1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Forza 7

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Andrew_WOT, Jun 11, 2017.

1. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Im not saying anything about the game and I dont think I would even bother with downloading a demo on past forza games I tried. Simply wondering why your promoting PRC so much Im sure you can find more reputable review sources anywhere. It would actually be hard to find a worse place to get any info from, showing that place any support by visiting it and then promoting its reviews here just sounds strange to me.

I honestly dont care enough about the franchise to even look up reviews and the last place I would ever go for anything is that place lol.

LeDude83 and Andrew_WOT like this.
  2. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

The guy had some valid points fired on many games in his early days. But after he sold his soul to SMS the blog has gone downhill. I bet even positive review of F1 2017 was put there to plant the idea that driving racing cars fast is easy and should take no effort. That game was not a PCars 2 competitor anyway, so there was no business risk praising it

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Well the thing is that no game is or ever will be perfect so a pure slander blog will always get some points, the main purpose of the blog was to be sensational. Bring out emotions which generate more clicks and discussion, if this was at least an impartial thing and had open criticism of all titles to the same level then it would be less crap then it is. He always chose sides to stir more emotion from readers and now has chosen a side that pays him to make them look less bad then the others. For SMS to actually pay such a person is kind of odd being a mainstream developer pretty much openly funding very negative campaigns against all competitors.

The one thing he has shown is that his slander and opinion can be bought easily and cheaply, this is much like most YT personalities and blogs too not just him. But PRC is the worst example so far and any developers funding him are basically at the same level or even worse for funding and encouraging it. The thing is I am actually enjoying PC2 a bit but the PR BS they do really leaves a sour taste. Kunos lets their product do the talking and no other driving game devs I know would fund such a POS for any publicity or to avoid negative publicity of their product at least by paying a little bribe.

From the few things I have seen re Forza is that it looks to be a pay to win title and pretty much putting features and settings behind a future paywall. :rolleyes:

After seeing that I have even less interest in any future t10 games.

4. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

This 'Pay to Win' rhetoric is crazy overblown. Most of the people spreading it haven't even actually played the game, they are just going by what they hear and how they assume things work.

Here's a video that does a pretty good job at debunking the theory that the economy has suddenly changed drastically(or for the worse at all):

And from first hand experience, this game isn't anything remotely like a F2P game. People who claim this have no idea what they're talking about.

Not to say the game is perfect. Frankly, I'm having something of a fit of rage over the homologation system and the lack of freedom it creates in customizing cars, but the whole outrage debacle going around about FM7 right now and its economy is mostly just people who are very ignorant of how things actually work from a 1st hand experience. I guarantee you neither of those presenters in the video you posted have played the game or have even played a previous Forza game. They're just piggybacking on what they feel is a good outrage story and are regurgitating talking points they've heard from others, but haven't actually corroborated themselves.

For instance, one of the big things all these talking heads keep repeating is - "The game now locks away credit bonuses previously earned by turning up the difficulty behind loot crates". This is false. At best, super misleading. No, you dont get credit bonuses from turning off driver aids anymore. Instead, they offer much larger credit bonuses for cranking up the AI difficulty. At max difficulty, you get a 100% bonus to credit earnings, which aint lousy at all. Basically, instead of rewarding you for driving without aids, they now just reward you for being a faster driver. This is not anti-consumer. This is arguably even more sensible, regardless of their motivations for making this change. After all, the real measure of a racing driver is their laptime at the end of the day.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    ozm8ey and Andrew_WOT like this.
  5. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

So how come that some people absolutely hate FM7's physics/FFB and some love it?!?

I can only explain it like this: some people are easy to please and a poor-ish physics/FFB blends in with the overall performance/experinence of some title. Some others are very narrowly focused on the physics and FFB while blanking out everything around it that might improve the overall exprience.

There can't possibly be such a variance amongst sim racers that some honestly think this game has very realistic physics/FFB while others claim it's realy poor and simplified in that regard.

I'd be pleased if T10 had improved on their physics/FFB. But @Bo-Göran Larsson did I get you right that you deem it a proper sim? I'd find that very unexpected. Honest curiosity here.

6. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

part1

part2

7. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

well what is a objective meaning off the expression sim? I like the driving feel and the progressive feel you have in the cars. This translates wery well in the FFB if you bother to set it upp properly. I did not like the FM7 demo with the wery hard porsche on dubai. That was much harder to drive than the one in AC. It was hard to adjust to it all and the first impression was, what a mess. After some adapting it fellt better. The full wersion with the right tweak wheel feels better than PC2 and not far from Ac. You have a few more nuances in AC still. The gripplevels feels similar to Ac but one difference is the braking wich can be applied much later. The car is not so lively in the suspension as AC. In ac you have suspensions problems in many high power cars wich makes the car feel that it has no mass with krazy fast weightshifts. Wonder why none ever talks about that.. FM7 feels great to drive with some areas better than AC and some areas more forgiving. I like them both and in different ways.

LeDude83 likes this.
  8. plaid

plaid Alien

Can noone tell me if multiclass is included and the maximal amount of cars on a track?

Also can you qualify in the career races or at least choose your startposition and is it possible to make races longer than whats usual in Forza?

Besides no - or not enough - focus on realistic series thats what really lowers the appeal as a sim.

9. mms

mms Alien

I downloaded the demo yesterday, it failed several times in the beginning and kept retrying, made my PC bleeeepp over and over, it was driving me nuts for a while.

When I finally managed somehow to install, it does not recognize my CSW v2 :mad: I can assign my CSP pedals, nothing works from my wheel.

All other games I have work without any issues, how hard it can be Turn10...

10. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Don't quote me on this, but I saw a post form the CSW user saying that using new Fanatec driver AND FW included in the package fixed it for him. He had to uninstall the old driver completely though for this to work
    Unfortunately no word on FFB support for OSW users. :(

mms likes this.
  11. DrSmile

DrSmile Racer

Just look at the official fm Forum. There is a big Topic only for wheels and ffb related stuff. Lots of Infos.

But in its current state i must warn you that the demo is polished and the full game is in some sort of "early Access public beta" Status.

But when it works it is quite fun - when you are able to get away from the horrible ai and dont try to do multiplayer.

12. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Cannot believe how accurate tracks are in this title. I thought LS scanned tracks is a joke, nope, they look and drive exactly as in AC.
    Driving with gamepad now as T10 is still figuring support for OSW wheels, but man, it is still absolutely awesome.
    Weather and and day time transition is impeccable, so is overall graphics package.
    If you are looking for some fun on your favorite circuits with not so serious but believable physics, this game is for you.
    Perfect AC compliment.

LeDude83 likes this.
  13. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

14. Dark Lotus

Dark Lotus Rookie

Forza 7 is the best racing game out there if your not big on realism. gran turismo is basicly dead an has nothing on forza i think forza is the king or semi race sims.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

LeDude83 and Andrew_WOT like this.
  15. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

It's shiny, fun title.
    I wish there were a proper sim as polished and content rich as FM7. It just oozes quality, true AAA title, Turn10 Studio know their stuff.
    This and FH3 are the best AC compliment when you need to take a break and try something less serious but still with wheels.
    Career is very well done in particular, sense of progression, themed events, variety of things you drive, love it.

LeDude83 and Dark Lotus like this.
  16. Dark Lotus

Dark Lotus Rookie

The thing about forza is there car list they have a lot of cars to chose from. An the way you can customize your car any way you want is super nice.

Im still super impressed with AC the game is a nice challenge to play thats what makes this game so darn fun. This is the only game ill gladly buy DLC for as well. This game has cool touches like how you can ajust the boost on some cars on the flys is very awsome.

But id love to see a tuned R34 or a R32 GTR tune.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

17. ozm8ey

ozm8ey Gamer

So to sum it up if you want a hardcore racer get Assetto corsa. If you want a simcade get forza 7, if you want an arcade get forza horzion 3 :)

I have all 3 so I'm set. Its good to see we finally have a proper forza motorsport for pc

Dark Lotus likes this.
  18. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Works with OSW now!
    Yay!. You need EmuWheel though https://forzatools.weebly.com/forza-emuwheel-setup-guide.html, spent a few days with creator to tune vibration but it's awesome now.
    I think I like it better than pCars2, surprising good FFB.
    Ping FirstPlatoLV on discord if you have issues, I am on beta version, but the changes he added to support my wheel will make it into public version as well. For now you probably want to contact him as I am not comfortable sharing privately distributed not properly signed version.

19. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Any chance they will be able to implement VR?

20. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

FH3 works as well, although FFB is not as good as in FM7.