1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Forum console version, console lounge not for console players?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Rickredrick, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Rickredrick

Rickredrick Gamer

I recently purchased the PS4 version of AC. Having a question re assists I posted it here. A dozen or so "Similar Threads: Forum console" appeared before I even posted the questions, some of which would probably have answered my questions, but if I clicked on them I just got an error message saying "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action." I get the same message if I try to post in places that seem appropriate for my questions. When some answers eventually appeared to my question they were all from PC users who didn't have or know the console version and the help they kindly tried to give did not apply to the console version. I suppose I received no answers from console users because they have twigged that despite it's name this forum is not for us. Could somebody tell me where we should go for help? I would like to again thank the PC users that tried to help and wonder that so many users of the PC version peruse the console forums's console lounge and answer a thread by a poster labeled as a PS4 user.

What is the purpose of having a console section of the forum with a console lounge if console players are not allowed to use it?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Moderator - Need ACC console forums Jun 23, 2020
    Console Lounge Smacking the Console Children - PRC exposes the AC forum culture Jan 29, 2017
    Suggestions Can we have a new console forum to talk about the game content? Aug 31, 2016
    Console Lounge Access to Console Forum May 4, 2016
    Chit Chat Room BHMS website and forum Mar 5, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Where Are the AC forums? I don't have Competizione. Apr 13, 2023
    Chit Chat Room CSP forum? Dec 15, 2022
    Chit Chat Room New Member - How can I post in the support forum? Mar 31, 2022
    Chit Chat Room There should be a FAQ about how to get privileges for posting in the forums that one want Mar 20, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PC Forums Mar 2, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Please let me ask in the other forumsssss Dec 8, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Which sub-forum for dedi server install issues? Oct 25, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Disconnected | NO STATS, SERVERS| THIS DID NOT WORK: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?th Jul 9, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Cant post in troubleshooting forum Jun 5, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Watched Forums Mar 23, 2021

3. Horus

Horus Alien

PC users are not going to the Console Forum, the header shows up in the top right corner, or in new threads and if you do not read the - Console Forum, part of the header then you take it as read it is a question about AC and try to help. So do not think PC users are rooting around in the console side of things, it is that they are showing up as new posts. :)

4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I do. Other PC players also typing in threads thats not in "new threads" so im not alone.

5. Horus

Horus Alien

Good for you @kofotsjanne, I doubt many are looking to take part in the console forums except to help out. Welcome to my ignore list, you seem to want to cause disharmony or an argument. My post was only related to how PC users are sometimes replying in the console thread, without knowing, as they are used to new posts being PC based and it takes some time to get used to it being different.

6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

No, im not looking for 'disharmony'. I just pointed out that im a pc gamer and I like to hang out in the console threads. I see them as a part of the community just as players on PC. Was probably unnecessary to answer this since im on your ignore list but im not sure how that works.

7. MGR

MGR Rookie

You (incorrectly) made the assertion that PC users were "not going to the console forum" and simply end up there by mistake by navigating directly to forum posts via the 'new threads' feature.

kofotsjanne the pointed out that's not always the case and that he/she (as a PC user) also browses the console forums and has noted other PC users posting in old console threads too.

So now you're accusing them of causing 'disharmony' for pointing out your obviously flawed assertion?

kofotsjanne likes this.
  8. Maxx69

Maxx69 Racer

Who really cars if PC guys post here or there or anywhere ?
    If it helps , it helps ...
    Problems occur when they try to help without understanding that the two versions are different and the console version is missing much of what the PC version has .
    There are one or two PC guys who do seem to only dingle their dangle in the console section just to stir it up with derogatory and patronizing comments .
    I've seen many comments from PC guys that really have no idea just how basic our version is (at the moment) and that's when some rather upset console guys go full retard (no offense to retards ) .
    I don't really understand the whole PC Vs console battle , we all play the same game , for the same reasons ....don't we ?
    Anyway before I go all hippy and talking about peace and love ,I better leave it lol
    I appreciate all help we can get with the game from whoever offers it

talby71, Horus, LeDude83 and 3 others like this.