1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

First impressions and feedback

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by aotto1977, Sep 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

I find the FFB really similar to R Factor 2.
    The Understeer and weight transfer is great and it is really cool that I am not able to catch the car yet if I lose grip yet so I will need to relearn from scratch this.

I really do hope the FFB remains as it is and it does not get tweacked by fake effects.

2. Same feeling for me too; probably a big part of this bad feeling is due to my habit of driving in VR and in open wheel cars. In these GTs the rollbar and in general the view from the cockpit is too limited to drive properly.
    Waiting for VR support andd see.....

magzire likes this.
  3. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

I am very confused by some's negative response of the FFB. I always felt RF2 was the holy grail of FFB, but I think ACC might be taking the title in my eyes. There is a real feeling of mass and inertia that although present in other sims, is nowhere near as good as in ACC. The other thing is how you can actually feel the tires compressing, then bouncing back and giving way. I had a giddily happy moment when I got into a low speed spin and travelling laterally, could feel the tires biting, then hopping and sliding.

the one thing I don't really understand is how counter-steering to save a slide, hardly does anything. A pretty minor slide, then putting in full opposite lock and the *** just keeps going around. I would have expected at least a tank slapper in that scenario. Who knows though, maybe that's what happens on slicks in real life, but it's very different to all other sims.

Salad Fingers and Diablo_rf like this.
  4. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

Use bonnet view (F1 key), it's much much better, until they implement seat adjustment.

5. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

We believe the main issue is that the widely used T500 results very damped and pretty flat in terms of FFB.
    Other wheels are reacting as we expected (everything can be improved of course) and giving proper results.

We are investigating the T500 FFB issues, thank you for your patience

6. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

Could the T300 be related to this also? Because after trying various settings I'm struggling to "feel" what the car is doing half the time, the feel is there but certainly numbed down and almost lifeless.

7. I'll try the bonnet cam; better, yes, but i cant drive anymore without VR sadly.

Micii1 likes this.
  8. Demo

Demo Racer

My config:

Intel i5-3470
    16GB RAM DDR3 Corsair
    Nvidia 1070 8GB DDR5

I tried 1 hour in total, interrupted by some change in all the settings.

FFB seems to be ok, I like the way you feel the weight of the car, but it needs to improve, AC's FFB it's even better for now.
    Sound is very cool, a lot of improvements, well done!

Graphics, for me it's very demanding!
    It runs well at high details in practice, between 70-100 fps.
    I have problems in the race mode, I tried with a grid of 20 cars and starting from the bottom of the grid.
    At the beginning it is constant on 60fps then after the green light, on the straight, frames drop tremendously even if the counter indicates about 55 fps but a actually i think that they are 5-10 fps.

I will have to try with the night session and the rain. I'm afraid it could be unplayable.

9. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

[Deleted]

I feel it is unfair to write the things I did. This is Day One Early Access and I believe I was being way too critical and I think we all need to take a deep breath and relax. At least, I believe I need to.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    MAD MICK and D.Jankovic like this.
  10. VTX

VTX Gamer

I have the same issue. In the race, FPS stays at 60, but it becomes worse than a slideshow. Like 1 frame per 3 seconds or something like that. Decided to open task manager on an extra monitor. It show around 70-80% usage in hotlap mode. In race mode it is at a contant 100%, so I guess the issue is not with the GFX (GTX 770) card, but with the CPU. I also have an old i5, so I guess it's time to upgrade.

Which bring me to the following question: Would an i5-8400 be sufficient to run a full field without a problem (not hitting 100% cpu usage)?

11. Aristotelis

Nah, as long as things are expressed politely and are logical and argumented properly, there is no problem at all.

12. Aristotelis

That's strange though. One thing that always noticed is that the UE engine is very smooth even at very low FPS. Could you please try to switch between fullscreen and windowed mode from the options/video settings? thanks

13. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

What are you talking about? There is seat adjustments in the FOV settings.

14. VTX

VTX Gamer

This is in full screen mode. But my cpu is really old: i5 750. In windowed mode the menu is unusable for me: < 10 fps.

15. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Feedback on FFB seems quite controversial - some like it some hate it. I guess those who considered AC FFB as a pinnacle might not like ACC FFB that much (even if it was possible to reduce damping).
    ACC provides tighter force in center and overall more vibrations/variations when tire gets crushed sideways into bumps of asphalt. While AC FFB normally is quite weak in center, then progressively tightens up in a fashion resembling as some refer to a spring and drop back to low forces when attacking corners at higher slip angles - though it depends on suspension geometry. I would say that in general ACC FFB is closer to RF2 now (just with higher damping on top) or even PCARS2 (except that ACC feels consistent throughout the track without fiddling).

