1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Further tweaks to AI speeds/difficulty settings possible?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Mauler_77, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Mauler_77

Mauler_77 Racer

I'd just like to post details of 2 races I ran to show the sometimes huge gap between difficulty settings, and whether we could still see a further improvement to the general AI pace.

Now I'm in no way an Alien, but I always tune and consider myself a decent racer, and this post is simply meant to highlight some unbalanced AI speeds.

First race:
    Ferrari 458 GT2 (what a great car!) @ Nords, AI on Easy (no shame in that!), starting 16th; I was comfortably in 1st place before the end of the first lap, with the 2nd place car a long way behind in my mirrors.

Second race:
    Same car, this time AI on Medium, started 8th, dropped to 9th and stayed there for 2 laps, with cars just a little further up the road and some in my mirrors; and the fastest AI cars were lapping 11s quicker than me.

That's at least 11 seconds between Easy & Medium settings and I had to drive close to the limit to even keep up with the cars around me.

With that gap a difficulty setting between Easy & Medium would be a good idea, but I think a great way to really allow players to get the perfect AI to race against would be a slider or ability to adjust AI percentage incrementally, which is what it sounds like our PC brethren are accustomed to in their version.
    I think there's still too much of an AI performance gap between the current difficulty settings, which also changes massively depending on car/track combo, and I'm finding certain races either too easy or quite frustrating, especially if I run low-lap number races.

Regardless of my own driving abilities, 11 seconds between Easy & Medium is probably a little extreme. Could we see a slider on consoles? Thanks.

svenvangent and Pleite like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4-AC2 Fatal Error (no further Info) V1.7.9 May 14, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 208 – Arise… and rise further still Jan 2, 2021
    ACC User Interface HUD Broadcast overall problema (1.5.2) [and focus is on a car further down the grid] Jul 27, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions SA max 91 cant go further Jul 23, 2020
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione Early Access Release 6 - Further news Feb 21, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Weather Effects to Be Further Polished? Jan 22, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Any further enhancements planned? Aug 15, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues How to improve boost behaviour further May 19, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Amd cpu further optimizations needed! Mar 24, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Car full rotation lock and other features that would further improve our driving experience Mar 12, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues how to further increase FPS ??? Nov 13, 2013
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Car Control "depth perception" tweaks, and/or racecraft issues? May 7, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Time Penalties & Driver swap MFD tweaks Nov 7, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Wet Weather Graphics Tweaks Sep 14, 2018
    Chit Chat Room How to manage AC tweaks after update. Feb 14, 2018

3. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

I think you're right. The implementation of a slider for AIs would be perfect. I wonder why they've done it differently on consoles. Could it be because they meant to 'simplify' things for console users, as I've read someone claim in a post somewhere here? I don't think this explanation makes any sense though. Anyway, I also hope to see this feature in one of the forthcoming updates.

4. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

I have been thinking something similar to this. I am far from being an alien driver, but I have won two special events on alien. In career, I have bumped up to medium on many races and win handily. Then I enter a race on medium and I struggle to hold third. On a track that I am comfortable on. There is some disparity.

5. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

I would love to see Alien made more difficult. That is the only difficulty I race on and the AI makes little mistakes which I like, but they take some of the corners soooooo slowly. It is pretty track and car specific because sometimes I'm 4 seconds a lap faster than them with it set to Alien and other times we are running about the same pace. I'd love to see a little more consistency across the board.