1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties.
    Dismiss Notice

G27 Degrees of rotation help needed

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Regret_NL, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Regret_NL

Regret_NL Rookie

Hi guys anyone know what a good DOR setup is for the G27? I started at 900 but had a feeling I had to turn the wheel way too much even in fast corners. Turned it down to 720 and then to 540 but it didnt really seem to change allot about the handling of the car. Feels like im driving a road car on city roads with the amount I have to turn my wheel...

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Cant change g27 degrees of rotation Sep 17, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G27 loosing 900 degrees rotation Sep 16, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues G27 wheel changes degrees of rotation while in race. Aug 18, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues G27 (refresh) not really 900 degrees of rotation Jan 21, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues G27 - Only 180 degrees rotation (solved: set 900° in global configuration) Dec 10, 2013
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Logitech G27 is a few degrees off [calibration data needs clearing] Nov 11, 2013
    ACC General Discussions G27 set up Friday at 10:09 PM
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Virtual wheel do not match - G27 Oct 27, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Can't set controls in VR mode with G27 Oct 16, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G27 - Shift button used in combination with Pause causes controller bugs Oct 13, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G27 Sep 21, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G27 Rotation Settings Sep 13, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues G27 wheel not working after some time in game Aug 21, 2018
    Steering wheels discussions T3PA or other with logitech weel G27 Apr 16, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues G27 No countersteer Mar 25, 2018

3. BEsnake

BEsnake Racer

You could put it to 360 degrees but makes the steering way to twitchy

Odd tho mine is fine at 900 degrees (g29) feel like the game soft locks it at 360 anyway

4. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Hardcore Simmer

I was testing something so in game in car virtual steeting wheel goes almost 1 full turn before it stops i went to my logitec profiler and restricted rotation and in game options i did the same.

I tired setting 540 on game and logitec profiler but my wheel was going shorter than in game one. So i increased Profiled to 640 and they match up exactlly now
    So my wheel turns the same amount like the one in car.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

idk is this right way to do it..and why is the different numbers maybe bug? i would not know atm

5. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Don't try to find "tricks" so to say. Put it at 900 and drive. If you steer too much, then you're doing something wrong, either too fast in the corner or simply going over the grip.
    Concentrate to keep your steering lower and you'll see your laptimes go down.

Fremen_78, horsky, baboon and 3 others like this.
  6. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

I concur. I'm playing at 900 and the only times I have to steer too much is when I enter a corner too fast and just understeer hopelessly :p

7. Go and read the Car control thread.

8. I've tried many setups, but you are best to leave it at 900 so it's 1/1 linear and will soft lock to the cars DOR.

9. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Put 640 in profiler and in game and it's 1:1.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

10. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

What is the car's DOR in GT3 out of curiosity? If it's less than 900 it might be a good idea to set a hardware lock on the wheel, just in case ^^

11. Depends on the car, as it varies from what I can remember from 540 -360 DOR (estimates)

Salad Fingers likes this.
  12. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

Just to make sure I undertstand this though. If I change the in-game setting to, say 600, will that just introduce a soft lock or will it actually shorten steering making it more twitchy?

13. It will shorten the steering and make it more twitchy. 900 is 1/1, if you want your wheel to be more responsive then increase the steering ratio in the car setup.

Salad Fingers likes this.
  14. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

I want the amount of movement needed to be exactly as it is in real life :p

15. It will be, if you turn your wheel at 90 degrees it should match the in game wheel when set to 900*

16. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

It really doesn't, though :p But I'm not sure if this is just the graphics

17. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

it might have a slight difference, for example, don't ask me why, but my wheel instead of 900 is actually 840.. it was making the screen wheel ever so slightly out of sync

baboon likes this.
  18. kikie

kikie Simracer

I have put 620° in the Logitech profiler and 620° in the controller option in ACC. The movement of my G27 is spot on with the movement of the steering wheel ingame.

19. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

Is the virtual steering wheel a good indicator to compare with? There is no single setting that can match it linearly with my wheel, I've tried everything. The virtual wheel always steers more.

20. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

If I do that, both wheels end at the same angle and at the same time, but while I'm turning there is discrepancy between the two. Moving my wheel at 90 degrees the virtual steering wheel is always further in and no setting has managed to fix that.

21. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

In any case, If my real wheel has to line up with the virtual wheel (which appears to be 620-640 degrees) that means that the advice to use 900 degrees might be wrong. Steering definitely feels shorter now