1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties.
    Dismiss Notice

FFB Setting Dynamic Damping

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by ijac, Oct 13, 2018.

1. ijac

ijac Rookie

What does the Dynamic Damping in the FFB settings do?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals No FFB and settings reset (T300RS with CSPv3) Sep 13, 2018
    Screens & Videos G29 Wheel settings for Assetto Corsa (pc) No FFB Deadzone Aug 23, 2017
    Suggestions Gyro in FFB settings Mar 2, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Automatic FFB setting Jan 28, 2017
    Console Lounge My last request in 2016: Again, more FFB settings - Please! Dec 21, 2016
    Steering wheels discussions DOR and FFB settings help for TX 458 on Xbox 1 Nov 26, 2016
    Console Lounge Default FFB settings? Nov 23, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Thrustmaster T150/TMX FFB settings Oct 26, 2016
    Steering wheels discussions fanatec CSW v2 FFB drifting settings Sep 20, 2016
    Steering wheels discussions Default settings for FFB Sep 9, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions FFB settings Aug 28, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Wheel FFB settings completely gone after 'controller disconnected' Aug 27, 2016
    Steering wheels discussions T300 FFB settings Aug 27, 2016
    Console Lounge Can someone share the default FFB setting? Aug 27, 2016
    Steering wheels discussions G920 FFB SETTINGS Aug 26, 2016

3. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

AFAIK, it's an integrated FFB effect consisting of dampening and Gyro. Depending on the wheel being used, it stabilizes the steering behavior but, too much can adversely affect the detail and possibly, slow wheel response.

4. tow

tow Gamer

5. ijac

ijac Rookie

So how do you know what the best setting is for your wheel? Tinker with it until it "feels right"?

He sets it to 100 in the video. Is that a good starting point for all wheels?

I'm not familiar with the best approach for dialing in these kind of settings.

6. arkoudadis

arkoudadis Rookie

It depends on the wheel that you are using! For example if you are using a G27 (as i am using) 100% dynamic damping will result in a very unclear feedback! Personally i took it down to 0% and it feels much better!
    Gain 100
    Dynamic Damping 0
    Road ~40

Although i too need to experiment with it a more! It comes down to the wheel you using

7. mkotechno

mkotechno Racer

Long story short, if you have a weak wheel, G29, T300 etc... put the dampening to 0% because the wheel is already slow catching up with the game, so is already kinda dampened by itself.

But if you have a direct drive then is matter of preference, possibly between 50% and 150% to achive maximum rEaLiStiC results.

Or in other words: You want dampening ONLY if your wheel can actually rotate faster than the wheel (+ direction block etc) rotate IRL.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  8. sissydriver

sissydriver Hardcore Simmer

In the physics section there is a whole thread bout ffb.

9. tow

tow Gamer

Link please...

10. sissydriver

sissydriver Hardcore Simmer

11. Hany

Hany Alien

With my thrustmaster ts-pc race I put dynamic damping to 200% because i love the gyro effect. It didnt slow down my wheels reaction speed at all and is closer to ac1 now.

Profiler 70%
    Ingame gain 90%
    Min ffb 1%
    No road effect.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

After_Midnight, sherpa25 and McNappa like this.
  12. ijac

ijac Rookie

Thanks for the link sissydriver. I missed this discussion.

From page 26 of that thread Aris explains the Dynamic Damping setting as ...

"It gets the speed rotation of the wheels and the resulting gyroscopic effect. We advice to be on, but certain wheels might get too saturated, so lower it to your pleasure"

Fremen_78 likes this.
  13. sherpa25

sherpa25 Simracer

Yeah, can you guys share what you use? I've tried 0-100, and although it showed some difference, I'm not quite sure if it was also caused by adjustment of FFB gain... been playing between 80-100 in-game (w/ usual 75 in CP). Quite difficult to tell too if my wheel's clipping. Hope @Atle Dreier gets the chance to get his FFBclip work with ACC eventually :)

Edit: Didn't first refresh the page, ninja'ed by @Hany :) What gain do you have in your TM's Control Panel for your TS-PC (as I understand it's bit stronger than the T300)?

14. Hany

Hany Alien

Gain in the thrustmaster profiler is 70% (most linear output for that wheel)
    I went back to 100% dynamic damping, 0% makes me overcorrect too much and 200% is a tiny bit overdamped

WallyM, sissydriver and sherpa25 like this.
  15. Nd4spdvn

Nd4spdvn Gamer

On my TS-PC i use this:

"forceFeedbackGain": 0.69999998807907104,
    "steerScale": 1,
    "steerLock": 480, - also in TM CP
    "dynamicDamping": 1, - which is adaptive damping 100% in game
    "roadEffects": 0.059999998658895493,
    "minDamper": 0.30000001192092896,
    "damperGain": 1,
    "minimumForceFeedback": 0,

Basically same as in AC with the exception of steerlock which is 1080. All my driver TM CP vales are maxed out at 100%.

sherpa25 likes this.
  16. sherpa25

sherpa25 Simracer

Why do you set steering lock to 480?

17. Nd4spdvn

Nd4spdvn Gamer

Sorry, I missed the steering ratio in the car setup. A mistake then, but I cannot edit the post anymore. I am now at 1080 in both game and CP.

sherpa25 likes this.
  18. Typer

Typer Racer

How did you determine that 70% gives the most linear output for your wheel? I have recently updated from a knackered old G27 to a shiny new CSW 2.5 and have been a bit confused about which gain settings to adjust where. Not sure what settings I currently have (on holiday at the moment), but I did play about with them by feel. Would be good to have a more quantitative approach to setting them “right”.

19. ijac

ijac Rookie

Since I started his thread I thought I'd report back my findings. Thanks for the great info everyone! FFB feels much better now.

T300 wheel
    Gain - 83%
    Min Force - 7%
    Dynamic Damping - 0%
    Road Effects - 35%

20. :rolleyes:

21. TDS

TDS Alien

Fanatec CSW v2
    Driver:
    100% FFB
    900deg DOR

Wheel:
    Sen auto
    FF 100
    For 100
    Dri 001
    Sho 100
    Abs off
    Spr off
    Dpr 150

In-game:
    FFB - 80%
    Dynamic Damper - 50%
    min force - zero
    Road fx - zero
    DOR - 900deg

Feels good here, not ac1 level of detail on ffb but its rewarding and fun to drive, physics is awesome in ACC.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    Arlo likes this.