Relevant comments regarding FFB from RD by kondor:
    https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...arly-access-review.159232/page-6#post-2826656
    https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...arly-access-review.159232/page-7#post-2826678
    https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...rly-access-review.159232/page-10#post-2826839

Realistic or not I think it's a must to leave some settings for user to adjust like damping, gyro and even filter like it's possible in AC. This could be done in config files if bloating UI with too much settings is an issue. However this can lead to continuous rabbit hole of FFB discussions as seen in pcars2 thread, where realism vs more feedback was a repetitive topic.

Diablo_rf likes this.
  16. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Tracks – the rolling frontier… And so a new voyage begins!

Things I like in release 1:

The sounds. Raceroom standard, and then some more: that says something. Awesome. Note that you can listen to the cockpit sounds in AI cars as well, when switching cockpits in replays.

Headlight effects in replay from trackside camera. Best such effects since Dirt Rally. Stunning!

The way it looks on the rims of the windshield when there is real heavy rain: the water drops and wipers forming the typical water patterns there, the distortion in view, and this especially at night . Much more than I expected.

Riding the bronco on hot coals when driving in heavy rain. I will never become a competitive driver in such conditions, but dancing with the car around and always being on my toes, is fantastic. They exceeded my hopes.

The cars look good as ever!

The feel of going over the kerbs and running the risk of compromising grip, even more so when the outside tyres go from kerb onto the green. If kerbs would be completely unfelt, like in so many other games, it would be pointless to place them in real life. They get placed for a reason: to make themselves felt. In ACC, they feel just about right.

The AI, when it works. Very aware, pressing, but never unfairly slamming into me, and not as pacifist as in AC. Still, I think the AI in RR has the edge.

More trackside details at Nürburg. I do not know and canot judge the realism, but obviously there is more detail and „life“ than in AC. I would wish for some more life in the dark, I mean a bit more lights takign place on the stands, whcih in darkness mostly are blakc holes, it seems. No overdone effects, but I think even at night races the stands are manned by the crowds, or not?

And of course: the general feeling of driving an AC/C car. It simply is unique. In nother sim I know cars feel so much like real cars.

-------------------------

What I did not like so much:

The design of the menu. Options for my taste are too much all over the place, the design and letter size is too tiny, the space is not used well, item categories sometimes are not properly spatially separated, its all – well I say it best in German: it sometimes is „eine kleinteilige, mühselige Fitzelei“. I like the AC menu much better: clear lines, clear structure, clear separation, visually ergonomic sorting. Its straight in AC. In ACC, its lacks all this. I do not really like the game menus.

Broken AI. The car trains are back. The AI does not overtake slow cars, or cars that have broken down. The AI runs out of fuel. Obviously bugs, no game features, I know. But it brought back bad memories from the drama with the AI in AC, where it took ages to cut through the Gordian knot. I hoped to never see that show again, but ACC gives the feeling of deja vu.

The hardware recognition for wheel and pedals did not work reliable for me, and when it was recognised, I had to remap buttons several times, between reboots of the game the earlier template was lost. I hope, when I reboot again in a few minutes, that at least the saved template now will be there indeed. Last time it just gave me a default setup. Something is weired in there.

By design, it seems they once again want to make button mapping as complicated and limited as possible. Same old mistake like in AC. Do not try to make it better by making it different, Kunos: do like the others do since twenty years: every (EVERY!) function listed , and two columns behind each function: one for a keyboard command, one for an hardware device button. Right now it always says „hardware XYZ“, I need to hover the mouse pointe rover it to see the actual mapping – why this totally needless, pointless compluication, it makes it impiossible to have a quick overlook! What there is now, I find terrible. And I have doubts it works like it should by its own design. Keep it simple. In this detail, simplicity means efficiency. No experiments. Keep it finally simple.

Trees seem to lack variation, look a bit toy-like. While scenery seems to offer more detail in artifical structures and „life“, the green to me is a step backwards, compared to AC. Same to be said about bushes.

Obviously a bug, but still, I took a sting from it: broken lights. In race with AI cars, they are faulty, in hotlap and hotstint, they seem to reliably work.

---------------

It should be clear that I think the positive by far outweighs the negative. I expected something exceptionel from Kunos, and nothign less they seem about to deliver. Bravo! Excellent! Formidable start!

----------------

Questions:

What is that ultraviolet glow in cockpit in the darkness, where is that coming from?

I drove the same car on the same track in dry weather and with VR in AC the two days before release. In ACC now, I drive the same combo – and am 3 seconds faster. Default setups in both cases. I checked again in AC, this time with monitor instead VR: and am 3 seconds slower again, so VR or monitor driving means to difference for my driving. In ACC, I again am 3 seconds faster afterwards. - Comments?

What does FFB gain exactly mean, I mean what does it exactly do, and what is the recommended setting? CSL Elite PS4 here.

How to switch on fps counter if there is any?

I am confused by the various light modes, and I have no clue why the topright corner display in the windshield blinks as well. Mind you, I have no big knowledge abiout real world racing regulations.

