1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

G920 Brake

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by Joe Cockcroft, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Joe Cockcroft

Joe Cockcroft Rookie

I had heard nothing but good things about this game, so I thought it would be a no brainier to get it to go along with my G920 on the Xbox. I bought a bunch of games along with it, all physical copies except for Assetto Corsa which I bought digital, so sadly no refund option.

My issue, as I’m sure you are all aware (if you have a G920) is that the brake pedal requires a great amount of force. This is fine in other games as you can adjust the settings for the wheel, but Assetto Corsa has no such option. To get cars to brake even a little bit, I have to put so much force into it that my chair starts to tip back. It is a brand new wheel so I have no desire to start tinkering with the pedals, so I was wondering if there’s anything I can do to the game or car settings to make the brakes more responsive.

If not, will the brake get easier to press the more I use the wheel? I bought a bunch of racing games and Assetto Corsa cost the most, so I would really like to be able to play it.

ciento56 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Problems with Logitech G920 and brake pedal Apr 3, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Brake problem with G920 on SX Feb 22, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions G920 brake issue Oct 26, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Can't adjust brakes - g920 Jul 8, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Logitec g920 xbox Problems with brake pedal Jun 25, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Logitech G920 Brakes Jun 23, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Logitech G920 Brake Pedal Fix for ACC Jun 14, 2019
    Steering wheels discussions LOGITECH G920 *handbrake problem* Mar 2, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Logitech G920 brake limits Sep 12, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Brake peddle sudenly doesnt work and now gas and brake are both on the gas peddle. (Logitech G920) Jun 18, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues g920 brake pedal - why no Calibration menu on console version? Jun 16, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues When i go to use my E-Handbrake in a G920 i have a break bias change Jun 2, 2017
    Console Lounge G29 / G920 Brake Pedal Mod Jan 12, 2017
    Steering wheels discussions G920 handbrake options? Sep 12, 2016
    Steering wheels discussions g920 brake - Xbox one Aug 26, 2016

3. Hi,
    I did read some info around and here in the forum and it seems that you have just 2 options:
    - remove the rubber block from pedal or use a different spring, but you already stated that twitching pedals isn't a thing, or
    - use a carpet. Place the pedals on the front, place your chair on the rear, now you can push full power with all things staying in place.
    Unluckily, xBox doesn't provide anything like a control panel or settings for the wheel, neither does AC, so I don't see a viable solution to soften the pedal.
    A thing that maybe you will find interesting, at least it was for me: the first time Valentino Rossi stepped in a F1 car, and he had already won World Championships at the time, after the first laps engineers had to tell him to brake harder. Than he made impressive laptimes and all, but at the very start the power required to brake was a thing that he couldn't do well and had to be corrected. So, yes: race cars need lots of foot power on brakes, usually. I guess in this case AC is doing it right, but I agree that a Controller Settings page is a basic requirement in every racing/driving sim.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  4. Sonec888

Sonec888 Rookie

I have the same problem and I have cockpit. I dont understand how AC doesnt help with this. Its so easy, settings to change the force press, thats all.

5. Same problem here. bought game on early access and still waiting when they will do something about this so i finally will be able to play game. because on max 100% brake ingame settings i can push 50% ingame brakes that's just impossible to drive!!! Why every game is making normal calibration for devices and no here we see strange implementation of 100% for brakes max!!!! in fact that i can push 30% of brake pedal already putting all my power into one push! that's just ridiculous...

And i don't want manually to remove rubber piece out of brake pedal to brake shop warranty.. as G920 is bought not so long ago.

6. CalmFlyer

CalmFlyer Rookie

Very disappointing that AC has no wheel & brake adjustments like PC2 and even Forza have. That combined with the very floaty feel to the steering make this just a game, not a racing simulator. Too bad.

7. What exactly can't you setup? I can set wheel and brake easily, why shouldn't you be able to do the same?

8. CalmFlyer

CalmFlyer Rookie

I'm on Xbox and AC has no settings for the wheel

9. Andrew H

Andrew H Rookie

I was so excited getting my new G920 wheel for Xbox One today, upgraded from Thrustmaster TMX. All that excitement went out the window when I found out the new brakes on my G920 don't work at all with AC on Xbox One. Work fine with both Forza and Grid. I know I can remove the pad but really prefer not doing that the first day I own my wheel.

Questions.

1. Will there be the same issues with AC Competizione on Xbox One that will be released on June 23 or will we be able to adjust braking settings on the Xbox One?

2. Any other fixes for g920 pedals not working on AC for Xbox One?

3. Will the brakes on AC for Xbox One eventually start working once they begin to loosen up?

4. Will taking out the brake pad affect braking in my other Xbox One games like Forza and Grid?

10. I use Thrustmaster TX pedals, so I don't have this particular issue, but I often have the opposite problem... sometimes when I play, my brakes are locking up when I'm nowhere near to fully pressing them (and I'm not just talking about whether they feel light or heavy... the game says they're at 100% when physically they've only travelled 80%). For games people play using an XBOX controller it makes sense that the developer wouldn't include calibration, since everyone's input is more or less the same. But when we're playing what is intended to be a sensitive and realistic simulation (where slight input changes can dramatically effect the outcome) with different brands/models/versions of wheels and pedals it's unbelievable that they didn't include it in AC, and I sure hope that they address this in ACC.

11. Mr Munchies

Mr Munchies Rookie

No what he is saying is games like forza and grid have calibration for brakes, despite being mainly for controller players yet ac doesnt have calibration settings for pedals at all yet it is aimed towards being used on wheel and pedals. seems odd to miss out on such a simple setting. Its the only game i have where you cannot calibrate the pedals. Forza 7, Horizon 4, Projects cars 2, dirt rally 2.0, F1 2019 all have the choice to calibrate All settings. I just hope also that this isnt overlooked in ACC as the main reason i dont play AC is because of the awful lack of pedal adjustment.

12. DanKillaz

DanKillaz Rookie

I also have this problem, in all other racing games my brake works normally, so the brake bar doesn't even come close to the middle

someone solved?

13. KBRCNG

KBRCNG Rookie

I have been reading lots of posts on this as I have the same problem. I've seen that if it is plugged into the PC, you can then calibrate the pedals, for example, push the brake pedal to your preferred 100% as opposed to all the way down and it then saves the settings. What I'm not certain of is if this only saves the settings for PC, or if it saves it within the G920. I'm at work all day, so unable to attempt till this evening, but if someone has the chance to give the calibration a go, would be interested to know if it saves it to the G920 and no just the PC/Laptop

14. bee0078

bee0078 Rookie

same here... ive plugged mine into my laptop and opened the logitech g hub. but still cant see anywhere that lets you adjust this.
    i dont even play the game anymore, its just not fun the way it is.

15. DanKillaz

DanKillaz Rookie

I already tried all the options I found on the internet, and I just decided to give up on this game !! Nothing helped shameful this game

16. bells0

bells0 Gamer

Just a heads up. You can calibrate the force through windows hardware tool. Not logitech hub.