1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Game crashes after every race (PS4 on PS5)

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by allanfitzy, Dec 31, 2020.

1. allanfitzy

allanfitzy Rookie

Playing the PS4 version on PS5, which plays great by comparison to my old base PS4.

Only problem is that at the conclusion of every quick or custom race the program closes and submits an error report.

When I restart it appears my stats have updated from the previous race but its obviously a pain.

Anyone experienced similar, or even better have a solution?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Game crashes after opening championship Mar 3, 2024
    Bug reports PS5 crashes when loading "Saved game" Feb 5, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crashes when switching from quali to race session (online) Aug 4, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game Crashes After Starting Any Race For Months Jul 31, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Gamecrashes without a message Jun 24, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Team swap ferrari crashes game. Apr 24, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting After update 1.9 the game crashes while running Apr 22, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crashes whenever I save a livery (in game editor) [AV interference] Apr 20, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game Crashes to Desktop - Only in League Races Sep 28, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Game Crashes to desktop Sep 19, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting game crashes to desktop Sep 13, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crashes on v1.8.18 Aug 22, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game Crashes Aug 20, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Game Freezes and crashes when i'm in Team events Jul 22, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Random Game Crashes Jul 18, 2022

3. allanfitzy

allanfitzy Rookie

Elmino Pereira likes this.
  4. I'll be honest with you I've been having problems with it playing on ps5 full stop its not performing well at all I'm wondering what settings are your ps5 on i.e. 1080 0r 4k

5. allanfitzy

allanfitzy Rookie

1080 mate, seen something saying the upscaling was not great so just run it at 1080 without any issues bar the intermittent crashes.

Neil Goodinson likes this.
  6. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

This is down to PS5 backwards compatibility more than the game. Wreckfest crashes a lot too. If you go on the ps store it even says their may be compatibility issues.

7. Running ok now cheers far that

allanfitzy likes this.
  8. Kylehz0rz

Kylehz0rz Rookie

I have this problem and have been playing since it came out on PS4. It has been doing this for months on ps4 and now I have upgraded to ps5 it is still doing it so it's not just an issue with a new console. I have payed around with my graphics and have had no luck. Just randomly crashes after races on both consoles. Really hoping they sort a patch for this at some point.

9. It would be

10. You'll be very lucky.

11. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

If you are talking about ACC (Assetto Corsa Competizione) yes, it's a crash fest.(even on PS4 due that bad porting Dev studio)
    But this is the forums of original AC , which support ended quite some years ago already.

12. MJBrtn

MJBrtn Gamer

Surprised by the number of crashes reported on base console. I didn’t get any (lucky I guess) until I got the PS5. Even then the crashes seemed to be linked more when the console was outputting 4K. I changed to 1080p and it crashes maybe 1 in 50 races. Hoping the Gen9 version is great.

13. Mariokart55

Mariokart55 Gamer

It runs and looks fantastic on PS5.

I've never played it on the PS4 so this is my first go-thru.

14. MJBrtn

MJBrtn Gamer

The single player /career works great. Some minor glitches that hopefully will be fixed in the rumoured upcoming patch. Holding off racing online till then

15. Mariokart55

Mariokart55 Gamer

Frankly, this could use a graphical upgrade with the next gen power. It would rival PC because it's not that demanding. I have it on PC as well, but it's Just so much more convenient playing on console.

A simple next gen version like they did with ACC would be outstanding.

It's a shame that great games like this are abandoned. I guess I'll never understand the thought process. I know it's about money, but a graphical upgrade for the PS5 and Series X would bring a bit of money to Kunos.

Philip Lewis likes this.
  16. MJBrtn

MJBrtn Gamer

I don’t really follow you on this u less I’m miss-reading your post. The PS5 version is head and shoulders above the vanilla PS4. More cars, 60fps. Looks 4K to me but could be scaled I guess. But it runs silky smooth and looks great. Not sure what you mean by it could do with a next gen graphical upgrade?

17. Mariokart55

Mariokart55 Gamer

I guess I'm referring to the complexity of the tracks, which would entail higher texture quality, better lightning, and more scene complexity.

These are found in the PC vanilla version.

18. MJBrtn

MJBrtn Gamer

That’s a fair enough observation. Have to say I don’t know much about the PC version, but on console, for a true Sim, it rocks !