum cleaner like effect in the low to mid revs and even at higher revs, the engine is not that audible. It just sounds weak. The aggressive backfires and especially downshifting effects are missing and I don't understand why the transmission whine is so loud and overpowering. The real LaF has none of these characteristics - the motor sound stands out, as do the aggressive and "angry" downshifting sounds, with none of that annoying trans whine.

Please update the sound for the LaFerrari on Xbox One Kunos! Other cars suffer from this too: 599XX, Hur. Performante, Countach, Zonda R, etc. and a few others that have a very loud trans whine even though they don't have straight cut race gears or adjustable gear ratios.