1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Formula 1 skin mods removed from RaceDepartment after Copyright claim

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Epistolarius, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/removed-mods-deleted.104579/page-31#post-2210163
    http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/f1-skins-removed-from-ams.119505/
    http://www.pcgamer.com/unlicensed-formula-1-mods-ordered-to-be-removed/

So I'm a bit late with this but I haven't seen anything about this on this forum within the last week and several searches didn't bring anything up either, I'm a bit surprised no one here picked up on it. I apologise if I overlooked that it was covered in posts within another general thread already.

Major gaming news outlets are reporting on Formula One World Championship Ltd. taking down some F1 mods for several games again, seemingly random or if mods directly referred to F1 in the titles. This has nothing directly to do with Assetto Corsa in itself but given there are quite a few F1 mods for the game and AC outright breathes modding it's certainly an interesting topic. And given that those mods were all free as well as free advertisement for F1 I just have to shake my head at this. Personally I'm a huge fan of replica liveries and rights owners cracking down on small free mods would be pretty frustrating if it was about cars and liveries I like. And this doesn't have exactly great implications for modding in general.

PS: Holy ****, "Pretend Race Cars" is a credible news source now apparently... but at least this is a legit topic. The less I read about that website the better.

Edit: forgot a letter.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    Gustv90, Seria17hri11er and Torcano like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Liveries Matt Powers Formula Drift 2012 & 2013 Skins for MrTitan S14 Drift Mod! Apr 15, 2016
    Liveries 2012 formula pilota skinpack Aug 28, 2015
    3D car models Clean & simple formula abarth skins Feb 9, 2015
    3D car models Formula classic - lotus t99 skin Jun 28, 2014
    3D car models Formula k-skin template Jun 28, 2014
    3D car models Rsr formula 3 v2.0 + skinpack 2k and 4k [new version!!! updated on 06.01.16] Jun 26, 2014
    General modding discussion Changing the skin of the Formula K Jun 21, 2014
    Liveries FORMULA DRIFT SKIN PACK Jun 1, 2014
    Liveries www.exclusiveracingseries.nl skin formula abarth May 30, 2014
    Liveries Formula Abarth 2013 Skins (WIP) May 26, 2014
    Liveries Marls Skin thread-*WIP M3 E30 Formula D - D Yoshihara ~9* May 2, 2014
    Liveries Tatuus Formula Abarth (Carbon skin) Jan 4, 2014
    Liveries formula abarth caterham 2013 f1 skin Nov 30, 2013
    ACC User Interface Red Bull Ring - real world lap record from Formula 1 Jan 25, 2024
    Online Leagues / Championships room Looking for a Streamer for ACF1 Formula 1 Championship Oct 11, 2022

3. Torcano

Torcano Alien

[​IMG]

F1 administration in a nutshell. :rolleyes:

Finally, it's a good thing I don't make exact real world liveries and stick to my own fantasy replicas. YOU CAN'T CATCH ME COPPERS!!! NYAH!!1

4. Gustv90

Gustv90 Racer

What they want? Appear less with ultra arcade master of codemasters or have FREE advertising in decent race games?

That sounds like wanting to make money anyway, meanwhile, the main category of motorsport is lost. After all, how can the main category of motorsport have half the grid with financial problems? It's funny ... and still want more money, tell me for what? Help teams? Oh, of course... and deleting simple skins content?

Right... the day that F1's shares have a new distribution, we talked about because it is not acceptable that only 48% go to the teams, while the other 52% go into the pockets of the CVC. The F1 is morally bankrupt, but of course, the solution is to remove skins content, it certainly solves all your problems.

5. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

6. Ferdi

Ferdi Hardcore Simmer

Yes and no.

It's a case of distributing trademarked material. Taking a picture is fine, even creating a livery is perfectly fine, as long as you don't distribute it. When you start printing your pictures on posters and start selling them or even handing them out for free you'll be hearing from the FOM fairly quick.

I don't like it either but that's the way it is sadly, when people can get F1 mods and skins readily available for other games they might already own, that means less sales of officially licensed games.

Mogster and sacredaardvark like this.
  7. will-aus

will-aus Gamer

Could it be that they have an obligation to codemasters under their current contract as they are the (only) ones who pay for the right to have the F1 content in their games?

Edit: just saw the above post. Yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Dutchyfutch

Dutchyfutch Hardcore Simmer

F1 is dying .

