1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

FH4 goes gold

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Andrew_WOT, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

2. NWG.Slum

NWG.Slum Racer

What cars are in the Demo?

And as much as I love me some FH4, I just am not sure that they are committed enough to us actual Sim Racer Bros, you know. I have had tons of issues. And they are so obviously focused on the slowly dying and archaic AF console peasants and their controllers ughhhh. All I want is to do K swaps and Turbo Kits on my Honda's and drive around street racing fools in IRL traffic and what not. They have gone so far away from that, that it is just not that cool, or fun. I digress tho.

+1! Hopefully, we will have some time to test the demo out. We downloaded it on a few of the systems around here.

3. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

No idea what are you talking about honestly.
    It's just another good looking open world arcade racer. Playground Games have done wonderful job with FH3, hopefully sequel won't disappoint.
    Demo is free, btw, you don't have to pre-purchase or any of that crap.

BrunUK and nate like this.
  4. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Ha-ha. You must be new here, bro, or bruh, not sure how complex minded address each other. :)

Whitestar and nate like this.
  5. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Gawsh, this thing is pretty. Playground Studio outdone themselves. Truly stunning visuals, much better than FH3 and FM7. Superb clarity and details. solid 60 FPS, not a single hiccup with Ultra settings (no dynamic rendering) on 4K. Smooth like a butter. Eat this UE4. :)

There is a single problem though, seems like the audio devices detection is screwy, to start the demo I had to disable all of them in control panel. MS is looking into this.
    Anyway, for me it was Ultimate Edition instabuy. Easily the most gorgeous thing I've seen on my PC monitor.

6. TTM

TTM Alien

I also tested demo today and i’m very impressed. It’s beautiful and runs always perfectly. I probably have to buy this. :) I recommended to test demo at least.

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  7. plaid

plaid Alien

I would need to buy Windows 10 first, which either costs 100+€ or 10-20€ while Im not sure if its a good idea to purchase those. : /

Anyway, being bored by just watching videos from ACC (GT3's on the NS are fun, NürGP or Mug...feels like driving a van) I like the idea of a game like FH but Im not sure if I would enjoy the physics after having much fun with AC on Lake Louis or PCars2 on that english road track.

NWG.Slum likes this.
  8. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

They should show more respect to dry stone walls. Some of those will have stood for hundreds of years, and would easily take a hit from a McLaren Senna. It's also weird that it appears to be set in the 1950s. Don't think I spotted a single modern building while I played thorough the demo.

Very impressive visuals and performance though. Constant 60fps @2560x1440 and GPU barely above 50%.

NWG.Slum likes this.
  9. NWG.Slum

NWG.Slum Racer

10. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

i wish i could play it but i get stuck at an endless load screen and then it crashes, just another bad port it seems.

11. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Complete opposite for me. This is actually the first of any Forza game that I can run in surround, all previous ones CTD after the logo screens.

I had no expectation of it being playable at 7680x1440, but it's locked at 60fps and doesn't miss a beat. Am sure this must be due to the 'dynamic optimisation' but don't notice any reduction in image quality. Pretty incredible.

That said, I'm done with the demo. Have to start from scratch after every launch, which has got tiresome. Definite day one purchase for me tho.

12. NWG.Slum

NWG.Slum Racer

Wait so full Wheel/Pedal/Shifter support on demo?

Or are you sitting there with a controller and a 1440p Surround setup? Lol

13. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

This :)

Haven't tried the wheel yet, no idea if OSW is supported. Will check.

NWG.Slum likes this.
  14. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Disable all audio devices in control panel.
    OSW works same way as in FM7, you can map wheel and pedals but there is no FFB.
    Bastards. :mad:

Phil64 likes this.
  15. NWG.Slum

NWG.Slum Racer

I took your advice and trying it with controller on a 65 inch 4K HDR QLED, and 21:9 Ultrawide LOL.

Have not even messed with the wheel yet.

16. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

I managed to make the game work and wow it is actually optimized and I get 80 fps all on high with no hitching or stutter.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

17. isamu

isamu Racer

I'm all over this game on day one! Less than two weeks baby!

18. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Has anyone bought this and tested? Looking at both DigitalFoundry and Hardware Unboxed it seems incredibly well optimized. Wonder what the ffb and general car handling feels like.

19. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

you dont have to buy it to test it.

1.you have a demo to test with a pretty incredible benchmark tool.

2.you can get 14 day free game pass on win 10 store and play FH4 for free.

i installed it with the free game pass but yet to test the full game.
    i tested the demo and the game is so much more optimized then fh3.

ffb wise, i tried fh3 with a wheel and it was terrible, not sure about fh4 and fm7.

20. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

7680x1440, dynamic optimisation at Ultra, never dips below 60fps or stutters. Think it might be the most optimised game I've ever played.

No opinion on FFB, I'm strictly gamepad for this.