1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Gaming pc for simracing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Koellefornia, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Koellefornia

Koellefornia Rookie

Hi guys,

As my pc has worn out, i have to get a new one in the near future.
    Need one for a triplescreen setup. 3840x1024

My old one is a Q9550@3,4GHz with 8GB DDR2-1066 RAM and 6950@880Mhz in CF-Mode.
    I can run AC only on low grafic settings. With around 40fps.

Will I be able to run high/ultra setting with a i5-6600k, GTX 970 and 32GB DRR4 RAM?

[​IMG]

Greets K

Edit: PSU is a Thermaltake Toughpower 850w.
    Cooler is a Thermaltake Bigwater 760i with additional Radiator.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Inconsistent FFB between gaming sessions Nov 2, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds New gaming laptop AC massive stutters Feb 11, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room 4 Hours of Silverstone endurance hosted by LTC Gaming Dec 1, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Nürburgring 3h Endurance hosted by LTC gaming Nov 1, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Problem with online Gaming Aug 1, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Gaming Headphone Recommendations? Jun 22, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room LTC Gaming ACC Series Jun 15, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Frame Timing - key to smooth VR gaming? Jul 22, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting again super fps drops or stuttering (I mean no smooth gaming) Jul 16, 2019
    ACC General Discussions DIY conversion of a Gaming Chair into fixed rig ^^ May 22, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Gaming problems: "loading..." screen or the game freezes Jul 14, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Logitech gaming software doesn't install Feb 24, 2018
    Chit Chat Room GPU prices... is this going to kill PC gaming? Feb 1, 2018
    Suggestions How to reset the in gaming app to default? Jan 27, 2018
    Console Lounge Sparco Gaming & Kunos Simulazioni dress your passion! Sep 29, 2017

3. Cpu cooler? Psu? Why 32gb ram?
    Dont buy a tray cpu

4. Koellefornia

Koellefornia Rookie

PSU and Cooler are still ok.

5. What for an Psu Do u have? How Do u know that its ok? C5/c6 states?

Wich cooler Do u have?
    Ur cooler fit to lga 1151?

6. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

32gb ddr4 is a bit overkill I think :p
    You also might want to go for an i7 but one gear lower (not the 6xxxk series but either 5xxxk or 4xxxk).
    I'd personally look into a 980. Bit more power always helps. Especially in AC. :)

7. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

32gb ddr4 = overkill
    970 = to week

8. Is hyperthreading important in modern gaming?

9. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

For higher resolutions i would look on AMD, they get faster with more loadout.
    Maybe save money for GTX980 or R9 Fury. Fury is faster than stock 980, 980 OC is same fast as Fury
    Also vote for i7 or i5 Broadwell, but thats up to you.

[RRRV] JuggernAlz likes this.
  10. Look at his resolution...

11. TDS

TDS Alien

EDIT - Ops I failed to see the "OP" will be using triples... idk shiznit about it i never ran triples

12. you should tell something
    budget
    your psu
    cpu cooler
    where are you from

13. FURTHEWIN

FURTHEWIN Rookie

Gonna take a shot in the dark hand say he's in Germany

mane2907 and Koellefornia like this.
  14. Koellefornia

Koellefornia Rookie

You're right!

15. Koellefornia

Koellefornia Rookie

PSU is a Thermaltake Toughpower 850w.

Cooler is a Thermaltake Bigwater 760i with additional Radiator. Should fit most sockets.

16. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Save money on the RAM, get a 980TI. Better card, will have longer legs for future games.

Rift Racer, Kristaps and Koellefornia like this.
  17. U also need a New Psu, with c5/c6 for the New Intel cpu's

18. we need to know a budget now

19. Koellefornia

Koellefornia Rookie

Looks like I have to get everything new. Maybe the chassis is fine.

I have no idea about the budget. But I need a steady system for the next years.

20. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

Unless I missed something in the past few weeks there is no such thing as an i7 5xxxk series that is cheaper than a 6600k. Broadwell pretty much never happened, and Haswell-E is a more expensive platform which performs a bit worse in gaming than Skylake. I personally don't understand why anyone would want to buy a dead platform for 1150 and a 4xxxk either.

Hyperthreading is still irrelevant 99.999% of the time anyway as far as gaming goes.

21. CamsX

CamsX Racer

Exactly, no problem here with my 6600k. More than enough and faster than the fx8350 it replaced. 32gb is overkill, but if you have the money go with whatever is the highest/newewt tier component you can buy.

850w is overkill for a skylake/nvidia build. 500-600w gold/platinum psu would be more than enough.