1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Forza 6 APEX coming to PC this spring

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by BlackSeaDriver28, Mar 1, 2016.

1. BlackSeaDriver28

BlackSeaDriver28 Simracer

Hi Guys,

Forza 6 is officially confirmed for Windows10 (for free?)

What do you think?

JayB likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Steering wheels discussions Perennial issue with center-calibrating Fanatec Forza wheel Jul 16, 2019
    Online Leagues / Championships room 2old4forza US based social sim racing club Feb 3, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Forza Horizon 4 Jun 10, 2018
    XBox One Discussions [Forza Motorsport 7] General Discussion Thread Jun 12, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Forza 7 Jun 11, 2017
    Console Lounge Forza horizon 3 porsche pack and the capacity to wait Apr 13, 2017
    XBox One Discussions crontroller update make drift arcade like forza.What have you done KUNOS?!?!?! Oct 10, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Forza Horizon 3 Jul 28, 2016
    Chit Chat Room are you ready for forza ? May 5, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Forza might be coming to PC Feb 16, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Assetto corsa v forza 6 v pcars at mp4-12c brands & nordschleife Dec 20, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Ac is a brilliant forza/gt race sim as well. tips for controllers. May 23, 2015
    General modding discussion Chase camera - make it forza-like? May 4, 2015
    Chit Chat Room How does handling compare to Forza? May 12, 2014
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Forza 4 Like Xbox 360 Controller Setup For Assetto Corsa Jan 1, 2014

3. Jebus

Jebus Alien

4. plaid

plaid Alien

It looks great. Maybe it will include what I miss in the current PC sims. But the consoleversion don't even got animated pitstops.
    Never tried it, but maybe the physics are good enough for me.

Still hope for a AAA-sim, the physics maybe are inferior in Forza and GT, but its not much easier, so they could make decent ones without scaring away anyone - besides the assists could be still activated (by default) for people who prefer it easier.

5. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

I'll make sure that I don't click to any youtuber sold out channel who support this game as a proud PC racing gamer.

6. BlackSeaDriver28

BlackSeaDriver28 Simracer

7. Jebus

Jebus Alien

...which will be merged to the original forza thread pretty soon I'm afraid.

8. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

harhar, it won't support any wheels.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

9. plaid

plaid Alien

At launch. Do you remember 1.0 of AC? It took a year till the AI became enjoyable, bumps online bearable and there are still no sp-pits and decent environment-sounds etc..

10. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke Alien

I must admit I have never rated Forza physics (feeling through the wheel). I think this is because it was never aimed at the what I would call "the hardcore sim driver" but had to account for everybody, from your 6yr olds NFS drivers to the dedicated drivers like us, so something had to give.

Maybe this is the new beginning, maybe not, but being for shear fun, ****s and giggles as I say, I do like Forza on the xbox, so I will certainly give this a bash

11. ZethGAF

ZethGAF Simracer

I'll definitely check it out. The stuff about UWP and wheel support will make or break it imo.

Alpha build already runs 60fps at 4K/Ultra on a 980Ti - sounds amazing.

12. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

Apex has no wheel support, has all of the various Windows 10 store restrictions like no SLI and forced VSYNC to name a couple, has no multiplayer apart from leaderboards, has limited tracks and cars, no pit stops, and none of the PC tweaks nearly all of the PC sims have like FOV tweaks. Obviously no mods as well. Also no multi monitor support from what I've heard. This is basically like if Kunos were to release a very early version of the AC early access onto Xbox One today.

13. Mogster

Mogster Alien

So it's basically a demo then?

mister dog likes this.
  14. TTM

TTM Alien

This is going to be something a like teaser... Next full Forza game will be released for Xbox one and Pc.. Source: IGN

15. HoiHman

HoiHman Simracer

De graphics in that trailer look amazing. Personally i would be thrilled to have a Forza game on the PC in the future.

Dream scenario would be a Forza game that supports the AccuForce, Simvibe & GS4 and triplescreen and VR

16. Cefa

Cefa Hardcore Simmer

**** it's only for W10...

17. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

I've seen that wheel support won't come until later, after it's released, so a big nope for me if that's true.
    Mixed rumors, but it sounds like they want pc gamers' impressions to know where to go next. Well, that's pointless if you aren't grabbing the wheel users' attention.....

18. Quffy

Quffy Alien

There are more gamers that like racing games than sim racers. In games like forza, gran turismo, grid, grabbing wheel user's attention is not crucial. These games could sell well, especially forza and gt, if they were made just for gamepads. In fact these racing games were very popular and sold really well during a period where ffb steering wheels weren't a thing, except for a very small market playing pc sims.

I think if Forza6 would release on PC with the same version as xbox 1, and no wheel support, it'd still have the potential to sell more than AC and Pcars (their pc sales); at least on Steam, on Windows Store is more debatable. But Steam stats show that for 64bit OS, win7 only has ~1.5% more users than win10. (Only talking about Steam, world wide win7 has way more users than win10).

It just depends if Turn10 wants any type of gamer to grab forza6 pc and play it, or if they want to focus on sim racers. At least for now, their focus is on any type of gamer, or at least those that fancy racing games.

19. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

Are they ashamed of their FFB or why aren't they support Wheels on PC... they are scared of AC I would say ;)

20. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

Iv
    ive played forza on my sim setup and the ffb is actually not bad. Way better than pcars (mainly because pcars ffb is non existent for me). But I'm not a big fan of the tire model. It's just not realistic enough. Really fun game though.

21. plaid

plaid Alien

The wheelsupport should follow as far as I understood it. Otherwise its a demo. I read a more complete article and it will not be the last Forza, so overall its a bonus you get for free, for a sim its quite restircted for sure, but as a gimmik its fine. And the console-version of AC (minus the DLC-content) would what I expect from a full priced sim. However thats all ok.
    What annoyed me is just that while every tiny step that takes months (after the release) is often praised if its sim X and the drama if someones dares to critisize it and at the other side theres no shame if its about being negative about other sims. The communication could really be a bit more even. [See the thread about PCars here for a bad example ...and to a lesser degree R3E]

---

Considering the restrictions Forza Horizon would be more reasonable I think. It would be more enjoyable with this conditions, besides more appealing to non-racingfans. And the landscape in FH2 is more impressive than the average circuit.