1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Footage [real] For 908 LH & 917 K Hype

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Seria17hri11er, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Dodge33cymru said in the news thread:

So I did just that! Filmed in 1971, starring Steve McQueen, the 917 K, the 908 LH and other models.

Well, I decided it would be a good technical exercise for me to enhance the colors of the film, and enhance the audio. Plus, there was no English version on YouTube :)

Here is a quick before and after comparison--if you watch it, watch it in full screen, as it's quite a subtle change:

Here is the film, with details listed beneath it, or you can check the YouTube description if you are interested in what I did.

You see, back then the film used in the cameras captured the spectrum from red to yellow very strongly, but the rest of the colors were a little flat, and the shadows and blacks were a bit dark. So I corrected for that.

I also enhanced the audio. The gain was a little low, so I normalized it and brought it up. It sounded good around the mid range, but the lower and higher frequencies sounded flat.

I used an equalizer, and increased the gain of the frequencies around 150-250 Hz, and also increased the gain of the frequencies at 4500 Khz and above.

marmagas, Coanda, pollinho123 and 6 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Any footage of Assetto running on Xbox one X ? Nov 17, 2017
    Screens & Videos "Rare footage", Ferrari F40 Showreel at Imola Racetrack -1987 May 27, 2017
    Console Lounge Where is the XBOX One footage? Jul 18, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Audio and video footage May 7, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Real-life motorsport footage (onboard PoV preferred) Apr 23, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Aris vs Luca track battle onboard footage Mar 8, 2016
    Screens & Videos Displaying footage question. Mar 5, 2015
    Screens & Videos [SimDevotion] od_rotipil's Footage Thread May 12, 2014
    Screens & Videos How Awesome is Dorifto Mt.! Footage of my 5th run up... May 3, 2014
    Chit Chat Room First Proper LaFerrari Test Drive Footage via SportAuto...WOW! Apr 29, 2014
    Screens & Videos 7 Minutes of raw drift footage! M3 E30 @ Silverstone International Mar 13, 2014
    Screens & Videos Vallelunga Club in 1 drift - raw footage of 5 laps Mar 3, 2014
    Screens & Videos Drift footage Feb 16, 2014
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa Gameplay Footage and Monetization Dec 8, 2013

3. dodge33cymru

dodge33cymru Simracer

If you could make it 4 hours longer and get rid of the bits with the talking, then it would be even better again.

Two other great videos from 1970 here:

pons and Mogster like this.
  4. DM2zzion

DM2zzion Hardcore Simmer

I've watched it on blu-ray yesterday - 1080p and 7.1 Sound :D
    I think I'm fine but kudos for your efforts.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  5. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

Nice work squire. :)

The Ferrari's look and sound so much better than the Beetles though don't you think ? ;)

6. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Such awesome tracks.

Brands
    Historic Spa
    Nordschleife
    Historic Monza road course
    Historic Le Mans
    Targa Florio
    Oesterreich Ring

:cool: What a calendar.

Seria17hri11er and Nikkel like this.
  7. dodge33cymru

dodge33cymru Simracer

Watkins Glen ;)

Seria17hri11er and Mogster like this.
  8. Protoduct

Protoduct Hardcore Simmer

Looks really good! You did a great job. Is the violet(ish) color caused by the film being used or a style preference?

9. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Watkins is a classic venue with lots of international motorsports history but it's not the Nordschleife, historic Spa or the Oesterreich ring is it?

10. Thanks bud.

On sound; honestly, I will have to go back through and pay better attention :p. I was quite focused on the color and sounds as whole and never distinguished one car sound from the other :eek:

Thank you!

On 3 separate monitors--2 of which have been calibrated manually--I am not seeing an overall violet tone.
    Note, these aren't professional grade monitors, and I've used tools like this: http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/
    and Quick Gamma to calibrate the 2 I own.

Is the violet across the entire image? Or do you see it only in, highlights, or shadows, or blacks?

Also, did you watch the very first "Before & After" video above. Is it present before and after, or only after?

Thanks.

11. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

It was just a comment to provoke some sort of reaction from the Pork lovers, nothing serious ;)

12. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Thank you for the video. I am really looking forward to watching this. I am also seeking some info on the 917 & 908 gearbox which is what led me to this thread. From what i know the 917 had a 4 & 5 speed and the 5 speed is a h-pattern dogbox. I believe the 908 also has a 5 speed however i am not sure if it is also a dogbox. Is it? To me visually the 3d shifter in both cars in AC look like they are sequential. Why is that so?

Any info would be appreciated ;)