1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Gentlemen Sport code...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by cunnu79, May 13, 2014.

1. Digital Aura

Digital Aura Racer

yeah, I guess I've experienced that as well. It is rather annoying. I think because I play with 3 or 4 other friends, I dont have to put up with that - controlling WHO you race with becomes a real advantage and I overlooked that fact. :confused:

2. Pmi5

Pmi5 Gamer

3. Darkkis

Darkkis Racer

Very good tips, even though the 3rd one is quite problematic currently IMO, because we don't have slipstream yet, so it makes overtaking very very hard without mistakes.

cunnu79 likes this.
  4. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

I'm an old school online gamer. 1996, quake, 200x200 window, 33.6 modem.

We had an unwritten code of conduct called netiquette.

As PC' have become more popular through the years I have noticed a decline in this to a point where it is nearly non-existent. This saddens me :(

bondyboy and cunnu79 like this.
  5. There would be no problems at all if everyone would follow the Golden Rule -

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Digital Aura, CTR69 and cunnu79 like this.
  6. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

7. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

Yea, that's good. For better English, it should be 'in' braking zone, not 'on', though. ;)

Its pretty important, too. One of those things that isn't talked about much, but happens enough that it should be.

8. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

Would be great, but its far more important to actually understand racing etiquette and abide by it rather than racing by what you personally find it acceptable for others to do, as that will be different from person-to-person.

9. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Simracer

I race for fun not first so I won't "defend" my position, if your faster I will let you pass when I can and I will see if I can learn anything. I am also happy to say I bumped some poor bugger so I stopped, waited for him to get back on the track in front of me and the race began again. I won the race too, that's the way to do it :)

I might suggest having the track map up as well. I don't use this for navigating, I use this for if I go of the track for any reason. This came about because I pulled back onto the track after being taken out once and took another driver out. It then occurred to me that if I have that map up I can check where I can't see. Now I wait, I may lose positions but not as many as if I got hit getting back on.

10. Rolf Kazamba

Rolf Kazamba Simracer

Such a code of conduct seems to be necessary to have fun. Unfair driving is really annoying... i hope there will be some improvements soon to punish completely lunatic or even destructive behavior... just like this...

He/she did that to many others at the last 2 laps btw...

For so long be fair and carefully.

cunnu79 likes this.
  11. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

Hate those kids...

12. My two tips....use the virtual mirror (f11) if breaks immersion a little but is a courtesy to the other racers.
    The Golden Rule: You block, you pay.

13. iVG

iVG Alien

I don't think anybody that is educated enough to read this forum and even more - have the passion to actually race, would do ridiculous things like sniping people out of corner, drive backwards and what not. Even if he (whoever that might be), don't know about the 1-move rule, he will quickly learn why it's not healthy for him to do so. Driving the wrong way is just common sense... Those guys have 'fun' in their own way, they are not interested in becoming faster or race, for them it's all a game of bumper cars. Even if Kunos put those things in the main menu, right before everyone's eyes, there will still be guys who are way out of their place, kids, immature players of all sorts, etc. It's been like this for since the dawn of racing games. And that's the problem. For them - it's just a game. For us, it's a simulation, along with all the racing etiquettes you can think of. The sim is coded in the game engine, the racing attitude - in the brain of the racer.

2hats, bondyboy, Digital Aura and 2 others like this.
  14. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I live in hope that this sim is just too difficult to drive for the type of idiots you refer to, and they'll soon move on to arcade type games when they realise they can't keep the car on track for more than 2 corners.

2hats and mangal like this.
  15. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

@iVG my "don't drive backward" was almost a joke, just to a fun on it, since it's such a common problem:)
    Unfortunatly, for now, the only way to deal with kids it's private servers. OK, It's not the best thing to do, but we're still in alpha.
    The Basic Rules are ment to be for beginners who would like to learn how to behave correctly on track, tips on how overtake without crashing ect....
    Anyway, thanks for your opinion, always welcome;)

16. Digital Aura

Digital Aura Racer

you, sir, are welcome on my track any day!

17. Rolf Kazamba

Rolf Kazamba Simracer

Absolutely right, nicely said... and it's also a question of liking it to have fun by ruining the fun of others. Therefore it's also a question of having a likeable personality. ;-)

Digital Aura likes this.
  18. Digital Aura

Digital Aura Racer

The idea was presented to have an Assetto Corsa FORUM track... it seems like if what iVG said is true, then a forum only track might be the best race going!

19. iVG

iVG Alien

That is what we are doing almost every night on the Wealthysoups's private server. :) 100000000000000000000000000000000x better than public.

20. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

Right, nice server with nice people...