1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Ferrari SF15-T Question and Comments

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by alternatingcurrent, Jan 11, 2017.

1. First off, let me say, this car feels really good. I've been harsh on Kunos before, but if there's one thing I can't deny, it's that the sensation of driving a car in this game has paralleled non other I've tried. So hats off on that.

Now, the main thing I don't understand about this car is how the MGU-K system works. I was hoping someone here of more knowledge might be able to help out. What are the different settings and what do they do? This would also help me use this better on other cars that have the MGU settings.

There is a small bug I noticed, in that the RPM meter on the steering wheel of this car seems to get stuck sometimes.

Other than that, what do you guys think of the car and the pack in general? Personally, I'm pretty happy.

EDIT- A little bit of a Googling got me this...

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-ferrari-sf15-t-technical-guide.123938/

Very insightful.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    Jan Duin likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Ferrari SF15-T Tyre Temps Apr 8, 2017
    Bug reports Ferrari SF15-T and F138 missing aero options Feb 7, 2017
    Console Lounge Ferrari SF15-T quick tutorial Jan 12, 2017
    Console Lounge Bedtime reading about the upcoming Ferrari SF15-T power unit Jan 8, 2017
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Porsche 919 and Ferrari SF15-T don't report ERSMaxJ over Python API Nov 22, 2016
    Online Leagues / Championships room Ferrari SF15-T League starting 27th August at Flag-to-flag.com Aug 9, 2016
    Online Leagues / Championships room Ferrari SF15-T League @ Flag-to-Flag.com Jul 29, 2016
    Chit Chat Room The Ferrari SF15-T power unit & driving advice. Jul 15, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Ferrari SF15-T and F138 Damper Problems Jul 15, 2016
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Ferrari F138 and Ferrari SF15-T not appearing in Opponent selection menu Jul 14, 2016
    Screens & Videos Ferrari sf15-t hotlap @ red bull ring Oct 25, 2015
    3D car models Ferrari sf15-t (wip) beta version is available Aug 1, 2015
    3D car models Ferrari sf15-t | wip May 16, 2015
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars How to get official Ferrari 296 livery Nov 26, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Ferrari 296 GT3 Only 2 MFD pages Nov 24, 2023

3. marcocale

marcocale Hardcore Simmer

4. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

The car is brutal!!!!, so much torque from that engine!

Shame it's a bit understeery though.

5. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

I like it. I thought It would have been twitchy to handle with a controller but It isn't. Too bad It makes a weird noise at low RPMs when the TC kicks in.

6. Daniel Wood

Daniel Wood Gamer

the noise will be the engine shutting down cylinders as they don't get used in the slow corners.. (sounds like it farting or gurgling)

Dookie likes this.
  7. I'm pretty sure TC and ABS is banned in F1 right now, so I would assume that these cars hold true to that. Anyone know if that's the case?

8. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

I'm pretty sure you can't use both in real life. Anyway, I tried the SF15-T around some tracks yesterday (Nurb GP, RBR, Spa etc.) without TC and I still hear this annoying noise multiple times per lap. The PC vids I've seen have no sign of this issue..

9. Dookie

Dookie Hardcore Simmer

It's there on PC too below ~10k rpms and sounds exactly like Daniel Wood says, farting/gurgling. Pretty interesting they shut down cylinders on low rpms, didn't know that. See pc video here at 13:25

So it's there unless you are talking about another noise :D

10. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

I decided to make one vid and compare it to robyf1's on yt and his seems better? i'm a bit confused right now because the one dookie posted has the same sound as mine

really noticeable at 0:42 and 1:20 (sorry for the bad driving btw)

11. Dookie

Dookie Hardcore Simmer

The first video is set to privat so we can't see it but it seems like the sound is more present when you are not on full throttle.

Edsonv12 likes this.
  12. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

sorry, i've changed the privacy settings. it should work now.

Dookie likes this.
  13. Nickname85

Nickname85 Rookie

Does anybody know how to change the mgu-k delivery on the xbox?

14. Kribbio

Kribbio Guest

Here there is a lap at Spa with the SF15-t on console vs a lap on a pc with same mgu-k settings on the same places :
    PS4 ( me) :

PC (robyf1ita) :

During the Kemmel Straight , i had only 1/2 of batteries left when roby had a lot more ( and he's speed was higher).. what i'm doing wrong?

15. dawg

dawg Racer

I'm sure the car will be perfected by Kunos.

I for one really love that car. It feels quite good when racing with (in my case) the AI, trying to outsmart them with the various PU-settings. Which is hard. :)

Anybody got tips on how to perform a good start? I'm not using any assists, which makes it quite a challenge to start without spinning or getting far behind real quick.
    So tips are much appreciated.

And thanks to Kunos for this car. It's amazing!

16. With a G920 it's impossible because there not enough buttons :( Some people share the thoughts and gave kunos feedback how it can be solved.
    With controller it should be possible I think.

17. Sorry doublepost

18. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

true. I asked the sound designer and he says its normal and happens with partialized throttle

Dookie likes this.
  19. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

@Dookie @DatNoiseV12
    Yes, that's exactly the noise I was talking about.
    On one hand, I'm glad It's normal and not some kind of weird, glitched sound..on the other, It's still a bit annoying :D Guess I'll learn to live with it.

Dookie likes this.
  20. Kribbio

Kribbio Guest

Now i understand, by default the MGU-H is set to Battery and not Motor .

21. Dyr_gl

Dyr_gl Racer

So, when are we getting the missing setup items? Paying 10 euros for cars and finding out they're not finished is dangerously close to a scam.