1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Game is too tough and my feedback on ps4 version of game

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by Archangel22, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Archangel22

Archangel22 Gamer

Been playing this for 3 days now on the ps4 and I have a bunch of issues. I hope that a patch for most of these can be fixed

1) The driving line, using this for tracks I dont know to memorize the bends, its off its not a static line, tells you to break on a straight, tells you to break if you are doing 1kmh or 100kmh its inaccurate

2) The difficulty levels over no difference, from easy, medium to hard I barely notice any difference. This game is soooo hard to play with a controller, Im on easy mode and cant win any races not even in novice career mode with the rubbish basic cars, please fix this with a patch

3) AI is so off, as I said Im on easy, tried novice mode from the 2nd race, 3rd race you cannot win. 1st place was over 12 secs ahead of me, I finished 2nd, 3rd place was 15secs behind me. Where is the consistency I did not spin out, had a flawless run as best as I could do yet every lap 1st place was lapping 2 seconds better than me I could not catch up at all. Game is too tough to play in manual Im on auto and its a mission with factory traction and abs settings as if you turn them off your car locks up or flies off the bends and doesnt stay straight its super hard to use

4) I turned all driving aids off with a controller picked the laferrari, race starts lights turn from red to green I press accelerate and hold it down, car fishtails sharp left I didnt flick any direction button and boom into the wall, only made it 5 metres. Tried throttling going in straight bend and small easy corners, nope car loses control too much torque, turn traction control on its barely ok but with the high speeds using a controller to go around corners its impossible, picking supercars you come last no way you can keep up with the AI you cant shave any seconds the cars dont stick and dont glide around turns I get its a sim but this is turning into a joke Ive never struggled in a racing game ever 3 days I dont expect to be perfect but playing the same stages with same cars even in career I cant progress at all.

5) anyone have any good controller advanced racing settings like steering speed, deadzone, gamma etc. I dunno what to use to somehow improve this game its so unplayable on console Im sure its easier with a wheel but Im not speending that much on a rig

6) Fix the AI, they put no effort to go around you, they clip you you are sent flying in a turn you cannot recover nor can you make up the lost time to win the race, I get its realistic because in real life you cannot do that but this is a game, the AI clips you so often feels like to get a podium finish you need alot of luck to ensure no one clips you and then you need luck to pray you take every turn perfectly, feels like to win a race even if you go half a second slower in 1 turn you cannot win as I said each car pulls and pulls away from you in career mode as the laps go on how I want to know how is this possible on easy mode of all things

I like this game I want to get good at it and keep practicing but Im seeing zero improvement and like I said no other driving game has ever given me any trouble as this game is, its too tough to keep up with the AI, stay on the road without losing speed around bends or even without going off track.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay Career saved game JSON too large and lap time wrong after loading samed game or restart the match Mar 24, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game Crash during loading [audio device - too high bitrate] Jul 11, 2022
    ACC User Interface Too Low Limit Framerate Cap in game Jun 9, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Poor and too many DLC in my game getting in my way. Nov 30, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Bug - Auto exposure making the game too dark Sep 3, 2016
    Suggestions Clarify which tracks are laser scanned on the website, steam, maybe in game too? Jul 18, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Wheel too sensitive even if Choose maximum rotation - it makes no difference. Game also glitchy Jun 3, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game is too bright, also with oculus - workarounds inside Dec 16, 2013
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Gamepad xbox one : the steering wheel turns too fast! Oct 16, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Exiting Game: credits screen takes too long to get to desktop. May 21, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Problem with running game - too many vehicles? Mar 3, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Can't find 911 gt3 R in the game(competizione) Sunday at 6:20 PM
    ACC Troubleshooting ingame Replay TV cameras are black but with sound Saturday at 6:10 PM
    ACC General Discussions The game throws me into the wall and also refused to save telemetry. Why? Apr 16, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error! The UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close Apr 13, 2024

3. Rudski

Rudski Alien

What lap times are you getting?
    Can you list a car combo and the AI difficulty?
    You say you can't keep up with the AI, I get that, but what times are you putting in versus their times, in which cars?

I can't say if you're any good only you can but there's this expression, someones ambitions exceed their ability. I don't know where you got the notion you should be able to handle each car within three days, be able to master driving on all the track within three days.
    I've had this sim with over 1000 hours and I still can't handle all the cars, like the F40 but I don't blame the devs for that I understand my ability to control that car at pace isn't very good.

Put in more time is what I would say, don't even race the AI yet.
    Can you put in ten laps where each lap there is only a 100th of a second difference, I am not being rude just honest when I say I doubt you are doing that all in three days.
    If your lap times are seconds apart each lap then trust me when I say you just need to practice more, lots more.

4. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Here is real life footage of a La Ferrari being driven with no skills or ability. He accelerated once and it hard snaps to the right just as hard as you describe. Sorry about the terrible footage, it's the only version available.

5. Archangel22

Archangel22 Gamer

The novice alpha romeo race for example, event 4 out of 5. Im getting 1min 38secs a lap on auto and easy with traction off. Is that good or bad? Their times not sure but they are always 12secs+ ahead of me in a race.

6. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

I can take care of all the 500s Abarth in that race but I simply cannot catch the M3. It's really hard.

lisanorm likes this.
  7. Archangel22

Archangel22 Gamer

Im doing the bmw z4 race in novice and in that nurburg sprint track Im doing 1min 57sec and the AI is doing 1min 50sec and yeh pulling away and away on easy also. Hope they examples of track times help, I know they arent perfect but surely the AI on easy shouldnt be that quick and are my times really that bad about 7secs off on easy its kinda making me look real bad like Ive never driven before, I know they aint perfect around bends but surely not that bad I feel?

