1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

PS4 G923 no force feedback

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by Gavin85, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Gavin85

Gavin85 Rookie

Just picked up ACC though do not seem to be getting any force feedback at all through my Logitech G923. Even if set to 100 I’m getting nothing back. Steering and pedals feels relatively ok but it’s not drivable without any feedback at all. The G923 force feedback works fine on F12020 so I know it’s not the wheel. Anyone experience similar issues?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting [Merged threads] Logitech G923 Trueforce crash Oct 23, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals True Force Logitech G923 Oct 30, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G923 Force Feedback causing crashes Sep 15, 2020
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues G923 Force Feedback causing crashes Sep 15, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Logitech G923 TrueForce support in ACC Aug 5, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Full button and rev light support with Logitech G923 Jan 29, 2021
    Steering wheels discussions G923 Steer lock problem! Jan 7, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Vibrations through G923 Nov 17, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Does the Logitech G923 Work? Nov 14, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions G923 FFB during race Oct 26, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Logitech G923 Oct 9, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec DD2 no force feedback until I exit/restart ACC [SteamVR interfering] Feb 18, 2021
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues FANATEC DD2 no force feedback until I exit/restart ACC Feb 18, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Force Feedback and sudden jerk to left or right Feb 7, 2021
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Minimum Force fixed Jan 31, 2021

3. luv2drive

luv2drive Rookie

I just downloaded ACC for PS4, have a G923 wheel and I'm having the identical issue. No FFB = I feel no bumps, kerbs, road imperfections of any kind through the wheel. All of this works fine with the older Assetto Corsa on the same setup.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated :)

4. Gavin85

Gavin85 Rookie

Managed to get some sort of fix from someone having a similar issue on Xbox.

Start the game with the PS4 controller making sure the wheel IS not plugged in. Once in the game go to settings. Press the ps button on the controller to go back to the ps home screen. Go to settings, devices, then turn the PS4 controller off. Now plug in wheel (should calibrate) and go back in the game. Make sure to change the controller type to wheel. Found this has worked every time so far -.past few days at least.
    As for wheel set up I’ve just been winging it to what feels right for me. Just remember that if you go from car to car you will need to amend the degree of steering lock as the response seems to vary wildly! Hope it works for you!

5. luv2drive

luv2drive Rookie

You, sir, are a lifesaver! Thank you! I had no idea there was a secret handshake :)

Anyway, after making that fix, it's night and day, and the FFB feels amazing after only 5 or 10 minutes. Really loving how they model the feel of the engine during accel and decel. Better than any other sim I've played. Need to spend some more time with it now and experiment with the settings.

Also, funny story, which may also be helpful to anyone else who has this problem and comes across this thread. After doing what you said, at first the FFB was insane, on steroids, and the car was completely uncontrollable. Turns out somehow all of the wheel settings I had before this fix were still there, EXCEPT the "steer lock" had changed to 30! Obviously that's way too low. Putting it back to its default of 640 worked great. I read somewhere it should be somewhere between 800 and 900 ideally, so we'll see.

Thanks again!

6. Gavin85

Gavin85 Rookie

No problem, happy it helped you out. Spent two evenings trying to find a solution for my wheel and almost gave up and was going to bin the game.
    I do find some weird gremlins with ACC like you said - I’ll save my wheel settings then there will be a change to steering lock or something likewise. Tbh think the game pushes the PS4 beyond its capabilities but we’re able to play ACC so I’ll take the minor issues.
    As I have been playing codemasters F1 since 2010 ACC makes that seem almost arcade like. Definitively having to adapt my driving style. I’m a bit of a novice stumbling my way through it so if you come up with any good setups, tips or discoveries PM and likewise I’ll do the same.