Ufo aka Juggalo and marcocale like this.
  9. Ferdi

Ferdi Hardcore Simmer

Long live WEC

10. Horus

Horus Alien

Take it off of free to air give it to an monopoly that can charge whatever it like and leave life long fans out (in the UK, SKY has all the rights and a few droppings are left for free to air). Being a supporter of Liverpool FC, I would not give a rotten dog turd to News Corp, the lies and abuse of dead and dying Liverpool fans was shocking and as we have found out totally wrong and unforgivable. F1 is turning into a pathetic joke on all fronts, the qualifying for Australia was more proof if we needed it. Taking down fan art/skins/mods is a vast waste of time and energy unless you want to remove even more of your fan base. Let's face it finishing a championship in a country that really has no atmosphere, in comparison to Interlargos, is a poor joke. ROSE WATER!!!! Feck off!! Better not mention the human rights abuses, instead focus on fan made mods and skin deletion.

On a side note did Bernie eat the other six dwarfs?

P.S. Am I correct in thinking that in Germany you can pay for a premium service or watch sporting events with adverts from freeview?

Ace Pumpkin and osy1950 like this.
  11. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

This is nothing new. The main issue with F1 mods is they more often than not advertise their stuff like the second coming. With copyrighted material, that is taking chances.

"Pour vivre heureux, vivons cachés" ;) (to live happy, keep your head down)

Horus likes this.
  12. burrito

burrito Alien

Another thing the FOM boardroomer's spend time on instead of firing themselves and actually fixing the structure of a dying sport.

But on the bright side, we only have to endure another few years of this. No way will any new contracts between the teams and Bernie/FOM happen if F1 carries on like this up to 2020. So new F1 for the win. Until then it's best to laugh at how out of touch the masters of the sport are and wait for impending implosion of a sport that has been run inefficiently for 30 years.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  13. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Technically you can but posting those images on social media would get you in-trouble.

You are fine as long as it's for personal, private and non-commercial purposes. I know it's been answered but I thought you might be interested to read the actual conditions of entry.

2015 FORMULA 1 SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX CONDITIONS OF SALE & ENTRY

http://singaporegp.sg/images/pdf/2015-SGP-tnc.pdf

6.1 Ticket Holders must not make, create, store, record or transmit any kind of sound recording, visual footage or audio-visual footage of, at or in relation to the Race (“Recording”), or store, record or transmit any information or other data, including official timing, results, performance, telemetry, weather or race control data of, at, or in relation to the Race (“Data”). Unless authorised by SGPPL in writing, Ticket Holders must not bring into or use within the Circuit Park any equipment that may enable a person to do the aforementioned acts. Personal electronic devices (including still image cameras, mobile telephones and other personal communication devices) are permitted within the Circuit Park unless otherwise advised, provided that any Recording, Data and any image, including photographic images and any still pictures derived or capable of being derived from a Recording of, at or in relation to the Race (”Image”) that is recorded, stored and/or created thereon is used for personal, private and non-commercial purposes only (which does not include use in social media).

14. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Come at me, Bernie! Posted a pic of an F1 car when it says no photography allowed. Also touched it quite sensually even with the no touching sign. 1v1 me behind the bins m8! (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

[​IMG]

15. Turk

Turk Alien

As far as the management in F1 are concerned they're making things better because they're making more money. They see the switch from FTA BBC coverage to PPV Sky coverage as a success because they're making twice as much money, it doesn't matter that they've halved the viewing figures at the same time. They probably see that as a good thing because they're getting more per viewer.

The bottom will fall out of F1. They've eroded the fan base to the point it won't be able to handle any more disasters.

F1 management only seem to know how to make things worse.

Ferdi likes this.
  16. Horus

Horus Alien

@Torcano you missed your opportunity to take the photo whilst touching it. Now you ask us to trust you, I don't think we can after that rule breaking story. Torcano, I don't think I can ever forgive you. Think of the kids! THINK OF THE KIDS! :shakes head walking into the sunset: :D

Torcano likes this.
  17. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Oh noOoOoOoO!!!! I have brought shame upon my family indeed. There is only one honorable option left... Goodbye cruel world. *commits seppuku*

18. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

19. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

Crazy!

I hope this doesn't affect AC.

20. Garry Vale

Garry Vale Racer

He only ate five, Jean Todt ( the other poisoned dwarf) is still alive.

Gustv90 likes this.