8. Rudski

Rudski Alien

I'll jump on right now, mind you I've had a couple beers and give it a go.
    Ill let you know soon enough :)

If you want to compare, try to match a 1:46 with the Tautus FA01 on Imola, default weather @ 23c. That laptime beats the AI @ 100% on PC version. I don't know if you can pick "optimal" track conditions but I use that and also "pro" settings which means no assist what so ever and stability control turned off.

Also FYI, comparing laptimes is really hard in some cases because track temps play a huge difference in laptimes. Some people cheese the system and run temps that allow them to get "maximum" efficiency to the tyre.

Go to a site called RSR live timing, and check the world records. You can compare times with many combinations of cars. Mind you those times are on PC version.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  9. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Rubbish basic cars?
    Dude, I love the Abarth! It's a really fun to o drive car.
    If you can't beat the ai, you have serious driving technique problems. It's a sim, you need to learn to drive. No pun intended.
    Have fun!

10. razor92

razor92 Rookie

this game is very hard...i play difficult easy and i can't win...ia is not attainable

11. gregack

gregack Racer

Please don't get offended but: It is a sim. A very realistic sim. It's so good, that Ferrari and Porsche use AC Pro on their simulators (look @ AC-website)
    You are no racing driver I suppose? So have to do what every sim racer has done : Practice.
    Don't start with the tough cars, start with the slow FWD and learn how to drive. LaFerrari without TC is a deathtrap! Even I have troubles with that thing if I deactivate the TC. LaFerrari is a rwd 900 hp-beast, think about that.
    You also have to consider that AC is made for steering wheels. Yes, there is a controller-option, but it's a compromise after all.

Edit: I can beat easily the hard-AI on the PC in every event. Not because I'm the best racer of all time or because the Ai is slower on the PC but because I practiced a lot. Plus: I use a G27-wheel.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  12. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

if that places you 2nd doesnt it count as a win? in those mix and match races there are some cars that are faster than yours. if your in an alfa giulietta qv it will be a lot slower than an e92 m3! if you progress to the next event consider it a win.

if you want to test AI difficulty maybe set up a one make race with easy difficulty so your all in the same car?

13. Lars F

Lars F Rookie

Are your laptimes improving?
    If on a certain playing level AI should have laptimes just about consistent all the time, or there might be a flaw in design.
    So if you finish in better time than winner another race, same track, everything the same, but AI still get shorter laptime than you in this race - possible bug or oversight if this is repeated over and over.

I don't AC, but ran just about every console racer release since 2008 or so, previous console generation.
    I'm usually happy if improving laptimes, not to win after just a short while.
    It could be adjusting car mechanics but mostly driving skills and know the very car you drive, how much you can push it.
    I usually turn off all assists, I'm just limited by it. I also like to do gears by myself, works better i general in my view.

14. gregack

gregack Racer

You can't expect driving like a maniac Forza-sytle brings success in AC! It's a pure sim!
    Activate some little helpers, a little stability control and try that.:)

15. Kribbio

Kribbio Guest

Some events are very easy , like the special event with the Abarth 500 at Magione (done it in Alien Difficulty with a big gap from the 2nd) but other ones are very difficult like some races in the career , the race at nurb gp with the Z4 verdura the e92 or the giuletta's one versus the m3 e30 in magione..

16. gregack

gregack Racer

The keyfeature in AC is not winning, getting better tuning, cars and so on. The keyfeature is the driving and racing itself!
    Try to become better. Practice. You don't have to win every single event.
    AC is easy to drive but hard to drive fast just like in real life.
    Don't give up too early, I know it's tough at the beginning (I remember when I first tried GTR2, a desaster:oops:) but once you get a good feeling, its going to be awesome!:)

Tip: Get a wheel. AC is twice as good with a proper wheel.

OldGeezerGamer likes this.
  17. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

I thought i've seen everything but complaining that being good in a simulator is tough, as something negative..
    Anyway i've found that being good in a sim is much easier then being good in an arcade or simcade game. Cause the driving is realistic i can predict and use real world knowledge of knowing what the car is doing, in arcade titles i have to learn all new physics laws to be good, all my knowledge is useless, so it's no different than trying to be good in any other game, it' just that happens that that game involves cars and not monsters..

Padders33 and Fabioc8 like this.
  18. Kribbio

Kribbio Guest

I'm using a T300 and i'm not that bad at driving ..I would love to unluck all the thropies of AC but is very difficult and i like that so i can improve a lot..

19. Rudski

Rudski Alien

RAAAAAA, my shifter isn't working it's stuck in sequential mode...... When I load a race with a car that has a h-shifter I can't get it off the line.
    If someone with a PC version would be kind enough to do some lap on the novice alpha romeo race event 4 out of 5 that would be great. I'll send a private message to another user who I know doesn't mind helping.

20. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

If you're on ps4 plug the shifter into the usb closest to the disc slot and wheel into other one that's how I got mine to work.

In my case I have the shifter plugged into usb hub and hub is plugged into ps4 closest usb to disc slot..

I must say it's very impressive so far really enjoying it..

21. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Yeah tried that, it's broken :(
    I just tried it on PC and same thing, I'm not having much luck with my Fanatec gear, CSWv2 had to be returned and now it seems the shifter. I'll email em and see what they say.