1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 FFB help with Fanatec CSW

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by Grantpoole, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Grantpoole

Grantpoole Rookie

Hi I'm having some trouble getting the right feel with my CSW base. If some of you wouldn't mind sharing your settings it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals [Linux] Fanatec DD2 FFB behavior Feb 10, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Update 1.7.13 - XBox Series X - Fanatec Podium DD2 - FFB still not working Jul 6, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Abnormal FFB on wheelbase fanatec v1.7.10.0 Mar 21, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec CSL Elite V1.1... lost half my FFB Nov 19, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals FFB Gain - Fanatec DD1 and Formula V2 Oct 23, 2020
    Steering wheels discussions Weaker and less detailed FFB on Xbox than PS4 (Fanatec CSL Elite +) Aug 24, 2020
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues FFB on Fanatec basically gone since Patch Jul 20, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Fanatec v2.5 Drive hub no ffb Jul 13, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions very weak FFB with Fanatec CSW 2.5 Jun 24, 2020
    ACC Gameplay (Ps4) No FFB on Fanatec CSL Elite Jun 22, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions (ACC - PS4) Fanatec CSL ELITE no FFB Jun 22, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec DD2 usb types and ffb output lag May 25, 2020
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Oculus Rift + Fanatec CSL Elite = no FFB May 16, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals FFB Settings Fanatec CSW V2.5 Apr 14, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Loosing FFB in Multiplayer Sessions - Fanatec DD1 Feb 6, 2020

3. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Gamer

Glad you started this tread as I just logged on to do the same as struggling with the csw setup myself

At present I am running (can't remember descriptions) from top,to bottom

off
    off?

With wheel, ffb around 30

I am still getting the usual fanatec clanging and needs a lot more work to get it right

4. Seb007

Seb007 Gamer

here my settings with CSW2

from top,to bottom

off
    on (H-Shifter)

on the base ffb around 25-35

5. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Gamer

That was the direction I was thinking less ffb master but more road and slip

Thanks will,try them out

6. Grantpoole

Grantpoole Rookie

My settings at the moment
    FFB 50
    Curbs 20
    Road 15
    Slip 0
    Under steer on

On the wheel
    Sen 360 (I like quick steering)
    FFB AUTO

7. NickA

NickA Rookie

Has anybody else tried the FXX K with the default settings yet?

I tried it with my CSW v2 and there was hardly any feedback whatsoever. I've just been experimenting with the feedback for the R8 LMS car and have had to reduce it right down (20) as the steering wheel was shaking so much!!!

Seems a bit inconsistent based on the small amount of time that I've had with the game. Any one else notice anything similar?

8. Grantpoole

Grantpoole Rookie

I haven't tried those two yet
    With the settings I've got now I've managed to change the straight line feeling from "violent shaking" to "slightly annoying vibration"
    But I've given up on getting rid of it completely

ddacoo likes this.
  9. Raikku

Raikku Racer

Anybody else has violent jerk in wheel(to left) when track has stopped loading and it comes to that session starting screen? It's better to have firm grip of wheel
    because otheriwise it snaps very fast to left about 45 degrees.

And do you use 900 or AUT in rotation. I have CSL P1-rim in my CSW v2 to use it on XB1.

10. NickA

NickA Rookie

For those of you that reduce the FFB via the wheel, I seem to remember reading ages ago on various forums (Maybe even the Fanatec site) that the wheel should be left in 100% FFB and then to reduce the setting in the game rather than directly on the wheel...

11. NickA

NickA Rookie

Yeah I'm with you on that. Still got some vibration and shaking when driving in a straight line but the game is much more playable after reducing the FFB down to 20 last night. Still some more tweaks to obtain something that I'm totally happy with. I just hope that once I settle on something I don't have to change the settings for various types of car!!!

Grantpoole likes this.
  12. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Gamer

Revised settings slightly

My settings at the moment
    FFB 45
    Curbs 20
    Road 20
    Slip 15
    Under steer on

On the wheel
    Sen 720
    FFB 55/50 - I do try the Auto but always end up using wheel ffb to add more weight as cant get the in game settings balanced

The knocking seems to be fanatic related as I had same in Dirt and in the end had to give the game up as I just couldn't enjoy it with the knocking

Grantpoole likes this.
  13. Blue_Pikmin

Blue_Pikmin Rookie

I read that, too.
    Low FFB on Wheel reduce every effect, not only the strong ones.

14. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Gamer

I did some searching on internet and came across a post from a game designer discussing the options like kerb ffb, road ffb (although they where called other things) and the up shot was that these where introduced for lesser wheels to increase ffb when the wheel's couldn't produce the effect.

So with that in mind and working on premise that the csw is a better wheel I turned all ffb settings off other than the main ffb and hey presto still get the feel and wheel weight but no clanking.

I am not fully finished but you can try both wheel 100 % game around 20% or vice versa but the whole feel is a lot better without the kerbs and road.

Still have to mess with slip (but assume this will be off as well in the end and that just leaves understeer - let me know what you think

15. Raikku

Raikku Racer

Are everyone already with 176-firmware in CSW (v2)? 250-driver beta-package released in June.

16. Pikmin

Pikmin Rookie

csw v2 with the light csl p1 wheel

FFB 30
    Curbs 50
    Road 25
    Slip 12
    Under steer off

On the wheel
    Sen AUT
    FFB AUT
    LIN off
    DEA off
    Dri 3

17. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Gamer

I am definately on 176 and 250 as it was updated by Fanatec when it went back under warranty

18. Grantpoole

Grantpoole Rookie

My latest settings
    FFB 30
    Curbs 0
    Road 0
    Slip 10
    Under steer on

On the wheel
    SEN auto
    FFB 100
    Sho 100
    Abs 100
    Lin off
    Dea off
    Dri off

Does anyone ever feel like sometimes under braking the throttle is still on a bit?
    At times it seems like the car is pushing against the brakes

19. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Gamer

Grantpoole - you are pretty much at where I am at present but I just cant get a handle on the Slip or understeer settings and have them set at zero/off - but probably need a longer stint at driving

I do change the SEN though and have had it as low as 360 on some cars - which is replicated in the car interior view with the car wheel which was pleasantly surprising

I concur that there does seem something off with the braking but I cant put my finger on it its as if the braking points are changing lap to lap and its to substantial to just be later braking effect and I am having to try and second guess braking pressure.

In general I do find a lack of feedback when braking

20. Davestone

Davestone Rookie

Has anyone else noticed I think the throttle comes in earlier in AC, it seems that my accelerator is full at about 10-20% of travel. I have forza elite pedal and can't adjust them.

21. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Gamer

I just think the throttle is a lot more sensitive than in other games and without calibration it does take a lot of getting used too

Davestone likes this.