1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

G29 wheel settings feel wrong

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Snoeipaard, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

Hi,

I just started with sim racing. I choose the ps4 cause it seems a bit easier getting setup and go racing than it would be on a PC.

The drawback on this is that in turn, there is a lot less configurable setting. No problem ofcourse if all is well.

But here is my problem. I think the standard configuration of the g29 wheel feels wrong. I have to turn the wheel way to far to get round the fadest of corners.

Can anybody help me on this? I already set the maximum rotation of the wheel to 240. This does not seem to have any effect though.

pasooo77_ likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions Problem with G29 steering wheel Mar 17, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC doesn't recognise G29 wheel Jun 4, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds I am having a problem with my G29 wheel only in assetto corsa Feb 20, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Reverb G2 interfering with Logitech G29 Wheel Jan 10, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Ps4 G29 Steeringwheel and pedal input are not werking. Dec 28, 2021
    Steering wheels discussions Assetto Corsa Logitech wheels damn good FFB setting 2021 (g27,g25,g29,g920) Apr 26, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals No auto-repeat for G29 wheel d-pad buttons in some cases Feb 6, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Logitech G29 wheel with Fanatec CSL Elite LC pedals Nov 4, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS4 - G29 Wheel randomly offset in race starts Jul 15, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G29 Wheel is not detected Dec 23, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G29 wheel won't work at all [disconnected cable] Dec 17, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals can not assign axis to Logitec G29 steering wheel May 26, 2019
    Bug reports Wheel Logitech G29, Change Shifting will not accepted Feb 28, 2019
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues G29 Steering wheel degrees mismatch Jan 4, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals FFB Discussion - G29 Wheel (ONLY) Dec 14, 2018

3. No Po

No Po Rookie

I also use the G29 with the standard config. In which corners (track name please) do you have problems?

Maybe it is only a setup problem with your car.

You can visit my channel, if you want to explore some setup developments (No Po 98T).

Best regards

4. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

Every corner accually. But for example t4 and t5 at Monza or t8 and t16 at Spa. These corners just don't feel natural at all.

5. No Po

No Po Rookie

Hi, these corners should be the whole Les Combes combination and Stavelot(?) at Spa. At Monza it should be the second chicane.

Here is my G29 adjustment:

Force-Feedback 100%
    Kerb-FFB 25%
    Street-FFB 25%
    Drift-FFB 25%
    Understeering OFF
    H-Shift OFF

The corners you describe can also be an indicator for a problematic setup, because there are some fast direction changes / heavy steering input in these combinations. But first please try the G29 adjustment, maybe the steering behavior becomes better...

Best regards

6. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

Thanks No Pro. I'm sorry, I meant t10 an t18 at Spa. Tried to calculate em in my head, but that went sideways .

I already have simular ffb setting, except I have understear on. It's also not a setup thing. I stole a few quick setups and it's still te same.

Is there no way to adjust the way the wheel reacts to input on the PS4?

7. Snoeipaard

Snoeipaard Racer

I was looking through my old posts and saw I did not post the solution to this problem i had.

The problem was, that the virtual wheel under video settings in the main menu was set to a value lower than 1080°. I still don't get why a video setting impacts the output of the physical wheel, but there you have it.

Hopefully this information will be usefull to someone else some day.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    OldFart likes this.
  8. erovnov

erovnov Rookie

Turn on the view from the cab and check the correspondence between the angle of rotation of the virtual steering wheel and the real one. In the main menu in the video settings, you need to set the angle of rotation of the wheel so that the virtual steering wheel repeats the rotation of the real steering wheel. Then the car is perfectly controlled. Settings are individual for each car. Write the angle values in a notebook. For example, the correct angle for BMW Z4 GT3 is 460 degrees. Have a nice simrasing