1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 G29 brake issue since 1.12 (maybe).

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Traks1, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Traks1

Traks1 Racer

Since 1.12 it seems to me that the g29 pedals are auto calibrating to a preset level rather than requiring a press before going for a drive. This would be all well and good if to get maximum retardation I didn't have to press so very, very hard on the pedal. Well in to the bumpstop that the g29 has on the brake. It really does get quite painful after a while and I can still feel the ache in my side from an hour of trying to stop the Ferrari fxxk at Monza several hours later. Anyone noticed a change?.

User defined wheel/pedal calibration just became my number one priority for this game.

paul_wev likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Are there still brake pedal problems with logitech g29? Nov 9, 2022
    Steering wheels discussions G290 Nixim brake mod Sep 14, 2021
    Steering wheels discussions Logitech G29 Brake Pedal Problem Dec 22, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Brake problems with G29 Nov 15, 2018
    Console Lounge G29 - Brake Balance/Bias Jan 15, 2017
    Console Lounge G29 / G920 Brake Pedal Mod Jan 12, 2017
    Console Lounge Advice please: Can't change brake balance via G29 wheel. Nov 29, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Logitech G29 Brake Pedal Course (Comparision with PCars and R3R) Sep 15, 2016
    ACC Hardware Discussions Problem with G29 steering wheel Mar 17, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Lut files for g29 on 1.9 Jul 28, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC doesn't recognise G29 wheel Jun 4, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game freezes/locks when i access "controls" menu with Logitech G29 Apr 24, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G29 skips gear(s) on upshift and downshift Apr 1, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds G29 skips gear(s) on upshift and downshift Mar 30, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Logitech G29 FFB so weak in PS5 version Dec 12, 2022

3. Traks1

Traks1 Racer

Just me then.

4. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

Are you using setups saved with a previous version?

Someone else was having break problems cause by thus.

As far as I can tell there was never any calibration on the Xbox, not sure is the ps was different.

5. Traks1

Traks1 Racer

No @BobTheDog. As mentioned, it used to be the case on ps4 that if you didn't press the pedals at all before driving a car, the pedals could/would be super-sensitive and give 100% brake for very little pedal movement resulting in constant lock ups with little to no progression. By having to pre-press them though, it meant that I could at least make them work pretty much how I wanted by pressing the brake pedal in particular, just as far as I wanted it to go. If, for instance, I hadn't pressed it quite hard enough, once in game, lock ups would still occur before the pedal quite abruptly gets harder to push (by design). If that were the case, I would quit and reboot the game making sure to press the pedal a little bit harder the next time so that lock up would coincide better with the way the g29 brake works with that rubber stop thingy that suddenly and dramatically alters the amount of pressure required. A great idea if one could properly calibrate the pedals. Not so good when the game decides for you and places the braking threshold a long way past where the g29 pedal is comfortable to use.

If pedal calibration is not going to happen for this game (and if not, why not?) then I can see that I am going to have to butcher/modify the g29 pedal somehow so as not to be doing myself a serious mischief going forward. Annoying, since when it is allowed to work properly in conjunction with proper in game calibration, that brake response is about the only thing that is an improvement over the G25/G27 wheel set ups that I can't use on the ps bloody 4. Thanks Sony.

6. BobTheDog

Ah ok. It doesn't seem to work that way on the Xbox, I tested to see if I could calibrate in different ways, after Xbox turned one, after game starts etc and nothing makes any difference. On my G920 the clutch only gives 80% reading on the display and causes loads of issues, I have just had to turn auto clutch on and stop using the h-shifter.

The game really needs proper calibration.

Sorry to see you are having difficulties which are worse than mine.

7. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Removing the rubber stopper and purchasing the gt eye spring for the brake pedal seems to be the best route for those pedals ;)

@P73, HavanaB0B and Lewisxbone like this.
  8. Traks1

Traks1 Racer

Thanks @BobTheDog and @Graveltrap for bothering to respond. Find it hard to believe no-one else has noticed this difference in operation. Maybe a database rebuild I did recently altered how the game works with my particular ps4 as I must say that this preset level of calibration would seem to be a more logical way for the game to ship than the rough d.i.y method I have mentioned that worked previously for me and I know for a few others. Have deduced myself that removal or modification of the offending rubber (my most likely plan of action since I resent having to spend yet more money on an overpriced spring for a wheel and pedal set that I shouldn't have needed to buy in the first place). A pretty annoying thing to have to do just because the game lacks the basic calibration of every other racing title I have ever owned isn't it?. O well.

9. BobTheDog

The gt eye spring is very good though, I know it seems a bit galling to pay more but it is a major improvement.

I was getting back pain with the rubber bit installed and when I took it out the brake lost its progressive feel, the gt eye spring fixed that issue.

10. Traks1

Traks1 Racer

Just this second ordered one. Still feel a bit grumpy about feeling the need to do it though. Harumph!!.

11. BobTheDog

Your muscles will thank you :)

Traks1 likes this.
  12. Dani_Chechum

Dani_Chechum Rookie

It happens similarly to me in ACC: the brake pedal effort required increases once I have entered the garage. I mean, it works like calibration the first time I'm on track but, once I entered garage, then the following times I'm on track the brake effort increases. No idea what to do, I had lowered the maximum to 80% at least to reach the max without breaking my leg haha but anywah it looks a bug. In AC1 it happens to me in the middle of a race, too.