1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

FreePlay mode with all unlocked

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by warp9engage, May 27, 2018.

1. warp9engage

warp9engage Racer

Based on the information currently available, a kind of single-player FreePlay mode will be available in ACC.
    However, some games make you have to unlock content and some don't.

My question is: will we be able to pick any car, any team, any track, right from the start?

Also, it's been said our custom team will be usable in both single and multiplayer, but is it restricted to career only, or will we be able to use it elsewhere?

Yes, I'm aware a forum user already tried to answer this question, for me, before, but the answer was vague and I also didn't ask precisely enough.

Thank you for any information you can provide.

Alex1996 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay Switching the car in career mode Nov 8, 2019
    ACC Audio Practice mode - question: Nov 6, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Career mode tips Nov 4, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds "Real" Career Mode, 12h Spa Nov 3, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Interesting find about AI strength in championship mode Oct 31, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Porsche dominating in championship mode Oct 30, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Career Mode Lamborghini, Ferrari, Lexus Oct 29, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Border on bottom of screen in windowed mode (triple-screen surround) Oct 28, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Help setting up modem for a server... Oct 27, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Disqualified for ignoring the obligatory pit stop in career mode Oct 24, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality spectatorScreenMode: 0 not working? Oct 8, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Career mode Oct 7, 2019
    ACC Gameplay [1.0.10] Career mode (initial test) and AI performance. Sep 30, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Career Mode Shannagins.. Sep 29, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Continued Career mode Shannagins.. Sep 29, 2019

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

There is no such info so its not likely anyone will officialy answer your question.

Thinking of it logically, Kunos have never locked any content you owned so why would they start now?

In Blancpain gt3 series there is no real top team and the cars have BOP to try and give all an equal chance of winning races. Locking cars away would seem rather pointless as there should be no significant advantage in running one car over any other.

The tracks and cars are all part of the season so why hide content to the small amount of people on PC that like the grinding games like GT.

4. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

if stuff is locked then i won't ever bother with it, if i buy a racing sim then i want to play with any car i want in SP, making you play stuff you don't want to just to get to cars you do is beyond stupid

its ok in forza and gt because thats the whole point of them games

D.Jankovic likes this.
  5. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

A key element to "unlocking" cars in racing sims is progression - from "easy" cars to "hard" cars. Since ACC will only feature GT3 cars there will be no opportunity for progression and it seems highly unlikely there would be any locking other than in Championship mode (where presumably you will complete a championship in one car and drive the tracks in the order they appear in the real thing).

6. warp9engage

warp9engage Racer

I believe that yes, the most logical thing to happen is to have everything unlocked from the start, and that's how I'd want it. I just want an assurance.

7. headder

headder Rookie

I would not bother about that. Kunos never blocked any item you own, so it is gonna be like AC and PC/PC2 games, where you had a chance to play whatever you want.

Of course, it could be nice in Carrer Mode to be force to start from AM team, then to PRO AM and then PRO in separate seasons :)

8. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

It's a game based on an official series so nothing will be locked, this is common sense.

nate likes this.
  9. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Unlocking is kind of "arcade" game feature. Doubt Kunos is going for it, and seems indeed pointless with BoP in the cars. What is the "final reward" and what is beginner car.

warp9engage likes this.
  10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Even AM, Pro AM and Pro cars are the same its only the drivers that are generally slower who are not Pro. They changed qualifying to combined times for all drivers, to stop Pro AM cars starting up the front with weaker AM drivers if the Pro set a competitive time.

11. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

The game is only going to have ~10 cars and ~10 tracks... why would they lock any of the content? :confused: