1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

'Formula E could introduce eSports series after Las Vegas event'

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Epistolarius, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Might be of interest for some. Sim racing eSports seems to have had a bit of an uptick in mainstream popularity this year (together with the GT Academy of the recent years and the upcoming FIA license for GT Sport). Audi also held a 24hr race in Forza of all things. AC has the players, certain technology features (like hybrid and other dynamic systems) and major licenses, with some more work on racing features in the future eSports in AC could be quite successful. Time for some leagues to step their game up perhaps. What do you think?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127594

The Vegas eRace with rFactor 2:
    http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2016/september/formula-e-stars-set-for-1m-vegas-esports-race/
    http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/esports/vegas-erace/

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Online Leagues / Championships room Olympus Racing Introduce 2.4 hours of Nordschleife GT3 Maddnes! 14th March! Saturday at 3:04 AM
    Suggestions Introduce a formula 3 like car Nov 29, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Fog - How to introduce it in clear weather Sep 15, 2017
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Has update 1.10.2 Introduced Checksum Errors? Nov 24, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds v1.81 introduced a problem with Launcher Aug 30, 2016
    Chit Chat Room AMD introduces Radeon RX480 Jun 1, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Did kunos secretly introduced Night ? Mar 10, 2016

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Your regular pub race start:

Go to 16:00

pollinho123 and Epistolarius like this.
  4. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

With 10 being fully excited and 0 being falling asleep.

Watching real life Formula E : 1

Participating eSports Formula E race : 2

Watching eSports Formula E race : -1000

I honestly do not understand what is going on here. Who is watching except maybe the guys' close friends ? Where is the revenue?o_O

5. I'm similar :)

6. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Video games are about participating rather than spectating.

7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Alot of people like to see others play video games, just look how big twitch is. :)

8. pollinho123

pollinho123 Simracer

I get the concept but I don't really like it. I mean taking the Formula E cars is an obvious choice if you brand it Formula E, but those cars are pretty meh in real life, so something more exciting would have been cooler anyways. I've actually watched a few broadcasts of simracing stuff lately and those can be entertaining, but it's a niche without a doubt and there are already some quite established leagues, so even with the official branding they are going to have an hard time.
    But yeah bring it on, I'd give it a try.

Watching broadcasts of simracing races isn't the same as driving yourself and that argument could be used with pretty much anything. I mean lots of people play their sport and watch the same sport on tv, I don't see why that shouldn't be the case in a virtual activity. I get that simracing is based on a real thing, namely real world motorsport, but as long as that doesn't change, I can't complain.

9. Mogster

Mogster Alien

If I was going to watch it'd have to be an interesting scenario.

Current drivers recreating a historic event like the Targa Florio... current F1 drivers driving 1986 F1 cars...

10. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

people say f1 is boring but are willing to watch someone sit with toy racing wheel and play a **** mod on rfactor , so lame.

11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I think all formula E would be good for is providing safety cars for other series. LOL at how lame that RF2 mod makes even the lamest real world racing class look even worse then it actually is. Its so slow, the mod looks like junk and the track seems to have been made using crayons and microsoft paint.

Formula E is the only series that would be beaten by just about any car the spectators turned up in, I cant imagine any reason why they even have wings on those cars as there would be no downforce at those lame speeds and to top it off, this extreme speed and performance they need 2 cars to finish the race when 1 person on a pushbike with no stops would likely win the race. Imagine a speed comparison in formula E, they would need a grandma in a mobility scooter and a little kid on his BMX to find something they would catch giving them a start.

Now they choose this for some form of e-sport class when all the drivers in the series are only there because someone must be paying to try push this crap out to the masses. I sure hope they didnt pay for the RF2 mod as just like it makes formula E look worse then it is somehow they even made RF2 look worse then it is which is a fair effort too. Gravity races with redbull are more entertaining then this series and they are true zero emission vehicles so even greener then needing 2 silly cars per driver to race at walking pace up someone's drive way for sprint race. A suzuki swift would complete the race in about 15 minutes I think but these amazing machines likely take over an hour, now try turn this goodness into sim heaven so good luck to all involved. :D