1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Frame rate issue.

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by Rocket77, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Rocket77

Rocket77 Gamer

Hello kunos. Today 19/9/2016, I have begun to experience screen tear and frame rate issues, from hotlap, to multiplayer. Also when I joined multiplayer lobby, when I selected, drive from menu, it put me into a screen with a camera panning the track, instead of the cockpit of the car. Please can you look into this, I would be grateful.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality Inconsistent frame rate on App Render GPU Time arround 7-9ms Dec 7, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Horrible frame rates PC Jul 1, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Low framerate with 3080 12gb Jan 23, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Frame Rate Drops, Freezing and CTD Mar 5, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting F11 toggling full screen and framerate issue on nVidia Oct 29, 2021
    ACC User Interface Too Low Limit Framerate Cap in game Jun 9, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Framerate lower with new version 1.70 Feb 10, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions Cpu and GPU not fully used but framerate decrease Dec 10, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Mirror refresh rate and frametime uneven graph Nov 27, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Xbox one x v ps4 pro framerate Sep 30, 2020
    Chit Chat Room AI opponents tanking VR frame rate Sep 27, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Better frame rate since GT4 pack loaded? Sep 18, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Any news on xbox one x frame rate fix Aug 26, 2020
    XBox One Discussions How to see frame rate? Jul 18, 2020
    Bug reports Frame rate issues Jun 24, 2020

3. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I get frame rate issues all the time only minor ones, but if there's anything going on in back ground on Xbox it's awful. Eg a system update waiting or a game update waiting.
    Have you tried saying Xbox record that when racing it slows the game down to a near stop.

4. Rocket77

Rocket77 Gamer

The frame rate issues stopped, when multiplayer update was launched. I will say, that xbox did a system update yesterday, but that's never influenced the game beforehand.

5. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

There are countless existing threads about frame-rate and screen-tear.

Kunos said issues have been sorted and the September update will bring us these improvements.

6. Rocket77

Rocket77 Gamer

If there's multiple reports, include mine, then there still an issue. Let's hope for this pending update soon.

7. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

Just to add I have not had an issue until my Xbox updated yesterday morning and now I have frame rate issues any time I go out on track. Not sure if you were having them before the update or not, but this problem is definitely new to me.

8. Rocket77

Rocket77 Gamer

Patch please.

9. there is a patch due before the end of sept

10. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

UntrainedN00B01 likes this.
  11. Rocket77

Rocket77 Gamer

This update is welcome. I'm trying to hotlap, and I simply can't. It's unplayable as it is.

Stoner 5164 and agrip 2 like this.
  12. GRD 4 3L

GRD 4 3L Rookie

I've noticed late last week and early this week that the game will play fine for first lap then frame rate drops to about 10 (I'm guessing) continuously and I could not continue (about 5 second lap time impact). On XB1 I'm speculating that this has to do with the background video recording. So I hard reboot + turn off all other apps before starting Assetto Corsa. Have not seen the low frame rate for 3 days now. Anticipating smoother experience with the update!

13. Rocket77

Rocket77 Gamer

Could you tell me please how to disable/turn off apps. If its a case of insufficient memory, that would make sense. what's most annoying is, when I get into a flow of stringing good laps together, and the frame rate decides its seizure time.

14. Rockefelluh

Rockefelluh Rookie

Highlight the app on the xbox dashboard and press start. Should be a "quit" button.

Edit: Quit button only appears if app is actually running.

15. Rocket77

Rocket77 Gamer

Thank you-Appreciate it.

16. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Hardcore Simmer

About quitting all your apps, with my X1 i do the same as on my smartphone, after i use an app or a game i always close it. So if you are playing a game and want to stop, first close your game before you close your X1. It keeps your smartphone or console working smoother.

17. Rocket77

Rocket77 Gamer

Whilst this method, is valid, it's influence over the game playing without freezing is not. Sorry, but it hasn't made one bit of difference.

18. ericfa2a

ericfa2a Gamer

Hi all,

One thing for me that made a difference it's to put my xbox in offline mode....

If i put the xbox in online mode, the game plays well for some times but at a moment, it stutters a lot.

As soon i put the xbox in offline mode and reenter the game (it shows "disconnect from server") it is smooth...

I think there is some online process within the game that make it stutter at a certain point...

Sorry for my bad english

Rocket77 likes this.
  19. Stoner 5164

Stoner 5164 Rookie

Real bad jitteriness and frame rate issues when playing this game on all modes which makes it virtually unplayable. Please fix asap thanks

20. Stoner 5164

Stoner 5164 Rookie

Just did a hard reset of console which seemed to fix issue. Press X on front of console until Xbox shuts down, after half a minute turn back on and hopefully your frame rate issue with Assetto Corsa is resolved as mine was hope this helps everyone getting back to driving without setting frustrated

21. Rocket77

Rocket77 Gamer

Hard reset works temporary. But does make it smooth until next time. If you don't require mp, switching console to offline, eliminates issue completely. You won't be able to connect to the servers, but you will have smooth running game play for hotlap and career.