1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic FFB Options Petition (e.g Min Force)

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by matt5687, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Banditvw

Banditvw Rookie

Can't see how this would help my g29 on ps4, not even sure how to do this !!
    Have you tried it ?

Sigurd615 likes this.
  2. matt5687

matt5687 Racer

Great that you got a response and thanks for feeding that back in the thread.

We all know this isn't an "issue" or "bug" as such. We are only asking for something that already exists on PC and would give us all one or two more options to tweak when looking for the perfect setup.

I don't think the suggestion will help no, but at least it's been suggested that the devs may have read the thread and may decide to act on it. Let's hope that's the case.

Banditvw likes this.
  3. MakaveliA7X

MakaveliA7X Hardcore Simmer

I have the g920 on xbox and I installed the latest firmware as soon as I got it because it squashed a few bugs .

All I had to do was plug in the wheel to a pc and it installed the logitech gaming app and from that app it said there was an update and I read the fixes and said sure and the rest is history

Hopefully that helps u bandit

4. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

Makaveli, I own a G920 too and haven't tried the firmware update cause I supposed it would make no difference, as I assume this new undesired FFB trait would be due to the lacking options requested here. Now I'm curious to know: Is your driving experience still the same after the 1.09 patch or are you also experiencing that FFB void in straights and at slow turns, despite the firmware update? If you feel it's still ok now, I'll sure give the firmware update a go!

5. MakaveliA7X

I must say I don't have a void in the middle only the slight left to right due to helical gear mechanism I assume but not on ffb side.
    I feel the feedback is better since 1.09 personally
    It looks like they removed single sided damping effects at low forces
    Maybe that's the kicker . also the going back to 900 dor going to dashboard I see I haven't noticed a problem but I'm on the new firmware lol
    Screenshot_2016-12-12-20-36-04.png

6. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

Well, that's good to know. Just to clarify, when I say 'void' I don't mean it's missing entirely; It's still alive but severely reduced, whereas before 1.09 I felt the FFB very solidly all over the middle section, in spite of the G920's helical gear. But thanks for the tip! As soon as I can I'll give it a go. I hope it works better with that!

7. MakaveliA7X

Ya its solid ... the only time i ever have hiccups it's when I'm stopped or just rolling pretty well stopped but it's because of the lack of MIN FORCE . we need this to make it more emersive but all and all the wheel on the new firmware is working flawlessay for me.
    I'm pretty sure if kunos ever tests the wheel it would be on latest firmware but don't quote me on that :rolleyes:

Pleite likes this.
  8. matt5687

matt5687 Racer

Minforce is a setting that is going to be different person to person. Just like frame rates or screen tear some people say they don't have it where others say it's very distracting.

The FFB is the same for everyone too but it's dependant on your wheel and personal taste whether you notice the need for min force.

This isn't a problem with AC. This is requesting the settings that exist on PC for good reason, else why have them?

9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

You either have feeling in the middle or you dont. :)

matt5687 likes this.
  10. matt5687

matt5687 Racer

Agreed.

All I'm saying is another guy with my setup could think all is perfect because it feels good to him therefore he's not going to see the need to even read this thread, even though we are both feeling the same thing it's how the individual perceives it.

11. MakaveliA7X

Yeah ur right that the ffb is a complete preference thing but the min force is a must I'd say.
    If u are parked engine running in real life u can't use 1 finger to rotate the wheel from lock to lock with no resistance that's the only grip I currently have with the ffb

12. matt5687

matt5687 Racer

I agree it's a must have but Im not sure about this:

The sim conveys the resistance of a power steering setup when stationary really well I think. Its easy to turn the wheel of a PAS car when stationary in real life.

I would like Min force because I prefer fairly light, detailed FFB but want the force to be immediate from centre, and then increase with load from there like it does perfectly already.

kofotsjanne likes this.
  13. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

Just for the record:

After the answer I got above from Arsen, where she implies the devs must be aware of this request, I asked her back if she could make sure the message would get to them. Her answer was as follows:

"No problem. We'll forward your feedback along and hopefully they will provide an update that'll make everybody happy shortly :) Have a fantastic week!

- Arsen
    505 Games Customer Support"

Ticket: https://support.505games.com/helpdesk/tickets/11047

matt5687 likes this.
  14. MakaveliA7X

Hmm maybe it's a g920 issue or something cause when I'm stationary I have no resistance what's so ever on the wheel it's like 0%gain then as I roll away at 5 kmh turning it cuts in and out from 0% to my setting of 45% which to me is not realistic but maybe a tm wheel works better in that situation?
    After 1.09 tho it has improved the rolling away issue , it's still there but not as much but stationary I got no resistance I could grab the wheel and spin it which is not what I have ever been able to do in a real car

What wheel do u have by chance?

15. matt5687

matt5687 Racer

Great work with the 505 ticket, really positive stuff.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    Pleite likes this.
  16. matt5687

matt5687 Racer

I have a t300. I definitely can't spin the wheel when stationary. I have to put effort into turning against the weight of the car on the tyres.

Maybe this is what we're talking about. Your wheel isn't able to receive the low force when stationary and so you don't feel it. No idea if that's the case but it would make sense.

paul_wev likes this.
  17. MakaveliA7X

Ya not too sure as I'm still pretty new in the wheel world but definitely have no resistance when staionary and min force would fix that I believe

18. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

I've updated the firmware for my G920 as suggested and my first impression is that the FFB is a little better now overall (thanks @makaveli). Even if the center still feels lighter than I would rather it was, I feel it's a little more solid now.

When the car is almost stopped at some very slow turn (as it happens at Rettifilo for example, the first chicane in Monza after the straight), it still feels awfully light; if completelly stopped, for some reason, FFB disappears altogether, as @makaveli points out - not the same effect of power steering, as it just gets nullified, 0% (would that be a Xbox issue on G920 only?). Ironically, the FFB in Project Cars is better under these circumstances, even if far worse in all other aspects. So, Min Force is a must!

But for those who own a Logitech wheel and are interested in giving the new firmware a go, follows below two screenshots indicating the site from where the app can be downloaded for both wheels. In the case of the G920 I'm sure thre's a new update, as it shows on screen when you plug the wheel on the laptop. As to the G29, you'll have to download the Gaming Software in order to find that out.

G920~01.png

G29~01.png

MakaveliA7X likes this.
  19. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

Fingers crossed, this gets included in the next patch alongside Custom Lobbies.
    Here's hoping.

matt5687 and Pleite like this.
  20. matt5687

matt5687 Racer

Yeah we can only hope. In the community blog posted today it says a big update is due next year so you never know what might be included.