1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

GamerMuscle explains which is the best racing sim, and why

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by kofotsjanne, Dec 1, 2016.

1. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

A breath of fresh air

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    mantasisg 2 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Screens & Videos Racing Assetto Corsa PC on the GamerMuscle Server Jul 20, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Why was my gamermuscle server thread deleted???? Mar 18, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Niels heusinkveld explains game stockcar extreme tyre model May 3, 2015

3. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

New to me.

5. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

When will people learn, Penny Racers is the best sim.

[​IMG]

It has everything you could possibly want well apart from wheel support, and the ability to be emulated and only on a single platform, sounds which are arguably worse then gran turismo.........

On a serious note though im not really going to care about which is best, its just want is suited for me and modding is what suites me, a great community, devs with personality etc etc

We all have our own reasons for liking ac or another sim or something in another genre. I struggle with the mentality of it must be NUMBER 1 THE BEST, DRIVE THE BEST SIM, DRINK THE BEST BEER, SUPPORT THE BEST TEAM. Yeah sadly there are a lot of elitests in this community and its a shame but i guess we dont have much of a choice but to deal with it.

pollinho123 likes this.
  6. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Sims in 1998 can have snow and sims in 2016 can't even have this basic feature. WE'VE GONE BACKWARDS.

7. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Yeah no modern car racing sims have wings, propellers or skis bolted to the sides of them. the disappointment is real.

8. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

The "Best" Sim is whatever one you enjoy; Simples. :)

I do enjoy GM's videos though, and I generally tend to agree with his views; nicely presented.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  9. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

@8:14 talking about which tyre model is 'best': "...and also I've never driven a real race car..."
    Not many people have(here and anywhere) , but Aris etc did. So it's all opinions based on assuming something isn't it.

Food for discussion. I find iRacing lacking physical road feel and handling. LFS is physically still very good but 'no ffb'. Dirt rally has a feel I can't describe but on gravel/snow it gives me the 'real life feel' (been there done that)
    And AC has this all in one almost flawless IMHO.

So real live racing/racecar experience /feel vs engineering/ict expertice and programmers or a bit of both like Kunos?

Cheers
    Robin

10. It's funny how pretty much every thing he says about AC FFB is wrong :D :D :D

Seria17hri11er, 3316V, mms and 2 others like this.
  11. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

guy speaks his opinion as being fact way too often

12. speeddrifter

speeddrifter Hardcore Simmer

CAPSLOCK YOUTUBE CLICKBAIT TITLE!

And we all know the answer to what is the best simulator... There is none!
    It's all subjective and down to personal preference.

13. TBH he filled the video with a lot of "I don't know/understand anything" so I think it's all fine. We make fun of placebo effects all the time in here and the simple reason is that the brain is so easy to fool into believing stuff.. it happens to me all the time when I ask Aris and Luca to "can you double check if I am seeing things or it's real?".

14. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I ask my wife that every night we go to bed.

Seria17hri11er, mms, AmorFati and 3 others like this.
  15. The best race simulator is clearly the one that I use.

Cote Dazur and ShimonART like this.
  16. that could end badly in so many horrible ways

17. Tberg

Tberg Alien

No doubt! But just joking, everything good, second kid on the way.

I hope THAT is not placebo, or wifey is eating too much! :p

OT: maybe I should watch the video...

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  18. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

LOL & Congrats! Already have a name for the kid? Aris perhaps?:)

Cheers
    Robin

Seria17hri11er and Tberg like this.
  19. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Thanks! Name will most certainly not be Aris (sorry Aris) :D

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  20. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

GM is trying to start WW3 with this video

21. TDS

TDS Alien

at least GM is much funnier to watch than empty box, cant watch empty box videos, too boring for me. hehehehe