1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 G29 or T300rs

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by Suffolk-Wal, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Suffolk-Wal

Suffolk-Wal Gamer

I would love some help choosing between the Logitech G29 and the Thrustmaster T300rs.
    At the moment i have the Thrustmaster T150 and i was going to add gear shift and 3 set peddles but im really quite enjoying using paddles to change gear so thing an upgrade with wheel instead.
    I have had a G27 set in the past and thought it was ok. I see with G29 you get 3 peddles as standard and shifter not to much to add. I am really torn between both so would love to hear from both G29 users and T300 users for a comparison. At the moment i'm considering the T300rs more. Thank in advance for your help.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions Problem with G29 steering wheel Mar 17, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Lut files for g29 on 1.9 Jul 28, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC doesn't recognise G29 wheel Jun 4, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game freezes/locks when i access "controls" menu with Logitech G29 Apr 24, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G29 skips gear(s) on upshift and downshift Apr 1, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds G29 skips gear(s) on upshift and downshift Mar 30, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Logitech G29 FFB so weak in PS5 version Dec 12, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Are there still brake pedal problems with logitech g29? Nov 9, 2022
    Steering wheels discussions Logitech G29 Pedals Are Reversed on PS5 Oct 16, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions FFB Logitech G29/920 driving GT3 vs GT4 Oct 1, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G29 FFB broke with the latest update from logitech. (g29: 89.0.24) Sep 11, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G29 red keybinds when starting the game Jul 1, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G29 24/7 input when at low speed Jun 4, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds I am having a problem with my G29 wheel only in assetto corsa Feb 20, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Logitech G29 red dial Jan 22, 2022

3. Skazz

Skazz Racer

I'm curious how much of a "downgrade" you think the T150 is from your old G27, since I've never read of anyone else making that step.

All information about G29 is that it's a little smoother, has a rubber brake mod to give more accurate braking, but is otherwise identical to G27.

The T300, which I can compare only to a G25, Fanatec Porsche and T500, is a clear step up from the G25. It has more power, no cog rattle, much smoother, just as free spinning, just as quick to react. It basically feels like an improved G25 in use as a result (whereas the T500 is a very different animal). Once I had upgraded from G25 to T300 on my PC rig I knew immediately that I could never go back, simple as that.

Based on my experience, I'd say you should definitely consider either the T300 alcantara bundle (T300 base, T3PA pedals and 599evo rim) or if you still have G27 pedals there are adapters you can get to use them instead of the bad stock T300RS pedals, in which case you could just get the T300RS package.

Suffolk-Wal and Blue_Pikmin like this.
  4. sneekyb

sneekyb Rookie

I agree with the above comments. I moved to a T300RS from a G25 and the difference in FFB and overall feel is huge. There is no centre dead zone and no more notchy feeling movement when turning the wheel. If you do have the Logitech pedals then out may want to use those with the T300 as the stock pedals are not great but are usable.

5. Suffolk-Wal

Suffolk-Wal Gamer

Thank you, the G27 i had was ages ago (ps3) and i've only had the t150 6 months but i know just basic, im far from expert but just love the racing side of games, so yep reading your comments thrustmaster is the way forward. I know what you mean by notchy i remember that from G27 and i also get that at the moment with t150

6. cogonieznajom

cogonieznajom Rookie

Gears don't work on my G29, help:(

7. Leon Mason

Leon Mason Gamer

I love the T300 and I have a TX and I can say that the rim choices are excellent, F1 2016 is amazing using the Ferrari F1 rim, and likewise when I'm playing Assetto or Pcars I swap out to my 599XX Alcantara rim.

My only gripes are that I have had to send 3 bases back to Thrustmaster now as they had calibration failures, google it and you will see numerous videos on YouTube. Thrustmaster customer service in my experience have been great and I only lose the wheel base for a week and a half tops.

And the other gripe is that the Thrustmaster firmware can only be used on a PC and I only have Mac's with no desire to use Windows so it means I have to use a relatives computer to update my wheel which is a pain. I know I could use an emulator but if it's not worth it for one piece of software.

monkiusz likes this.
  8. Birdorf

Birdorf Gamer

I was planning on getting a T300 or G29 and did a fair bit of research before deciding on the Logitech. Mainly because I still have a DFGT which has had some serious hammer and is still going strong, but also I'd read that the T300 had potential reliability issues. This was about a year ago and maybe things have changed.

I'll pick up a G29 when I see one cheap, but thanks to a pricing error, I picked up a T150 for £45. I missed out on a recent deal at PC world (UK), who were selling the G29 for £99, I'm hoping that offer will be repeated at some point.

Suffolk-Wal likes this.
  9. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

The T300 is the better wheel, but generally has some reliability issues. The G29 is the inferior wheel, but is more reliable.

Suffolk-Wal likes this.
  10. Suffolk-Wal

Suffolk-Wal Gamer

I must admit this reliability bit is a bit worrying, i could buy G29 setup complete with stick from local currys at the moment for 180 i believe, or just t300 wheel and pedals from argos for 259. I was going to buy locally so then be able to take back if any problems, i was watching stream just yesterday and a guys t300 broke whilst he was streaming and said thats his second in a year, bit off putting.

11. Skazz

Skazz Racer

In the end it's a risk/reward decision. The T300 is without doubt the better wheel, in my opinion, but while the G29 has had some issues (wiring inside the rim for the Paddle shifters and buttons can break) it's proven less likely to break than the T300 (mostly power supply related issues, however the number of failures popping up on racing forums is much lower now than last year).

Inside EU with the compulsory 2 year warranty obviously that's plenty of time for power supply issues to show themselves, but there is always the risk that it will expire once the warranty has run out. So you go with the more robust option or the better driving experience based on how painful it would be for it to break and need RMA. Your choice.

Suffolk-Wal likes this.
  12. Suffolk-Wal

Suffolk-Wal Gamer

Thank you i believe i will go with the t300rs and buy from local argos 259 at moment but also buy their insurance that way covered

13. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I'll make it qick: T300 all the way. Logitech missed out on developing the G27 into something better so you get all the FFB downsides with FFB non-linearity and physical deadzone that no software will be able to fix.

So getting a brushless motor wheel with belt drive or a not so well designed dual motor one with gears? Like I said: T300 ;-)

Suffolk-Wal likes this.
  14. yusupov

yusupov Alien

T300 (or TX)...not really a contest. its purely an upgrade over the g29, the only matter of debate is how much of one.

keep the fan on full blast & don't be preposterously silly about ffb strength & you shouldnt have the infamous 'reliability issues'.

Suffolk-Wal likes this.