1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic FFB since the last update - thanks, it's sorted out

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by @P73, Jan 16, 2017.

1. @P73

@P73 Simracer

I'm very thankful for the vast improvement in FFB since the 1.11 update (Xbox, G920 wheel). I had read threads on this forum about how 1.09 had worsened the FFB (I thought the same), which even prompted some to request additional per car settings. Although it's never too much to have customizable settings, I believe this last update corrected all the undesired FFB effects brought about by the 1.09 patch; it feels again consistent all over the board, unlike before this last update.

That said, I'm glad to know this is a simulator that is constantly being taken care of, with continuous improvement and corrections whenever necessary. It's really fine that these guys seem to be restless when it comes to improving their sim, regardless of how long some things might take.

To me, AC is no doubt the best experience on console as it is, and we must not forget it's only beginning on this platform; when some of the important missing features (i.e. lobbies) are put in place, it will then consolidate it's position as the successful multi-platform sim we expect it to be.

I'm thankful to those who made this experience possible!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals CSL DD no FFB since ACC update v1.8.9 Jan 29, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals TM T300RS, no FFB since 1.8 [Resolved with driver update reinstall] Nov 24, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Driving Force GT FFB broken since update Dec 7, 2020
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues FFB on Fanatec basically gone since Patch Jul 20, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Loosing FFB Since Hotfix [USB hub problem] May 10, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals FFB is strange on Simucube 2 since 1.0.9 Sep 26, 2019
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Problem with FFB since reinstall AC Feb 23, 2018
    Console Lounge FFB softer since 1.12 Feb 13, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Loosing ffb since 1.3.4 and dreampack 2 Oct 28, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues No more ffb since 1.3 and dreampack 2 Oct 25, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Ffb problems since new dream pack update Mar 11, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Thrustmasters ffb feeling since the rc1.0 Oct 23, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Physics/FFB Feel Improved since update! Jun 6, 2014
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Thrustmaster ts-xw ffb on pc Feb 26, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting FFB is lost after going to the Menus Feb 3, 2024

3. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

Excellent to hear FFB´s got sorted for you, @P73 !
    Anyone else that got helped out, or maybe even somebody whose FFB got worse ?

@P73 likes this.
  4. Traks1

Traks1 Racer

Floaty centre zone on G29 got floatier. Steers o.k ish but barely any ffb can make car seem to "wander" along the straights. My 2p's worth.

5. @P73

@P73 Simracer

That sounds strange, as G29 and G920 are basically the same wheel and we can assume both PS4 and X1 are running the same FFB system. This floaty centre zone you mention was very pronounced to me as well, whereas now I can feel it's gone and is quite well again. Also, many cars felt dead 'light' when cornering at slow speed, and now they are livelier again.

My FFB settings are 90% for the master, 5% curb and 37% for both 'road' and 'slip'. Understeer effect is off. If your settings are very different from mine, maybe you could give this one a go just to check how it would feel for you. I could be wrong, but I'm almost sure my impression is not due to some post update placebo effect, as the difference I feel now is considerable.

I would welcome the feedback from more people who were also disappointed with how the FFB had been since the previous 1.09/1.10 patch, so they can say if they also feel it better now, after this last 1.11 update.

Thanks for your feedback @Traks1.

edit: I forgot to mention that there's a new firmware update for both the G29 and G920 wheels that impacts on performance. In case you haven't downloaded it yet, maybe it could be a good idea to do so as well. The new firmware is available at the Logitech's official site.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  6. Traks1

Traks1 Racer

I don't think I am the only with the floaty centre zone either. Perhaps others will weigh in shortly. There have been many calls for centre zone adjustment (as per PC) to be implemented though. Also, will be happy to be proved wrong but driver updates for g29 for PC use there may well be but I can find nothing that will affect console use.

@P73 likes this.
  7. Bazilews

Bazilews Rookie

Floaty centre zone its not game problem, its problem of the wheel g25, g27, g29 and g920. All of them have the same issue with floaty centre zone in any racing game in any platform (pc, xbox, ps)
    For example, thrustmasters and fanatec havnt that problem.

8. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

I've found the ffb disappears after changing car setups before a race, the wheel becomes totally lose. The only way to get it back is by unplugging the wheel then reconnecting it. This happens everytime. (g920)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Traks1

Traks1 Racer

Downloaded Logitech gaming software to PC last night (latest version obvs). Looked around but found nothing that changed/updated anything in the firmware of the wheel to effect ps4 console play.

@Bazilews, I kinda agree with you about that Logitech dead zone even without having had the opportunity to try Thrustmasters etc. The deadzone is and always has been there with my many Logitechs but in my experience to a greater or lesser degree depending on the game. I have Dirt rally too for example where it is less pronounced or at least less intrusive to gameplay than it is in AC's current 1.10 version which is in itself a little worse than version 1.03 and 1.09 before it. Just my opinion of course.

Also tried jacking "road" feel up. Didn't help and didn't like. FFB 60%, all else 0. I would just like to see the same centre zone, FoV and wheel/pedal calibration adjustments as the PC version of AC has and that my Logitech wheels had via the Logitech profiler some 8 years ago when I played sims on PC. Not a deal breaker if they don't. I'm happy enough as is but always even happier with a bit of basic improvement. Some of the omissions in this game caught me by surprise I'll admit and I live in hope of their eventual inclusion in this, the best "driving" game/application/sim on console.

10. @P73

@P73 Simracer

Sure the missing calibration / setting systems would be a great addition. They should indeed by on console as they're elsewhere no doubt, and maybe they will eventually come. As to the present feel of the FFB, my G920 still has those pronounced deadzone sensations when my Master Force is set to under 80%. The higher it goes from this point, the better it gets overall and that undesired floaty feel goes away; this is how I feel it, of course, meaning that your perception could be different.

My opinion though is that if you start gradually going up from the 60% where you are now, adding perhaps two points every week so you can grow used to the progressive weight, I believe you'll then at some point realize the dead zone almost vanishes (not entirely, because of the helical system ) and the overall sensation improves.

Traks1 likes this.
  11. Traks1

Traks1 Racer

I'll certainly give that a go though I don't want to be breaking out in a sweat every time I get on AC either ;)

@P73 likes this.