Once again, the absence of any written text file serving as a manual and listing all what is to be known about options, settingsk what they do, what they are. Did not like the absence of that in C, will not like it in ACC either. There has to be such a documentation, where all info players could ever ask for, is stored: in one place, and updated with every new patch, upgrade, release. Not having that, knows no reasons, only excuses. - I come from a time when such things even were delivered in printed format, can you imagine!? Needing to dig for and collect such info from all over the web, I take extremely queer. - Whether oyu write it and place it on web sites, or in a doc-file and place it, constantly updated, in the next uodate patch, means you have wo write it once anyway: either on the web, when people ask time and again, or in a doc file. The job and working time is the same.

--------------------

Other things:

I would like to be able to see the TC and aBs settings I chnage in s small text line at the top, so that I cna alter them while being not in cockpit mode and watchign the display. Or a flashing info over the gear app in the right bottom corner. Something like that.

I am ndecided on what to make of the general visual impression of the track. The trckside obeject density seems to have been increased, but somehow, at dry daylight, the scenery nevertheless looks dull and lull, like an old engine, I must admit I still like the visual impression the track gives in Raceroom better.

The text box at race start moved up, more to the rim of the monitor. Right now it obstructs the view.

Map, and especially the HUD in the top right corner, the medals things, are too obstructive for my taste. At the same time, the microscopic font size of the text line saying „agrreesive, but good“ etc, is too tiny. I think in VR you are unlikely to see it anyway. I would prefer to have more freedom in arranging placement and size of the various „apps“. And yes, I miss the old app design from AC, it was ingenious.

I am a victim of luxury. I must admit the coms do not live up to the must have app by Mr. Belowski.

Regarding replays, Gran Turismo Sports is the to-ask title. Just saying. Their choice of trackside camera perspectives is looking most realistic. ACC does this good - but GTS does it better.

I hope to see the option to increase the flow of time, to have a faster day-night light transition.

I also hope to see later on, for dynamic weather, the option design like in PC: where you could define not just start and end point of a weather change, but even in between could set up to two target stages, so that you could not just have weather transformation from sunny to rain or foggy to clear, but something like foggy-rain-cloudy-clear over the going of the race.

Is „fog“ even on the weather list?

-----------

Good start, Kunos. Good start.

liakjim and D.Jankovic like this.
  17. Demo

Demo Racer

Yeah, i'm afraid it's time to upgrade for me too.

But I don't know why the fps counter does not go down and why the problem is only in the straight. I remember in AC, I had a similar problem in Monza at the Prima Variante but with a much AI cars and in that case the fps counter of the game clearly indicated the drop.

18. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

The whole environment: Nothing special indeed. And still are missing lots of thing, for example, on main s/f straight, there is a drain and stones all the way in RL, in Acc not (same was missing in Ac).

[​IMG]

Image was taken from this weekend's DTM race. Just an example.

There are other things too, and some are different as in RL.

Btw, anyone knows is there a free flying camera, as it is in AC (F7 key)?

Trees: horrible
    Tarmac details: worse than AC
    Sky: Ok
    Rain: OK, but strange water spray behind, ita like the water would come out of the ground with spaces (each 20 to 30 meters each cloud)

Curbs: almost no ffb from them and using best gear from Fanatec

UR4 engine: way worse than AC engine... On low details it looks like a game from early 2000 (not acceptable)

Setup screen: hmm, dont know, but worse than in AC and slider bars are missing (only a mouse click available and not sure where are min and max settings)

Menus: crap, cannot even compare with AC, way way worse and unclear

Button in setup screen: why not having all 3 button, save, load and delete (and not a slider to move between all options)

magzire likes this.
  19. Darren Marsh

Darren Marsh Racer

I can't believe the setup still reverts to default every time you load the car (and sometimes in the same hotlap session when you reset, which I assume is a bug)

Do the devs think that when people spend time tweaking setups that they would want to keep going back to default? People make setups because they don't want the default so why keep making them go back to it?

AC had the same flaw so I assume it's by design rather than early access limitation. Surely it's not that hard to reload previous settings from a temp setup or at least reload the last loaded setup.

Haiden773 and Jynnantonix like this.
  20. BigFW

BigFW Racer

Just had time for my first 30 minute session this morning. This is my first Early access and initial impressions are ok. Its early access!! Though I read the race Department article and I'm not sure I can see where a lot of that comes from. I presume they had a different build.

FFB on a G920 is not so good but you can feel that there is plenty more to tune in and I only gave it 30mins so we have a better fiddle with the options available. Someone commented as on par with rF2. Not sure what wheel that was on but if I can get that I'll be over the moon. rF2 is great on a G920. Though I'm looking to get a CSL Elite so might be a moot point in a month or so.

Performance for me was on par with other titles with 20 cars in the dark so pleased with that. (Max settings at 1080p single monitor). Not tried rain yet so some probably further tuning required when that kicks on.

So overall the first few minutes did not blow me away. However, I'm itching to get back in there and start tweaking what we can. No doubt there is a solid base in their. Looking forward to seeing Kunos apply their magic.

Kunos's dedication and passion makes buying in at EA a no brainer for me.