1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

FFB frequency

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Jynnantonix, Sep 6, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

Disclaimer: possible armchair expert opinion ahead!

Does anyone know what the FFB refresh rate will be in ACC. I may be wrong here, but it's my understanding that RF2's ffb feels so amazing because it is running at a very high refresh rate. I had a similar experience in IRacing a while back where someone created a service that updated the ffb refresh rate to 120hz from 60hz or something. The difference in fbb was night and day in terms of how nuanced and detailed it was. The only problem is it created unacceptable input lag which made catching slides almost impossible. So I wonder if ACC is getting a refresh rate upgrade in ffb?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Freeze while trying to start/run a race (in single player mode) [Sidewinder FFB frequency] Apr 3, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC stops responding trying to launch a race [Sidewinder FFB frequency] Sep 4, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals FFB Frequency 1.0.9 Sep 18, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals FFB Frequency (Interval Steps) Sep 16, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Is there any way to change ffb frequency (hz)? Nov 9, 2016
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Thrustmaster ts-xw ffb on pc Feb 26, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting FFB is lost after going to the Menus Feb 3, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Redurce FFB on Curbs Jan 25, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals What's happened to ACC FFB Jan 3, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Better FFB in ACC for low-medium range wheels? Dec 10, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions FFB coming and going at random with Thurstmaster TS-XW Aug 27, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Weird ffb on G920 Aug 21, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals No FFB from Simagic Alpha Mini Aug 5, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions FFB and FOV Jul 20, 2023
    Physics Bugs & Issues Lost of FFB - PC Jun 7, 2023

3. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I would think twice before calling Lord Kunos 'armchair expert' :D

Does this comment qualify me as armchair expert?

4. If I remeber correctly the FFB tick rate will be quite a bit lower in ACC than it is in AC. Which I'm slightly worried about..

Not saying any numbers because I can't remember exact figures.

Phil64 and Andrew_WOT like this.
  5. steno

steno Gamer

6. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

The 'armchair expert' reference was to myself, certainly not Stefano!

7. TDS

TDS Alien

if i remember correctly in AC ffb AND physics tick rate is 333hz, but you can lower the ffb tickrate editing a .ini file if you want, as some wheels doesn't like too high ffb hz.

in ACC i have no idea of the current FFB tick rate, 120hz+ should be more than fine and i hope its more around the 300hz mark :)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  8. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

From the linked above post from Stefano, the physics tick is still 333hz same as AC but IO (i.e. FFB) is 1/3 of it, 111hz. It is even worse than Half Rate FFB option in AC.

Hopefully it will be just a default that can be adjusted if needed.

Nahkamarakatti and TDS like this.
  9. Leclettico

Leclettico Gamer

And what about the possibility to manage the clipping (like FFB Clip for AC)?

10. Uff

Uff Andrea Candini

This has nothing to do with FFB rate, it's just a matte of settings the FFB strenght. The FFB bar was already present in the Misano demo, so I would not worry about it. :)

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  11. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

111 Hz doesn't really sound low for a heavy and "slow" machine like a FFB wheel. It means oscillations of ~55 Hz can be reproduced. Can any RL steering rack transmit torque at a higher frequency?!? I honestly don't know. If anything, high frequencies are really only interesting for kurb rattling etc. During normal driving, what are we talking about...2, 3 Hz?

Salad Fingers likes this.
  12. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I would be worried if information in my car was half a second delayed...

rycil likes this.
  13. rycil

rycil Simracer

Not directly related to the topic but can have some impact on the feeling: does ACC simulate power steering?

14. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Me too but in my post there was no mention of a half second information delay.

15. Tberg

Tberg Alien

What I ment was, that I'm under the impression that the FFB rate defines how fast the interval of information, that is sent to the wheel, is working. So, at 111Hz it's 9ms between each package, or simply 111 packages of information pr. second.
    2Hz is a package pr. half a second, that's really nothing. Capable oscillation in steering racks or ffb wheels has little to do with ffb or physics tick rate, far as I understand.

GRFOCO likes this.
  16. chakko

chakko Alien

This thread makes me wonder how different ACC's FFB will feel, in comparison to AC. Hopefully not much, because AC's FFB is one its major strengths, in my book.

LChaves and After_Midnight like this.
  17. Neilski

Neilski Alien

But that wasn't what was meant by "2 Hz" in the message you're talking about: it was a 2 Hz oscillation, not packet rate (so the 2 Hz motion of the wheel was still gonna be created by 111 Hz packets).

LeDude83 likes this.
  18. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Correct. When recreating an oscillation with discrete values, you need 2*frequency as sample rate - in this case FFB frequency.

I just think that what you experience during normal driving is something in the range of single digit Hz - the wheel swinging back and forth in your hands. I think from maybe 20 Hz on we can already talk about "vibration". And now our FFB wheels (and RL steering) certainly has a low-pass characteristics so from a certain frequency on the vibrations will be heavily attenuated, maybe not perceivable, anymore.

Would be interesting to have a FFB test tool where you can set the frequenc in order to find out where the wheel drops out.

Neilski likes this.
  19. +1 :confused:

20. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

ALB123, TDS and Michael Hornbuckle like this.
  21. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

You're missing a very important point. An analogue oscillation of 2Hz needs a much higher frequency to be described digitally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.